'The Voice': Juliet Simms Blasts Competition As Most Unique Artist With All The Bells & Whistles

Tue, March 13, 2012 10:01am EDT by 10 Comments
The Voice Juliet Simms

Forget the hype about Jamar Rogers. If you’re looking for an artist who’s the real deal and doesn’t need a lot of polishing, rocker chick Juliet Simms is perfectly packaged and ready to go.

Surprised by my pick? Out of all the winners on last night’s Voice Battle Rounds, 26-year-old Juliet Simms stuck out to me as the most believable artist who knows exactly who she is and where she wants to go with her gravelly busting vocals.

Juliet rocked out Rod Stewart‘s “Stay With Me” with her rusty, Steven Tyler-ish chords — all the girl was missing were bell bottoms and a peace sign. I like her for the fact she isn’t your generic pop artist, which is a category I think some of the other contestants could easily fall under. I mean, come on, as much as Jamar Rogers and Kim Yarbrough can impressively belt out some big notes, there’s still a generic quality to their voices compared to contestants like Juliet, who’s got a unique texture to her voice and a boho chic look that solidifies her persona. She doesn’t need to be molded into an image; she simply is what she projects. And I dig that.

Out of the winners from last night, who do you think stands out as an authentic artist?

More ‘Voice’ News:

1. Christina Aguilera Nearly Spills Out Of Her Top On ‘The Voice’
  2. ‘The Voice’ Battle Round Two: Jamar Rogers Defeats Best Friend Jamie Lono
  3. ‘The Voice’ Finalists Jamar Rogers & Jamie Lono: It ‘Sucks’ We Have To Battle

roaster ovens discount

Posted at 10:38 PM on May 9, 2012

I feel this is one of the so much significant info for me. And i am happy reading your article. But should statement on some normal issues, The website style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Just right task, cheers

Kate emery

Posted at 7:16 PM on April 28, 2012

On tv’s Rockstar Supernova Dilana blew competitors away. Juliette reminds me of her. Two outstanding fierce talents. You’d think only one artist this talented & unique could happen in a lifetime. Both great and both sing the hell put of Roxanne!

Curt

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 31, 2012

Even better than Juliet covering a Rod Stewart song would be her covering any and all Janis Joplin songs, including “Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)”, Get It While You Can, Piece of My Hear, any song with Baby in the title. I want to buy them now!

Fan

Posted at 1:57 PM on March 15, 2012

So excited to see what Juliet will be singing in the future. She really is a versatile artist, anyone who has listened to her music for years can attest to that. I just hope that The Voice starts to showcase that!

Michele coccagna

Posted at 11:08 PM on March 13, 2012

I agree with every word i have seen juliette with her band automatic loveletter both acoustic and plugged in and she has so much more to show us can’t wait

Priscilla

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 13, 2012

All of us who are BVB fans need to vote for her like we vote for the boys….non stop until we cant anymore….shes an AWESOME girl who should deff win the whole thing

Amy

Posted at 9:23 PM on March 13, 2012

I knew of Juliet before the voice and Andy i knew her in Automatic Loveletter although i do love her one the voice and her and Andy and Black Veil Brides but i love her no matter what!!!

Amanda

Posted at 10:01 PM on March 13, 2012

Me too!!! She’s been my favorite singer for years… so happy to see her continuing her success as an artist… GO JULES!

Ghost

Posted at 9:16 PM on March 13, 2012

I totally agree. I’m not knocking any of the other artists, some of whom are obviously greatly talented, but Juliet is the real deal, and I hope The Voice lets her shine. She doesn’t seem to need much polishing; she’s already got the chops, the look, and the sincerity, that worldly tone Cee-Lo mentioned at the start. I love her, and I’m looking forward to seeing her in the live shows. :)

rob

Posted at 10:54 AM on March 13, 2012

great choice! i couldn’t agree more. Shes been in a band called Automatic Loveletter which is great as well!