Russ Says: Jessica Sanchez Will Not Win 'American Idol'

Thu, March 15, 2012 3:51am EDT by 131 Comments

After witnessing Jessica Sanchez butcher Gloria Estefan’s “Turn the Beat Around” the fan favorite 16-year-old will NOT win ‘American Idol’. You heard it here first!

Has the Will.i.am proclaimed “swagger-naut” peaked? After doing a pretty stellar rendition of Whitney Houston‘s “I Will Always Love You” on last weeks show, things took an awful turn with her March 14 rendition of Gloria Estefan‘s ‘Turn the Beat Around’.

Let me throw some names your way, Amanda Avila, Haley Scarnato, Carmen Rasmusen and Diana DeGarmo. All former Idol hopefuls that have sung ‘Turn the Beat Around’ and all contestants that never won American Idol! So after Jessica Sanchez took her stab at the classic dance song the only thing that was bleeding with emotion were my ears.

For a contestant that has been given so much hype, has proven their hype in past performances, this latest performance has proved she is not the phenom everyone wants her to become. Sure do people have bad nights? Without a doubt, but this is the time to shine and mistakes are only allowed very limitedly to the audience voting for their favorites. Look what has happened to Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson in the past. You have to be on it 100% of the time or it WILL catch up to you!

Could this performance be the game changer of the whole competition allowing someone else to win the whole show? If anyone wants to lay down any bets, consider me one who will gamble anything on this prediction.

So HollywoodLifers, Do you think Jessica Sanchez will improve as the weeks continue or will she continue to get worse and not become the American Idol?

Russ Weakland

Richard OBrien

Posted at 11:47 PM on May 24, 2012

I JUST WANT TO SAY; YOU ARE AN IDIOT !!!!
JESSICA HAS A GREAT FUTURE AHEAD OF HER…
SHE HAS A GREAT SINGING VOICE & WILL GO FAR IN HER CAREER !!!! SO WOULD HAVE WON, IF THERE WERE NOT SO MANY WHITE RACIST IN THE USA !
THATS WHY THEY VOTED FOR THE WHITE BUBBA !!!!
….& Yes, I am a white American & I think Philips effort at singing, is terrible at best.

John Hart

Posted at 8:13 PM on May 21, 2012

Your biggest problem is you are from the UK that somes up the type of person you are and your lack of knoledge about talented singers like Jessica Sanchez.

John Hart

John Hart

Posted at 8:07 PM on May 21, 2012

I think Donna is in bed with Phillip Phillips

John Hart

John Hart

Posted at 8:02 PM on May 21, 2012

You are a nasty person and know nothing about music or singers at all, so keep your mouth shut until you have something appropriate to say that is truthfull

John Hart

pinoy

Posted at 10:06 AM on May 21, 2012

the real reason why jessica keeps on being safe is because of our voting power. and yeah she is talented. plus, the haters and this rude writer had the whole filam community gathering fort in the the states to vote.

nie mas

Posted at 5:25 AM on May 21, 2012

Will jessica be american idol..absolutely..

holly dedoo

Posted at 4:13 PM on May 20, 2012

Phillip should win,Joshua should not have been eliminated, Jessica should go home. I think she is talented, but only sings cover songs to wow the judges. Cheap shot singing aerosmith last week, and Whitney and Mariah. She is too cunning and sly for a 16 yr. old and I don’t think she connects with the audience at all.

I don’t know anyone who has voted for her, what is her demographic draw? I hope she walks…even the other contestants don’t appear to like her. Just my opinion. I wish Colton or Elyse would have been the save, not Jessica.

jp

Posted at 10:56 AM on May 21, 2012

ulol!! haha

pinoy pride

Posted at 11:29 PM on May 29, 2012

SHUT Up your Phillip Cant even hit high notes and sings like he is being possed by some elemental creatures..

tere

Posted at 10:20 AM on May 30, 2012

everytime i see your phillip sing , as if he’s being electrocuted or wants to pee with his facial expressions….

cris

Posted at 3:38 PM on May 20, 2012

I agree with you rhoda, when I first heard her name from my co-worker, to watch the american idol show that there is a 16 year old contestant who sings very good and her name is “Jessica Sanchez” there seems to be a magnet or something special in that name, I watch the american idol from then on and I really come to like watching her singing,
very interesting to watch. Hopefully, if God permits, she wins,
and the more her singing ability “polished” she’s like a jewel
(diamond) that shines..

shannon

Posted at 3:14 PM on May 20, 2012

well donna there is hatred & enviness within you,all of them are good singers, after all they will not be in that competition if they do not have the potentials, somehow she or he (singing style) maynot be your style, To be honest with you
I seldom watch american idol show, but this lady ” Jessica”
caught my attention ( I want her style of singing, the way she moves her body when singing very graceful, and of course her voice, she is a whole package). These are my own honest observation about her.

marion

Posted at 1:04 PM on May 20, 2012

Jessica sung a few songs very well but she also sang some songs quite horribly. She is not consistent at all and i dont know why the judges keep praising her. I thought her last performances were so school girlish, more fitting a school concert.

John Hart

Posted at 7:59 PM on May 21, 2012

She is wonderful and I would like to hear you singing anywhere near as good as she is

John Hart

tere

Posted at 10:32 AM on May 30, 2012

right on mr. john hart….well said…..

Mavakes

Posted at 6:02 AM on May 20, 2012

Errrrr can you even sing?

Dino_me

Posted at 2:53 PM on May 19, 2012

No wonder the writer of this article has only 150 tweeter followers because he writes non-sense.

bastos

Posted at 10:00 PM on May 18, 2012

well joshua sucks too

rhoda

Posted at 7:56 PM on May 18, 2012

Jessica will win, she deserve to win in American Idol.

donna

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 18, 2012

Jessica sucks, I wish someone would tell me what anyone sees in her.

donna

Posted at 5:41 PM on May 18, 2012

I’m with you, I wanted Joshua to win, but Phillip Phillips is also great, he is true to himself, humble, and great. Jessica should be on the mickey mouse club, her singing isnt that great, she will be a one hit wonder if that.

tere

Posted at 10:30 AM on May 30, 2012

johua and phillip…they both suck too….hahahaha

donna

Posted at 5:36 PM on May 18, 2012

I think Jessica is th worse person to ever be on idol, how she made it this far is beyond me

bastos

Posted at 9:58 PM on May 18, 2012

whydo you think that shes the worse if she went through america’s got talent , remember, she’s singing since 6 years old

GeeWhiz

Posted at 1:26 PM on May 18, 2012

In my opinion Jessica Sanchez is exactly where she should be and I really hope she wins. She is a born talent. I think all of the top contestants are already stars and could go on to do much more.

xUKxGrimReaper

Posted at 1:22 PM on May 18, 2012

Are you for real? We’re not haters at all. What a stupid comment to make. There are much better artists on AI than her. Elise Testone was one but the judges didn’t like her and gave her poor comments thus she was eliminated. Philip Phillips is way better also but Jessica is more marketable so will likely win for that reason and not for her voice. Jessica is ok but she had 3 bad weeks especially Queen week so she shouldn’t win. Don’t be so naive to think that judges, producers, record labels amongst others have no power over who stays and who doesn’t. I put it to you that it is you sir whom is in fact the hater

xUKxGrimReaper

Posted at 12:57 PM on May 18, 2012

Jessica should not win but probably will. Philip Phillips has not had one bad week on the show but Jessica was voted off a few weeks ago. If she does win though I shall be hanging up my proverbial American Idol boots and won’t be watching it anymore as I’ll believe it’s fixed. When she was “saved” by the judges I believe the manner in which J-lo jumped on stage and took the mic was disgusting and showed clearly that she is the judges favourite and this is the only reason she will win. Philip Phillips is by far the best artist and is streets ahead of Jessica. Joshua Ledet is better than Jessica too! He can thank stupid Jimmy for his elimination. No more pain by Mary J Blige, Really? Philip Phillips should win simple as that and I don’t care what anyone says.

bebie

Posted at 5:22 AM on May 18, 2012

I did not pay attentention the prevoius American Idol Competition, but this season I really admired this 16 year old, Jesica Sanches. She can perform and sing really well any songs. ;e sung those difficult songs. And she doin an excellent job every week. This season 11 Jesica Sances will deserve to win. As the mentor said..jessica was a long time winner.jesica Sanchez will be the American Idol 11.

Rizal Navecis

Posted at 2:06 AM on May 18, 2012

Hope Russ will speak out after today’s result came out. Jessica will prove him wrong next week.

sue

Posted at 1:16 AM on May 18, 2012

For sure Jessica will win the american idol. Every week she has a different style of singing. She has an amazing voice for a 16 year old girl. We all love her.

Bunny

Posted at 12:15 AM on May 18, 2012

This article is so wrong. haha why is jessica on top 2 if this was true? she will win, everybody i know has never been more sure :)

susan4

Posted at 5:06 AM on May 17, 2012

Jessica for the win. Phiollip runner up