Russ Says: Jessica Sanchez Will Not Win 'American Idol'

Thu, March 15, 2012 3:51am EDT by 131 Comments

After witnessing Jessica Sanchez butcher Gloria Estefan’s “Turn the Beat Around” the fan favorite 16-year-old will NOT win ‘American Idol’. You heard it here first!

Has the Will.i.am proclaimed “swagger-naut” peaked? After doing a pretty stellar rendition of Whitney Houston‘s “I Will Always Love You” on last weeks show, things took an awful turn with her March 14 rendition of Gloria Estefan‘s ‘Turn the Beat Around’.

Let me throw some names your way, Amanda Avila, Haley Scarnato, Carmen Rasmusen and Diana DeGarmo. All former Idol hopefuls that have sung ‘Turn the Beat Around’ and all contestants that never won American Idol! So after Jessica Sanchez took her stab at the classic dance song the only thing that was bleeding with emotion were my ears.

For a contestant that has been given so much hype, has proven their hype in past performances, this latest performance has proved she is not the phenom everyone wants her to become. Sure do people have bad nights? Without a doubt, but this is the time to shine and mistakes are only allowed very limitedly to the audience voting for their favorites. Look what has happened to Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson in the past. You have to be on it 100% of the time or it WILL catch up to you!

Could this performance be the game changer of the whole competition allowing someone else to win the whole show? If anyone wants to lay down any bets, consider me one who will gamble anything on this prediction.

So HollywoodLifers, Do you think Jessica Sanchez will improve as the weeks continue or will she continue to get worse and not become the American Idol?

Russ Weakland

Bella

Posted at 5:21 AM on May 16, 2012

Taylor has got it in the bag.

Pinoy-ako!

Posted at 7:20 PM on May 12, 2012

Jessica’s rendition of And I’m Telling You is phenomenal! now she’s over the top! God bless jessica’s haters!

happyman

Posted at 5:17 AM on May 12, 2012

I THINK Jessica Sanchez’s “I will always love you” was better than charice pempenco’s

gadgetqueen

Posted at 10:13 AM on April 20, 2012

Phil Phillips…he’s unique

Annette delacruz

Posted at 10:59 PM on April 11, 2012

Jessica sanchez is too full of herself she thinks she is going to win i think not

batman

Posted at 12:13 AM on April 13, 2012

She is gonna win it all!

ehstir

Posted at 1:12 AM on April 11, 2012

Hmm…

Everybody Has A Dream, Sweet Dreams and How Will I Know were all phenomenal so, your point is proven WRONG.

bateman

Posted at 9:44 AM on April 9, 2012

How dare you say this?
Oh well. Bet you feel as stupid as this article now.

Jod

Posted at 1:17 PM on April 8, 2012

all subsequent performances after turn the beat around.. in your face. nuff said .

Aki

Posted at 2:44 PM on April 6, 2012

Your last name speaks for you WEAKhead look what’s going on with american idol and you’ll gonna eat your words. Jessica will win AI that’s for sure.

Joseph

Posted at 10:42 PM on April 4, 2012

B*tch Please, the reason she won’t win idol is that the viewers of AI are a bunch of horny sixteen year old girl that would only vote for a hot guy with not much talent. I’m guessing this year would be Philip Philips and Colton Dixon.

mika

Posted at 1:10 AM on April 7, 2012

i don’t mind colton winning this season, he auditioned twice.

blessedbythebest

Posted at 11:49 PM on March 27, 2012

Are serous Jessica only got A-. If it had been white woman or a black woman you would’ve gave her a Solid A+ and I know that and i happen to be a black woman. The only reason me and my family tune in to watch AI is to hear Jessica sing. And for the haters I don’t personally know or love Vickie Sue Robinson’s Turn the Beat Around but I thought she did an excellent rendition for a song I don’t remember even ever hearing lol. Jessica will win AI, and then of course America will be flipped upside down on his head the same way it was when Barrack Obama won the presidency. I’m all for shaking up American pop culture and Jessica is the girl to do it. We love you baby.

Andy

Posted at 11:59 PM on March 30, 2012

It will be very difficult for Jessica to win because Jessica is the one that can really sing. The supporters of other contestants and haters will eventually band together and vote against her. Thats the nature of AI, and thats why AI rarely got won by a real singer.

dionny

Posted at 11:41 PM on March 23, 2012

First off Gloria estefan does not sing Turn the beat around, Vickie Sue Robinson sings that song. Jessica’s rendention of that song was marvelous to me, and entertaining, far better than any other previous American Idols rendention. Also that is not a song I particularly care for, but I did enjoy Jessica’s performance of it which shows shes not only a singer but a performer. That aside every other song she’s sung has been flawless and to be honest she is my new favorite singer, and she is definitely what’s next. She is beautiful and extraordinarily talented. If Simon was still on American Idol he would telling the rest of the competitors they don’t stand a chance. I didn’t even tune in last season. I only tuned in this season cause some one told I wouldn’t believe how great this girl Jessica Sanchez is at singing.

rommelb

Posted at 1:30 PM on March 23, 2012

american idol is just a stepping stone for all the contestants..it does not guarantee that you will make it in the real world..what’s important is determination, professionalism and obviously TALENT..I believe that Jessica will make it BIG even if she does not win..I hope everybody gets this

simon j

Posted at 8:07 AM on March 23, 2012

she actually sang it way better than Gloria Estefan!

This young girl has a real versatile talent and she wants to show the world that she can sing anything.

pinoy

Posted at 9:16 AM on March 22, 2012

But that’s not important now isn’t it? for me, not even the elimination from American Idol can stop her from becoming more famous..

remind you that most people who didn’t made it to the top became more famous world wide.

Nhed

Posted at 3:35 AM on March 22, 2012

how about tonights perf dude? :)

Jay camacho

Posted at 5:11 PM on March 20, 2012

She is good but Joshua will win

Hannah

Posted at 3:59 AM on March 20, 2012

I bet the same person predicted scotty would not win last year after his performance of swingin’!? nice know that someone can see into future otherwise what would be the point in watching the rest of the season if we already know the outcome?

avictorious

Posted at 12:48 AM on March 20, 2012

Russ, you are a disgusting.t person. You are not neutral when you give criticism. Your obviously not a musician. Jessica is a phenom, this you cannot deny.

Ivo

Posted at 8:08 AM on March 25, 2012

yheahhh….Russ…will agree with you if you can sing better than Jessica…if not, better go home and practice….Go go go Jessica….

Carmel

Posted at 12:10 AM on March 20, 2012

The more you put Jessica down, the more fans and votes she will get … Right fans?

IzeIzeBaby

Posted at 11:23 PM on March 19, 2012

what a very biased article!!! how did Russ able to predict that Jessica will not win American Idol? No one knows about it. Jessica will improve and the criticisms she got from her last performance will just bring her game to the next level.

aragon

Posted at 1:27 PM on March 19, 2012

a chip over his shoulder … or bias for someone else…??

americanidol.net has Jessica and Joshua fighting it out at 28% and 26% respectively… everyone else is about 10% or less for what’s left after.

Is the crystal ball that clear and absolute …??

Suzanne

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 19, 2012

OMG…you have got to be kidding. There is not other contestant on the show this year that has enough talent to win. Some the mess I have seen and heard this year from the others makes me wonder if anybody out there judging can
actually hear. My family has been in music for 50 years andI know talent when I hear it. This diddy bop jazz slop that the other contestants are doing makes me want to slap them.

karat

Posted at 6:43 AM on March 19, 2012

i’m taking hollywoodlife out from my bookmarked pages. what a shame. fabricating quotes and splicing interview videos? cheap!

RuSerious

Posted at 11:07 PM on March 18, 2012

….And this Russ guy is employed by HollywoodLife because??? Bonnie, he just butchered your site. He should be voted out and thrown to the dawg pound…dawg! lol