Jennie Garth & Peter Facinelli Went Through Intensive Counseling To Save Marriage

Wed, March 14, 2012 6:11pm EDT by 15 Comments
Jennie Garth Peter Facinelli

Even though the couple announced they are ending their 11-year-marriage, a source tells HollywoodLife.com that they really tried to work things out.

Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli did everything they could to keep their marriage alive. HollywoodLife.com spoke to a source close to the couple who reveals that they went through couple’s counseling in hopes to reconcile but it just didn’t work, adding that the couple are both “very upset.”

“They are very upset,” a source says. “Divorce isn’t easy, especially since they have three children together. They grew apart over time but they did go to counseling to try to work things out.”

We told you that Jennie, 39, was jealous of Peter’s, 38, skyrocketing career and that was the driving force behind the split.

“Jennie is jealous of Peter’s career and all the opportunities he got, thanks to Twilight,” a source close to the couple tells us. “He is the breadwinner now, but she used to be a bigger deal.”

Jennie Garth Thanks Fans For Support During Peter Facinelli Divorce

— Victoria Johnson

More Peter Facinelli News:

1. Have Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Been Separated For Months?
  2. Did Jennie Garth’s Jealousy Over Peter Facinelli’s ‘Twilight’ Fame Tear Them Apart?
  3. Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth’s Split Could Ruin Their Daughters’ Future Relationships, Expert Says

Donna from 90210

Posted at 1:27 PM on May 15, 2012

Jennie the only way to keep Pete is to strap a dildo on and bone him out from behind…..This guy is gay…he is finally coming to grips with it donchya know.

Ima Ahzzhole

Posted at 7:49 AM on May 14, 2012

Jenny move on!…..you knew when you married Peter he had been an escort in West Hollywood…..doing Men and Women,,,did you think he was going to stop….Pete is bisexual

Lein

Posted at 8:43 PM on May 13, 2012

Blaming Twilight? Look, I’m definitely not a huge fan but this is so bias. The movie, the job or whatsoever is suppose to be kept out of the way when discussing someone’s private and personal life. I’m sure who wrote this must have hated the saga, i don’t blame you for hating but seriously, what you did here is so immature!

Terri

Posted at 4:16 PM on May 13, 2012

I believe that if people really mind their own business, they wouldn’t have the time to be concerned about what others are doing. Also, some people only want to know other people business because they want to know if others life is as torn up as their own. Sad but oh so true.

Karen

Posted at 11:39 AM on May 13, 2012

Dear Jenny,

I am very sorry for the loss of your marriage. Please keep the faith, focus on your children and know that you are in my prayers.

Good things will come for your family.

jenng

Posted at 9:38 AM on May 13, 2012

Love is a choice…you chose to work it out…both of you…..I will be praying for you both.

Alvin p

Posted at 5:30 AM on May 13, 2012

Jennie,Don’t let this split up get the best of you. Always remember,give yourself sometime,your a pretty women and your childen are beautiful. stop trying to hard. set back and enjoy your family and friends.God bless you always,
Sincerely,Alvin

Jennifer M

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 12, 2012

There are often deeper issues in a marriage other than somebody’s career which slowly take a toll and build up over time. Sometimes it just doesn’t work despite all of the love and effort you put into it and despite the best intentions of both parties. Unltimately, you have to be true to you so you can continue to be the best you for your family. I don’t see them putting in all of the effort to try to save it just to split and then get back together on a whim. She’s one of the very, very few celebrities I admire because of her integrity. Jennie, your fans will be wishing you healing and positive blessings from afar. May you find peace for yourself and your family very soon! :)

Ruth Bjork

Posted at 11:50 PM on May 12, 2012

You two are acting like two year olds! My husband and I have been married 45 years. I made more $$$ than him for a long time an then it switched. OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT BASED ON MONEY OR WHO MAKES MORE OR LESS….UNLESS OF COURSE THAT IS YOUR BONE HEADED GOAL IN LIFE! Aahhh yes, HOLLYWOOD. Take your egos, both of you and put them where the sun doesn’t shine. We had fights, we had arguments, we even had the lawyers for the divorce. WE’RE still married because we worked it out…..together.

Jennifer M

Posted at 11:58 PM on May 12, 2012

If that were really true, I’m surprised you don’t have more sympathy for somebody going through the same pain you did.

ADSL

Posted at 8:29 AM on May 13, 2012

You go Ruth.!!! I feel the same way…many congrats to you and your hubby!! Hollywood needs to fade away!!!

MomPerson

Posted at 8:08 PM on May 12, 2012

Keeping in touch with your own and one another’s feelings is the only way to keep things going. Life changes, people change and a lot of tuck and roll is required to keep the ship from rolling over completely. Sometimes it’s more work than it’s worth. I’m sorry for your heartache, but try to keep busy working, filling your time with your children, friends, favorite activities, exercise and eating well. Your life is worth living, even without him. God Bless.

Theresa Triplett Glover

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 12, 2012

This is what I was talking about marriage don’t under what happen when you are still in love. I was married for 32 years know cheated on each other. But he said he fall out love when it says in Gods word that he has to love himself before he can love anyone else. So don’t blame yourself about the break up. I am learning this first hand myself.

Mary Parker

Posted at 1:12 PM on May 12, 2012

This makes my heart so sad. They ake such a beautiful couple, and although I haven’t seen their children yet I am sure they are beautiful. It is not just the aldults that are affected by separation/divorce. I pray for their reconcilation.

Mary Parker

Posted at 1:16 PM on May 12, 2012

I need to start checking things before I post. Mispelled adults. Also if Jennie wants to be very famous I have a great story for a movie and I am sure she could get huge awards for this movie idea. Hope she sees this. Praying for you and your strength Jennie. Check out my facebook. Let God be your guide.