Jermaine Jones Getting Kicked Off 'American Idol' For Hiding Previous Arrests

Tue, March 13, 2012 11:02pm EST by 18 Comments
Jermaine Jones American Idol

Jermaine Jones (aka ‘The Gentle Giant’) isn’t so gentle! He hid two prior arrests from producers and is now going to be disqualified from ‘American Idol,’ TMZ is reporting.

Jermaine Jones seems like a sweet, soft spoken guy, but it turns out he’s had some unfortunate run ins with the law that will lead to his elimination from American Idol.

TMZ reports the 25-year-old singer and vocal coach was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants. In fact, one of his arrests was due to violence!

That said, we have to wonder if producers weren’t more upset with the fact Jermaine allegedly lied about being abandoned by his father 10 years ago, when, in fact, his dad has a relationship with him.

When HollywoodLife.com reached out to American Idol reps, they had “no comment.”

Jermaine will have one final appearance tomorrow, but will be ousted after that. Will YOU miss him? Sound off below!

More ‘American Idol’ News

1. Ryan Seacrest Being Replaced By Neil Patrick Harris On ‘American Idol’?
  2. Will Ryan Seacrest Be Fired From ‘American Idol?’
  3. Scotty McCreery Is Youngest Guy To Ever Debut At The Top Of The All-Genre Charts With His First Album!

Shelby

Posted at 11:19 PM on March 14, 2012

It is his fault he shouldnt have sign up he is very stupid and sucks now

Skylar

Posted at 9:09 PM on March 14, 2012

I thought he sucked and this just goes to show:
What goes around comes around.

Ashley

Posted at 8:11 PM on March 14, 2012

Wow I bet you he had one American Idol and I really did like him until I found out that he got arrested.

Denise

Posted at 1:10 PM on March 14, 2012

I 100% agree with Jen!BACKGROUND CHECKS!!!!!He has warrants out for his arrest for violence?!! Absolutely should be kicked off “IDOL”.They should turn him in.He was not that great anyway in my opinion.Wouldn’t have lasted long anyhow!

Jen

Posted at 11:34 AM on March 14, 2012

I think before the auditions before American Idol Season twelve, applicants should file out an application so a background check is done ahead of time, so they can be contacted if they are eligible to be in the competition.

It would be fair.

Sherry

Posted at 6:47 PM on March 14, 2012

I agree with Jen. Background checks should be done ahead. This is a potential career & should be handled as such. Jermain was a “goober” anyway — very slow to answer questions & not very professional to be America’s Idol. I won’t miss him at all!

Shelby

Posted at 11:22 PM on March 14, 2012

I say the same

Jen

Posted at 11:21 AM on March 14, 2012

I don’t think he should be kicked off the show. So, if he is off the show then what about when we vote tonight.

Being that he is already eliminated, then what about tonight’s vote.

LHP

Posted at 9:15 AM on March 14, 2012

I was initially upset for him not getting a chance to turn his life around, but in order to sincerely get a “fresh start”, one must deal with their past, not run and hide from it, and lie about it. Jermaine has great talent, but to be a true “Idol”, he has to face his mistakes, prove to others that he can be someone to look up to, instead of being a poster boy for lying and denying. He can backtrack and try to say he didn’t say anything about his dad abandoning him, but I remember him implying that, that is the reason I teared up when he sang about dancing with his father again…now I feel like I’d been tricked and my emotions were played by a liar. I’m praying for this guy to get himself straight, and come back with a powerful message of TRUE triumph!!

karla delara

Posted at 7:44 AM on March 14, 2012

Who cares what he has done in his past. Look at what 99% of celebrities have done and or are doing. If he needs to go then we need to get rid of all the celebrities out there that have ever done something to get in trouble with the law. Come on Steven Tyler you know what I’m talking about, stand up for him. I know you’ve been in trouble, but I still love you.

JCP

Posted at 7:09 AM on March 14, 2012

It’s ok for a celebrity to do drugs, get arrested etc…but it’s not ok for someone who is trying to start in this business to get a second chance. Wow!

M

Posted at 3:11 AM on March 14, 2012

I can’t believe he’s getting disqualified for something he did in the past!!!
He has an awesome voice, which I love… I think he should stay…
I think American idol should give him a chance, this could better him as a person….

Diane Kearney

Posted at 8:11 AM on March 14, 2012

I agree. This could be the experience that helps him get right back on track. He probably concealed it due to fear.

A.J

Posted at 1:12 AM on March 14, 2012

Well…Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for

these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He

is almost 10 years older than I. We met via

~~–Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women

and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact

with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell

your friends :)

rlm

Posted at 12:06 AM on March 14, 2012

what does his past have to dom with his singing ability? i mean really…isn’t that why they call it the past…you can’t change it and it doesn’t change the fact that he is a great singer!!!!

Denise

Posted at 1:16 PM on March 14, 2012

For one thing it’s not the past!He has arrest warrants out currently right now!!!A great singer?!Really?!! I think not.

ana

Posted at 11:21 PM on March 13, 2012

give him a chance to change his life….

M.R.V.

Posted at 6:42 AM on March 14, 2012

It would be one thing if this was years in his past and not simply months …
IF the facts in the article are correct then singing aside:
1. The crimes were done last year, so he is probably on probation, which means he has restictions and a parole officer he needs to check in with.
2. He has outstanding warrents … not AI fault … but they can’t harbor a “criminal”.
3. Change is good, giving someone the chance to make changes is good … but he obviously isn’t wanting to make postitive changes by breaking parole, conducting himself in such a way that he is again a wanted man and then lying to all producers and all America about all this to get on AI.
To recent, he still is “playing” people and he needs to take care of that first.