'One Tree Hill' Recap: Dan Makes A Major Sacrifice For Nathan

Wed, March 14, 2012 11:12pm EDT by 6 Comments

Is Dan dying? Is Brooke OK? This week’s ‘One Tree Hill’ was insane!

The March 14 episode of One Tree Hill was the most action-packed hour of the series. Dan (Paul Johansson) put his plan into action to try and save Nathan (James Lafferty), while Brooke Davis (Sophia Bush) was just trying to stay alive.

Brooke found Karen’s Cafe completely trashed and exchanged a few not-so-nice words with Tara (Chelsea Kane). Then the game of cat and mouse began! Xavier caught Brooke alone in a parking garage and chased her down, threatening to kill her. I didn’t really understand where he was going with most of the words coming out of his mouth, but the knife in his hand was what got my attention. He finally got Brooke cornered and was just about to kill her… when Tara showed up with a taser! Dead or not, I’m hoping this means Xavier is gone for good.

Meanwhile, Clay (Robert Buckley) had a chat with Sarah during a visit to her grave, and told her what a good father he planned to be when given the chance. I’m really hoping Logan understands and forgives his dad because Clay, Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) and Logan would make the most adorable family ever.

And now for the real action: Dan Scott (Paul Johansson), Julian (Austin Nichols) and Chris Keller (Tyler Hilton) cooked up a scheme to break Nathan free. Dan was shooting people left and right, Chris Keller ran one guy into the wall with his car — then ran for the hills — and Julian showed up just in time to save the day! But in the process of saving Nathan, Dan did take a bullet for his son, so he’s the true hero.

(All of your actions in previous seasons are forgiven, Dan Scott.)

— Jaymie Bailey

charlotte

Posted at 10:03 PM on March 16, 2012

This eppy was the one I was waiting for all season. It was well worth the wait. Not only was I screaming at the tv wen the nathan and brooke scenes were on. I was also crying during the moments they showed haley flashing bak through there past. By the end of the hour I sat there in astonishment for a few moments. Oth hasn’t done that for me in a long time. Spoilers are the one thing I stayed away from for this eppy and I am so glad I did. Dans redemption is finally worthy of his crime. Julian is forgiven for leaving his kid in the car (even though the only one mad about it is him). Chris keller provided some much needed comic relief and he came through wen he was suppose to. Clay scenes I felt although important to his story could have waited till next week cuz that time could have been put to better use w/nathan or brookes stories. 3 eppys left:(

Monica

Posted at 12:13 AM on March 15, 2012

Wow. You were really in a hurry when you wrote this half-ass recap, weren’t you?

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:15 AM on March 15, 2012

Wow, that was really rude. I was going to delete your comment, but instead I think everyone should know how rude you are. RUUUUDE.

Monica

Posted at 11:21 AM on March 15, 2012

Sorry.. I just think yours are better. You put effort into them.

steph

Posted at 11:45 PM on March 14, 2012

This episode was CRAZY!! I also loved seeing that Nathan and Dan kinda made up, and I will be so sad if Dan ends up dying next episode! Although, at the end of this one I thought he was dead until I saw next week’s previews, so that was relieving! So sad there’s only 3 episodes left!!

donna

Posted at 11:21 PM on March 14, 2012

This was one great episode!! I am glad to see that the relationship between Nathan and Dad is going to be restored, even though by seeing the preview for next week episode, it sounds like dan just may be dying. Thank goodness Xavier is going back to jail where he belongs and hopefully Tara does not turn into a major B-I-T-C-H. Especially after she has seen just how crazy dude was. Can’t wait for next!! I love One Tree Hill!!!