'X Factor' Finalist Chris Rene Releases New Single 'Young Homie' On iTunes

Tue, March 13, 2012 4:25pm EST by 21 Comments
Chris Rene single

He didn’t win ‘The X Factor’, but he is a winner to us! Listen to his new single ‘Young Homie’! We love it!

Chris Rene, 29, quickly became a fan favorite on The X Factor when he debuted his original song, “Young Homie,” during auditions week. Epic Records released a studio version of the phat track on March 13 on iTunes from his forthcoming debut album, and it’s hot!

We didn’t think it was possible, but we think the studio version of ‘Young Homie,’ which was produced by J.R. Rotem, is even better than the original!

Chris Rene @MrChrisRene: “MORNIN’ ALL! “Young Homie” is out today!! get it here and lets spread the word.. http://bit.ly/AaymTh #YOUNGHOMIE #livelifearmy” he tweeted.

What do YOU think of his new single, “Young Homie”?

–Giovanna Pagliarulo

Loading video...

Alyssa

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 18, 2012

you know something i really hate when people hate on someone. chris is really good so u guys need to leave him alone.

Toni

Posted at 8:04 AM on May 15, 2012

MrsRN, from one RN to another…stay outta the med cart girl cause you’re all kinda of crazy!! Everyone has an opinion but to say he sucks donkey balls? His “sob” story is a struggle a lot of people face everyday and kudos to him for cleaning up, becoming an inspiration to others and sharing his AMAZING voice with the world! He’s got rhythm and harmony that sinks right into your soul and make you smile! Keep the music flowing Chris because you definitely were born to sing :)

MrsRN

Posted at 2:35 AM on April 25, 2012

DUDE!!!! You SUCK DONKEY BALLS!!!!!! I’m sorry but someone needs to tell you the truth… The only reason people listened / supported you was because of your sob story..don’t get me wrong… Kudos to your changing your life but that’s no cause for you to ruin others with what you consider to be( some alien form of) music!!!!!! Keep your head up and nose clean … Oh and hands OFF !!!!!!!!! The mike!!!!!!!!!

Noemi

Posted at 6:48 AM on April 22, 2012

I bought it from iTunes yeeeheeey!!! But when will it be out in the market like walmart for the whole album?? It’s really inspiring song. Cant wait to buy the CD too.

niki

Posted at 7:04 AM on April 21, 2012

Best song to date! Been a fan since day 1! Congrats on coming so far! Its amazing how having a child can motivate a person to do amazing things. Keep up your greatness & good luck to you & your son in the future!

paula

Posted at 12:13 PM on April 12, 2012

Chris loved you and your music first time I heard you. Your words say alot, and im 50 years young. Much happiness and success. So happy for you.

DIANA SLATTEN-BOOTH

Posted at 9:09 AM on April 6, 2012

CHRIS U WAS MY GUY FROM THE MOMENT U OPENED UR MOUTH…U JUST HAVE THAT STYLE………..EVERYONE HAS A LOW POINT IN THEIR LIFE UR ADDICTION TOOK U THERE………….AND SOME MAKE IT TO THEIR HIGH POINTS………URS IS UR MUSIC AND THAT SWEET VOICE GOD GAVE U…………IM GLAD U CHOSE UR VOICE OVER UR ADDICTION………….NEVER LOSE SIGHT……..I WILL ALWAYS BE WAITING FOR MORE FROM YOU……….LET ME HEAR WHAT U GOT………IM A TRUE BELIEVER IN………………..CHRIS RENE…………..

Luz

Posted at 4:55 AM on March 18, 2012

All of the top 5 were good singers but I did not think any one of them could top Chris Rene. I knew that they had good voices but the stand out from the group was Chris Rene! He was so sweet and the songs were meaningful and wonderfully written,the tempo was right on.Chris could write a song,put words to it, play the guitar and the piano.Chris is very talented.Chris appeals to a wide margin of people of different ages.Melanie and Josh had good voices but they lacked charisma and the ability to mesmerize the crowds.I picked Chris from the start.

Shauna

Posted at 3:03 AM on March 17, 2012

Chris, u r amazing and I wish u had won, but I know GOD will bless you in many other ways! I run to your song every day and it helps me believe my step children will find a way to be clean and find a way! I hope some day they hear your song and get it onnnnn! Thank you, you are an inspiration to people who need to find a way, GOD BLESS!!

Jessica Howard

Posted at 7:35 PM on March 14, 2012

Wow! Im excited for you n ur son! If anyone diserved it its definately u! We were recently at my daughters bday party at our local skating rink n to my ears surprise ur song was the first song they played!! I was setting up n just singin along when all of of a sudden I realized omgness! Thats Chris Rene! My friend was like I thought u were having a spasm lol!!!! Anyway I havent even heard bout anything bout Melody n here u have a ur own album!Congrats Chris!! Take care of ur son n stay true to wat u believe n as long as ur music is anything like Young Homie ill b listening. Believe……….

Jay

Posted at 5:09 AM on March 14, 2012

What can I say that hasn’t been said here yet? love the song, love the artist can’t wait for the CD

joanna

Posted at 1:20 AM on March 14, 2012

I LOVE THIS SONG AND CHRIS RENE SINCE I FIRST SAW HIM ON XFACTOR HE IS GONNA TAKE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!!!

Katie

Posted at 9:14 PM on March 13, 2012

I love this song he should make more songs

Megan

Posted at 9:08 PM on March 13, 2012

Love him! This song has been on repeat on my kindle ever since I bought it. Best thing is, this song was released on my birthday! What an awesome present! Lol

MizzAla

Posted at 8:58 PM on March 13, 2012

this guy is amazing!!!!! Love his work and his feel for music

Laurie Clark

Posted at 7:38 PM on March 13, 2012

I LOVE Young Homie and Chris Rene!! Greatest song ever! Plugged the ipod into the car radio today and blasted it over and over with a constant smile on my face. :D

Mikey

Posted at 7:31 PM on March 13, 2012

Love it! Just bought it off itunes! Hope it does well for him!

LSH

Posted at 7:24 PM on March 13, 2012

Just don’t get tired of this – such a great beat & lyrics, infectious & so inspiring! Congratulations Mr. Chris Rene – you are so talented!

charlotte macke

Posted at 7:16 PM on March 13, 2012

Chris Rene has that “something special” that is rare in performers. I love “Young Homie” and I can’t wait until the album and video are released ! I rate Chris a number 1 star and Young Homie a number one hit !

EtoYa

Posted at 6:32 PM on March 13, 2012

Love Love Love ‘Young Homie’ Great song! Chris’s Young Homie managed to achive the impossible: Deliver a powerful positive message in a cool, swag way. Brings smile to my face every time I listen to it! He is a true inspiration to many!

kevin

Posted at 6:09 PM on March 13, 2012

I thought this song was banging when I first heard it on the show but today I was at work and it came on the radio and it brought a huge smile to my face. I love the flow and words, its good to see someone turn their life around. I hope he has much success in the future…