As Evil As Courtney Robertson Is, She Deserves Better Than Ben Flajnik

Tue, March 13, 2012 11:07am EST by 13 Comments

Courtney was incredibly mean to the other girls in the house, but that doesn’t mean she deserves a jerk like Ben! She needs to dump him now.

Courtney Robertson needs to wake up! This Bachelor “fairytale” has literally turned into a nightmare for her, but she can still get out before it’s too late — before she says ‘I do.’

Courtney Robertson, 28, was undoubtedly the most disliked woman on season 16 of the Bachelor with Ben Flajnik. She pretty much asked for America to hate her when she said on national TV that she wanted to “verbally assault” another contestant. Who actually says that?

Sorry to be harsh Courtney, but your outrageous actions in the house definitely warranted the unfortunate backlash that followed. But despite her poor attitude, manipulative ways and dishonesty — I still thinks she deserves somebody better than Ben as her husband. Ben absolutely does NOT seem to be ready to commit to marriage and to monogamy, in fact. Why else would he have dumped her already and PDA-ed with other women? Am I right or am I RIGHT!?

It’s a HUGE red flag that in a time when Courtney was thrown into the lions den, Ben was the one to lock the door and watch her burn.In case you’re not up to speed, Ben revealed on the Bachelor After The Rose Ceremony  on March 12 that he  and Courtney broke up in February because of all the negativity surrounding their relationship. Really Ben?

Yes, I can understand Ben’s point of view. The nice, sweet, beautiful girl he fell in love with had a devious side to her when he wasn’t around. He felt disappointed in Courtney after seeing how she really acted towards the other girls when he wasn’t looking. She was cruel and quite frankly, crazy.

But how did Ben, being the reality TV veteran he is, not think that maybe, just maybe, the producers edited the episodes a specific way to make her appear more awful than she actually was?

This is reality TV after all and the producers and editors know what viewers will want to watch.

The reality here is that in a time when America turned against Courtney and tore her to shreds, Ben jumped on the bandwagon and dumped her too. If he couldn’t stand by her through those difficulties then how will he be a rock when the real adversities that life dishes up occur in their future life?

It doesn’t sound like a man I’d like to marry. If this is an indication of how he will act when they are really married, their marriage is doomed. If he really loved her “unconditionally” he would have stuck with her through those difficult times and not stepped out to flirt with other women.

Courtney admitted after the finale that she has her doubts about Ben and she should! But she should just do herself a favor now and give back her second engagement ring.

No matter how imperfect she is, no woman deserves a man who will just get up and leave when times get rough.

Courtney — please win America back by abandoning Ben, like he abandoned you, and finding a guy with better hair and way better values!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Courtney deserves better than Ben? Vote and weigh in below.

– Nicole Karlis

More ‘Bachelor’ News

1. ‘Bachelor’ Reject Lindzi Cox: Why I’m ‘Happy’ Ben Flajnik Chose Courtney Robertson
  2. ‘Bachelor’ Reject Lindzi Is The Ultimate Doormat For Saying ‘If Things Don’t Work Out, Call Me’
  3. ‘The Bachelor’ Finale Recap: Ben Flajnik & Courtney Robertson Get Engaged

BBB

Posted at 11:12 AM on March 14, 2012

Man, I agree with this. I couldn’t/can’t stand Courtney. But true, for him to dump her over tabloid reports is a big red flag for her.

She needs to run from this guy.

It would have been one thing for him to say, wow, she’s not the woman for me after all. I have to end this.

But dump her because the waters were rough, then take her back on live tv…he’s not reliable. He’ll be out of there after the first fight, then back a week later saying he’s sorry. If Courtney wants a man who isn’t going to be there for her, who runs away at every bump in the road.

RUN COURTNEY!

mb

Posted at 7:03 PM on March 13, 2012

Agree w/Bev….She behaved inappropriately and when he found out and did the logical thing…distance himself and regroup…the focus gets off her who created the issue and now becoms his issue…gosh that’s good! She should have said he had every right to do that and if I have trust issues perhaps I need to revisit why people leave me

Bev

Posted at 4:11 PM on March 13, 2012

He was lied to by her. He should have dumped her and ran. She was the total cause of all her drama. Why should he stand by her after all she did? She is not a nice person, and he saw that. What was wrong was for him to take her back.

NH

Posted at 2:25 PM on March 13, 2012

I think I was the only person in the world last night that was happy she won. I think people have jumped on the bandwagon and are enjoying the bonding experience of dumping on her. I wish them well, and want nothing more than to see them come through this BS and thrive as a couple. So she had attitude? At least she was never fake. Just because she said out loud what she thought does not make her a bad person. We all think horrible, mean things sometimes.

IsTheLightStillOn?

Posted at 2:16 PM on March 13, 2012

The premise of this show is entirely flawed,to begin with. They exploit their own participants to make millions, and yes, a few of them have benefited but most have suffered.
Then throw in people’s psychological problems, unresolved…and well, it’s amazing ANYONE stays together.

Think about it. You are courting this person who you have one perception of, clouded by “love” (not rational) and then you watch the show and the person is chasing people around with an ax!! I mean, of course Ben had to deal with the new version of reality and decide if she really is a monster or just is bad being in the public light (but a model should be able to handle this no?). I am taking Ben’s side on this. She pulled a bait and switch on him…she was manipulative, not genuine, she rationalizes her behavior. I think if they really want to make it work, get out of the circus (congratulations) then possibly see a counselor. Something is wrong with a show that traumatizes people. This show traumatizes people. Makes you wonder if the people who do it are sado-masochists.

mimi tholsted

Posted at 1:09 PM on March 13, 2012

Lets see how it goes now – when they are alone on the vineyard ….she is maybe boring to be with no action there …..who knows…..it will not be easy Ben but you choosed!!!

SitheLightStillon?

Posted at 2:18 PM on March 13, 2012

Good point. She may be boring as hell now and Ben is bored.

Oy.

Change the platform of the show is my advice or cancel. We are not watching it anymore.

cindy brown

Posted at 12:36 PM on March 13, 2012

We definitely all have our opinions, depending on how you view the situation. I think that Courtney lied to Ben over and over telling him how awful the other girls were to her, yet she was the one provoking the drama. If I were Ben, I would’ve ditched her too, when I saw the real Courtney. I think she has two personalities… and she is definitely weird. She doesn’t like it when she isn’t the center of attention, and let’s face it, she wasn’t in this situation. Ben, on the other hand, can’t get beyond her looks. She is a knock out for sure.. but marriage is hard work, and I don’t think Courtney thinks of anyone but herself. It will not last.

kathy-n-zona

Posted at 1:06 PM on March 13, 2012

Editing……………how do you edit what she said. If anything they probably cut out half of the horrible things she said that was in her favor. I don’t blame Ben either, she was a totally different person than what he knew. I dont think he should appologize – if she had not been so horrible, this would not have happened – right? That makes it her own fault for being devious.

anon

Posted at 11:39 AM on March 13, 2012

Sorry, Nicole, but producers wouldn’t have had any material to work with if Courtney hadn’t said and done all that stuff. Sure, they focused a lot on her and she got a lot of airtime, but if she hadn’t said and done everything she did, they wouldn’t have had anything to focus on. Courtney’s not a victim of a “bad edit” here. You should feel bad for someone who actually deserves it, like all the other girls in the house who had to put up with her. And Courtney and Ben totally deserve each other.

marlana

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 13, 2012

Ben and Courtney deserve privacy and a true shot at making things work. Courtney is beautiful,sweet and sincere. The other girls in the house for the most part are ridiculous. I have watched every season of the bachelor and bachelorette since it started. Courtney has done nothing that stands out and evil or contrived to anyone. The girls in this season were the most vicious jealous girls to date. Look what they did to Shawntel.She was attacked and insulted for nothing as well.It is clear as day why Ben picked Courtney. They have a connection that was visible to all the girls. They never stood a chance and they all knew it. Best of luck Ben and Courtney!

Annie

Posted at 12:46 PM on March 13, 2012

I agree with everything you said Marlana. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

SKae

Posted at 8:08 PM on March 13, 2012

Keeping in mind it was reality TV, Courtney acted like an immature teenager with her snotty remarks to the other girls – and to tell Emily to shove her apology (or words to that effect) makes me definitely question her maturity and insecurity. From all appearances she was never honest with Ben throughout the season. Reminds me of the bad, pretty girls in high school who were so popular but got pregnant and now weigh 300 lbs and are divorced. Just my opinion.