'Bachelor' Reject Lindzi Cox: Why I'm 'Happy' Ben Flajnik Chose Courtney Robertson

Tue, March 13, 2012 4:21am EST by 18 Comments
Bachelor Lindzi Cox

After skipping the official ‘After the Rose’ show, Ben Flajnik’s runner-up went on Jimmy Kimmel to dish about her relationship with Ben, why you shouldn’t feel sad for her and how she dreams of being the next Bachelorette!

After the finale of The Bachelor, we felt pity for Lindzi Cox, who told Ben Flajnik to “call her” if his relationship with Courtney Robertson didn’t work out. However, time heals all, and now the reality TV reject is doing better than ever — which was apparent during her first post-Bachelor interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 13.

“I think in the moment, obviously, you’re like getting off this helicopter in Switzerland and you’re maybe going to get engaged to or maybe you’re going to get dumped,” the newly brunette Lindzi said, remembering her time on ABC’s hit reality show. “In hindsight, he made his decision and I’m in a really good place. I’m happy with how it ended up. I respect it.”

The Seattle native also admitted she never hated cunning Courtney (“I didn’t dislike her”) but also said she “never saw that [evil] side of Courtney.”

“We weren’t friends, but we were cool,” she explained. “It was a good ending. I’m happy for them. I’m happy for me. I don’t wish ill for them. I wish the best for them. Ben’s a nice guy.”

Lindzi couldn’t help but add, “…Maybe he [led me on] a little bit.”

When Jimmy pushed Lindzi about being the next Bachelorette after Emily Maynard, she didn’t seem unenthused by the idea. “I think I would like to have all those options though,” she said, smiling, “How fun would it be to have all these roses?”

Do YOU think Lindzi would make a good Bachelorette? Do you feel bad for her, or do you think she’s better off without Ben? Sound off below!

More ‘Bachelor’ News

1. Did Ben Flajnik Fall In Love With Courtney Robertson At First Sight?
  2. Courtney Robertson’s 10 Most Shocking Moments On ‘The Bachelor’
  3. Ben Flajnik’s Shocking Confession: Courtney Robertson Hurt Me On ‘The Bachelor’

Steffen

Posted at 10:51 AM on March 14, 2012

Lindzi to sooo better off without Ben. If you look back at all of the interviews with Ben during the show, he had the same expressionless face that Courtney had been displaying. Lindzi deserves someone that is as cheerful and smiley as her. Ben is clearly as drab and emotionless as his pick and they deserve to be happily missal together.

Lindzi, I would love to court you; just not in a room of twenty-four tesseral driven back stabbing boys.

Steffen
Green Bay, WI.

Dan

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 13, 2012

Are you serious ? Lindzi is an amazing gal !

Frank Casilio

Posted at 10:25 PM on March 13, 2012

I think Lindzi is the sweetest girl I’ve seen so far, and Ben was very naive not to have picked her for his wife.
I would not have hesitated, in a heart beat, to have picked her myself. She is true blue. A real beauty. How could he not have seen that.
Frank
Inverness, FL.

Joyce

Posted at 9:35 PM on March 13, 2012

Emily from this season is my choice for the next bachelorette. She is beautiful and smart.

Mdm

Posted at 9:11 PM on March 13, 2012

NO, Lindzi would not make a good bachelorette because we need to watch someone worthwhile.she’s not good-looking enough

Denise

Posted at 9:13 PM on March 13, 2012

Agree, Emily will be a much better choice!

Amy

Posted at 7:15 PM on March 13, 2012

I would like to see Emily O’Brien from Ben’s season as the next Bachelorette. She’s hilarious and super smart. Lindzi would be my second choice. I like her, but I don’t know if someone so drama-free would make for an entertaining season. She should date Ryan Park. I also like Kacie B., but she’s too childlike and the show has had enough simple, ultra-conservative Southerners. I’d rather watch a Bachelorette who is more sophisticated. Kacie should date Lucas from Ashley’s season.

Lauri

Posted at 5:43 PM on March 13, 2012

Make Rush Limbaugh the next bachelor! Va va vooom!

Sande

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 13, 2012

No, Lindzi should just go on with her life and forget about dragging out her bachelor/bachelorette saga. I agree that the show should feature new people.

Linda

Posted at 5:11 PM on March 13, 2012

I’m dreading 6-8 weeks of Emily Maynard. So anyone after her is fine with me. There were lots of really nice gals on Brad’s season. It’s just too bad he choose the phoniest one. Hopefully, he can deal with it.

Nanny38053

Posted at 9:17 PM on March 15, 2012

I so agree 6-8 weeks of Emily would be too much. I did not like her in Brad’s season and I certainly will NOT watch her in the Bachelorette. I’ll hold out for Lindzi.

Karyn

Posted at 6:31 PM on March 17, 2012

I’m not looking forward to Emily either. Maybe she’ll surprise us and show a livelier, warmer personality then last time. She seems nice, though I obviously don’t know her, but is too reserved and uptight to be the Bachelorette.

Emily O’Brien would be a firecracker! She has it all….intelligence, looks, personality, humor.

Judy

Posted at 2:29 PM on March 13, 2012

I agree Lindzi”s voice is grating to the ears, I found her a bit ‘over the top’ with her “exuberance” that always comes off as phony to me. I too think you should have new people on each season if you are to continue.

debacle

Posted at 12:51 PM on March 13, 2012

I agree with lolanyc that Lindzi’s voice is creaky and therefore not especially pleasant to listen to. However I disagree about most of her other comments. Kaci B. from this season’s “The Bachelor” should be the next bachelorette (after Emily Maynard, that is.) Also, if I were were young & single, I’d love to be on the show Even if you don’t find love, the trips would be awesome!

lolanyc

Posted at 9:54 AM on March 13, 2012

I CANT listen to lindsey talk!!!! That stupid creaky voice of hers!!!! PLEASE use new people!!!! Im so sick of the rejects getting their own shot. You’re rejected for a reason! GO HOME! End it! anyone who goes on this show has a screw loose. Ben is ugly. Period. All these girls throwing themselves at him? I dont see it! The only smart girl was the one that left on her own! Shes like I dont like him! She should be the bachelorette! She didnt sell herself on TV! The rest were trying to win the game get free trips get famous… see themselves on TV and US Weekly… THIS SHOW IS FAKE!

Snookie

Posted at 9:37 AM on March 13, 2012

Why can’t ABC start fresh with NEW PEOPLE? Reject after reject, and how many of the couples actually stay together? 1 out of how many? Start FRESH and give the viewers something better than last shows reject. Lindze is adorable, but she doesn’t need a TV Reality show to find the love of her life…none of them do, doesn’t it all boil down to $$ if anyone wanted to be honest…it’s just entertainment. That’s all.

maggie

Posted at 4:51 AM on March 13, 2012

Emily from this season should be the next bachelrette after Emily Maynord.

maggie

Posted at 4:51 AM on March 13, 2012

Emily from this season should be the next bachelrette after Emily Maynord.