Jermaine Jones' 'American Idol' Elimination Was Televised

Wed, March 14, 2012 10:24pm EDT by 14 Comments
Jermaine Jones American Idol

The show revealed the emotional moment Jermaine was eliminated for lying about arrest warrants — do YOU think he should have been booted?

Jermaine Jones was kicked off of American Idol for concealing his previous arrests, and on the March 14 episode cameras caught his shocking dismissal!

Jermaine, 25, sat with two executive producers — including Nigel Lythgoe – who explained why they couldn’t have him on the show anymore.

“The fact is we are not allowed to have anybody that has an outstanding warrant on the program — and you have four of them against you,” one of the producers said.

Jermaine explained why he hid the allegations, saying he didn’t want his history to impact his opportunities on the show.

“I just was scared and nervous,” he said. “I didn’t want to get judged. I didn’t want to get penalized for anything that happened in the past.”

Do YOU think Jermaine was kicked off the show in order to boost ratings, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More ‘American Idol’:

1. Jermaine Jones Getting Kicked Off ‘American Idol’ For Hiding Previous Arrests
  2. Heejun Han: ‘American Idol’ Made ‘The American Dream’ Come True For My Family
  3. Demi Lovato Will Sing A Romantic Song On ‘American Idol’

Traveling with an Infant

Posted at 12:37 AM on April 26, 2012

naturally like your web site but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I will definitely come again again.

internet radio

Posted at 1:33 AM on April 1, 2012

I will right away clutch your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me realize so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

will

Posted at 4:15 PM on March 18, 2012

even though he was my favorite u should never lie 2 people idol had 2 do it cause he lied i do not blame them for it

LMT

Posted at 5:51 AM on March 18, 2012

jermaine should go try out on the voice its a much better show

jamie

Posted at 12:21 PM on March 17, 2012

Boost ratings? I will never watch American Idol again for this stunt!

Julia

Posted at 7:33 PM on March 15, 2012

Please bring him back! He is so sweet and kind,
and he’s had such a tough journey on Idol. His
voice is beautiful and I JUST LOVE HIM SOO MUCH<3
I am so heart broken to see him leave, please please
PLEASE! This can't be true :'(

katie

Posted at 6:10 PM on March 15, 2012

What a joke. Rember in the begining jermaine was during all that crying. I mean he was crying, Worry that he was not going to be pick. Well he wasn’t and randy when back and brought him back. Randy did it right the first time. Jermaine act soooo meek. I almost certain his mother knew too. How dumb is he. He did not know that policeman watch tv too. He was in a dream world. It is nobody fault but his. Moral of this story is clean your life up before you go on american idol. Dumber and Dumb show is what he should have tried out for.

ILYJermaine

Posted at 7:36 PM on March 15, 2012

No, he is not dumb, it’s just that he wanted to do something to his life and make it more positive by trying to follow his dreams of being a singer. Don’t say he was dumb :( I’m so sad to see him go.

Kathy

Posted at 10:43 PM on March 15, 2012

Katie needs to learn how to forgive !!!!

Nikole

Posted at 10:38 PM on March 14, 2012

He shouldve been honest on national tv forreal¡¡!!!!!!

Carolyn

Posted at 2:11 AM on March 15, 2012

GOD gives us many chances. His past should not be a part of his future. We’ve all made mistakes in life. Judge you not, lest you be judge. He is trying to make a better life for himself. Flesh got in the way. We all got a past. GOD says I know the plans I have for you plans of good and not evil.

cate

Posted at 3:50 AM on March 15, 2012

Carolyn is right…”we all got a past.” But the rules are the rules…I felt really really bad for Jermaine…

cali

Posted at 9:31 AM on March 15, 2012

You are partially correct; however these days rappers, many ofthem criminal in their behavior are being awarded with trophies in awards shows.
That is a cancer on society, when criminality is awarded.

Judy

Posted at 10:31 PM on March 14, 2012

Well…Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for
these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He
is almost 10 years older than I. We met via
~~–Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women
and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact
with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell
your friends :)