Polish brand butter LONDON has created the perfect manicure inspired by the girl-on-fire look from ‘The Hunger Games’ — see the tutorial!
Jennifer Lawrence, as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, is known as the Girl on Fire after appearing in a charcoal black costume that goes on fire, spewing flames! Find out how to create a stunning manicure inspired by this daring look.
- Start with clean, dry nails. Swipe each nail with butter LONDON’s Powder Room Acetone-Free Lacquer Remover to ensure they are completely free from product or oils of any kind.
- Apply one thin coat of butter LONDON’s Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat to each nail.
- Apply one coat of butter LONDON’s Cheeky Chops nail lacquer. If you do not get full coverage after one coat, allow them to dry and apply a second coat. Wait for nails to dry.
- Apply a “blob” of butter LONDON’s Jaffa nail lacquer to the tip of your nail. To ensure the product does not dry before the next steps, complete Steps 4 and 5 before moving onto the next nail.
- Wipe your brush thoroughly before roughly dragging it up and down across the “blob” of Jaffa until you have achieved a messy, jagged pattern on the nail tip.
- Allow nails to dry and repeat Steps 4 and 5 using butter LONDON’s Come to Bed Red, Union Jack Black and West End Wonderland nail lacquer in a slightly shallower pattern with each colour to complete your ombré look.
- Always finish using butter LONDON’s Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat to seal and lock your look in place.