Ben Flajnik Reveals: Why I Broke Up With Courtney Robertson After Our First Engagement

Thu, March 15, 2012 12:49pm EDT by 5 Comments

‘Bachelor’ Ben finally reveals why he dumped his fiancée Courtney in her darkest moments. Do YOU think he did the right thing?

For the first time since his second proposal to Courtney Robertson, Bachelor Ben Flajnik reveals what really happened during those troubled times in February.

On Ben’s final blog post for People.comhe openly discusses why he broke off the engagement with Courtney. Finally, some insight on the madness!

“At one point the pressure became too much and I told her I needed a break. Courtney was cool enough to allow me time to clear my head. I became worried about staying in a relationship that had so much negativity surrounding it, so I eventually called off the engagement and we broke up,” Ben writes. “Fortunately, that breakup didn’t last long. The love I feel for her, love that I couldn’t deny even amidst all the bad press and lack of public support, brought me back to her.”

Well, since the finale on March 12, Courtney has been strolling around L.A. flaunting her engagement ring, so we’re assuming things are going well for the couple. I still think it’s a big red flag that Ben left Courtney when she was being attacked by the press, though.

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Vote and weigh in below.

– Nicole Karlis

More ‘Bachelor’ News

1. Courtney Robertson Steps Out With Engagement Ring On — Is This A Publicity Stunt?
  2. Courtney Robertson Needs To Change Or Else She’ll Fight With Ben Flajnik’s Mom & Sister
  3. ‘The Bachelor’ Drama: Courtney Robertson Isn’t In Love With Ben Flajnik Anymore, Says Insider

jordanlee

Posted at 8:01 PM on March 18, 2012

I think it was a good idea for ben to break up with her because she is a big brat

Marilou

Posted at 7:58 AM on March 18, 2012

No it isn’t cool to abandoned Courtney when she needed him in time of trying circumstances.They’re in this together and through thick and thin they should support each other.if the only reason why he left her because of Courtney’s behavior and attitude towards the other ladies on the show.They were just as bad or worse than Courtney. They ganged up on her and the ring leader was Emily.she figured that most of the ladies in the house weren’t that bright it was too easy for them to be manipulated to her advantage. She had a PHD, blah blah.Who is she? Is she an M.D?. specialized in Psycho Analysis? Is she Board certified> calling Courtney Autistic? She was practicing medicine without a license. She crossed the line with her mouth motivated by Jealousy because of Ben’s connection to Courtney. Ben wasn’t into them but only Courtney. Plain and Simple. Get over it! For Ben to bailed out because he couldn’t take the pressure that is far for the course when you are in public eye. But he came to his senses and he realize he missed Courtney and he is truly in love with her and that love brought him back to her. Courtney love Ben unconditionally and I believe their relationship will grow once they are away from the limelight. I wish them the best of luck and happiness. I have always liked Courtney I thought she was Hilarious. She was a spitfire on the Show. She fought for Ben and she wasn’t going to any nonsense from a bunch of bullies and nasty women. Courtney is a professional Ford Model. She is already a success in her chosen profession. She is beautiful, sophisticated, and elegant. Good luck Ben and Courtney!

SKae

Posted at 6:31 PM on March 16, 2012

Wondering why Courtney is hanging in LA and not Sonoma? As a MODEL, she probably does not work every day, so why is she being spotted out and about so much, even with the ring on?

Just sayin…

terrisa

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 16, 2012

I, too, think it’s a red flag that Ben had broken up with Courtney so soon after engagement and telling her she is his ‘forever.’ He had many chances to see the other side of her – from what she said and did in front of him, and from what the others were trying to tell him. (Maybe not to the extent he did when he saw the behind the scenes, but still more chances than he ever let on.)

Johnc

Posted at 1:15 PM on March 15, 2012

Ben can’t stand negativity…he is a big baby and puts his head in the sand every time news is unpleasant. He is weak. He wants his mommy and his sister to approve everything.The sister wants someone “ambitious” who can keep up with them and their million dollar lifestyles. Sip wine and eat cheeses while sailing on Ben’s Yacht to San Fran for the opening of another art show or invest more dough into gold and real estate while the rest of us go broke and lose their homes.