'The Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Is Elena Turning Into A Vampire?

Mon, March 12, 2012 2:07pm EDT by 27 Comments

brianna

Posted at 1:09 AM on January 3, 2013

Damon is so hot I wish he could turn me but I live so far away is there something to bring me there to him or to Stephen I hope there is I love you Damon

Vampiregirl

Posted at 2:42 PM on May 4, 2012

I Really Think That Elena Should Become A Vampire Because She Always In Danger That Way She Can Protect The People She cares About

eva jamal

Posted at 5:51 AM on March 20, 2012

Rocks

sara wayne patience

Posted at 1:21 PM on March 19, 2012

She’s always being protected, no reasons for her becoming avampire

JJ

Posted at 6:55 PM on March 16, 2012

Elena should become a vampire!
She’s always in trouble n trying to get killed!
So it’s mainly up to the produces n stuff………

amy

Posted at 8:51 AM on March 16, 2012

yes i want elena to become a vampire but not now or else the
show will end too soon!!!!!!
where’s katherine anyway?

aya karim

Posted at 4:56 PM on March 14, 2012

is klaus and caroline over???!

tania

Posted at 1:50 PM on March 13, 2012

It would be good if Elena became a vampire, but I think the main reason she hasn’t is because she won’t be able to have children,and we probably can’t expect the writers to introduce a Twilight type scenario where she has a human/vampire ‘hybrid’child or has a tryst with Matt or something, then becomes vampire, unless she’s willing to give up that right. On the other hand, as mentioned below, it does mean she’ll always be physically weaker, always in danger and always need saving and probably be dead before she gets too old for either Stefan or Damon,(or Elijah, for that matter) and I’m rambling

Mina

Posted at 11:11 AM on March 13, 2012

No that will mean the series is over!!!!

Clare

Posted at 5:55 PM on March 12, 2012

JUST NO! Too soon.

Kaola

Posted at 3:26 PM on March 12, 2012

No. It doesn’t really fit the character. Her being a vampire doesn’t give her that vulnerability !!

Angel

Posted at 3:16 PM on March 12, 2012

No! That’s why we have Katherine!

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 12, 2012

Exaaaaaactly!

ianinathebest

Posted at 2:47 PM on March 12, 2012

No!No!No!

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:15 PM on March 12, 2012

Agreed :)

Anon

Posted at 2:38 PM on March 12, 2012

I have been predicting since the premiere of Season 3 that Elena might get turned by the end of the season and I still stick to it until I’m proven wrong. Of course, I’m not just predicting it just for prediction’s sake, but it’s just things I have been picking up this season that lead me to believe so.

1. Elena’s humanity. There have been numerous mentions of “Elena you’re human” type quotes throughout the season. For instance Caroline said to her earlier, “It just means you’re human,” or Alaric telling Elena, “Ha! Proof you’re still human.” Things like that always seem like a subtle foreshadowing.

2. Elena is weak this season. Elena has constantly been in danger, and even though she always is, this season in particular seems to really push the whole “Elena needs saving, because she can’t protect herself” type of thing. The latest episode to air “All My Children” sort of displayed that even more.

3. Elena has begun to develop a more Katherine-esque sort of personality at times when she’s had to do things she wouldn’t normally do (i.e. Surprisingly stab Rebekah in the back…literally). It could just be a leading way for a bigger change to Elena if she were to become a vampire later on.

4. Elena is the cause of everyone’s problems. Bonnie’s mom becoming a vampire, Tyler turning into a Hybrid, Caroline becoming a vampire in Season 2, and the list just goes on. Specifically, it’s Elena’s human blood that Klaus needs and that can be a big problem as we’ve seen, not to mention, if people are plotting against Klaus then Elena is also the biggest target as we’ve also seen. Point is, Elena as a human is causing a lot of problems this season.

With with everything I mentioned above, it only leads me to believe even more that Elena being turned as a big season finale cliffhanger is very possible. We’d be going into our 4th season with Elena either turned or going into transition and that is a HUGE game changer to the plot of the show. Not to mention, it can become a big change for the love triangle considering her emotions will be heightened.

Also, Katherine has become more of a “Fake Out” type plot device that it has become tiring and with her being gone so long with no specific return date, Elena being turned wouldn’t be so bad in my opinion. But, we’ll see!!

On a side note, I’m also predicting that this serial killer is a ghost (I have reasons for that too), but I guess I’ll find out if I’m right this Thursday.

PS- So very exciting for Thursday’s new episodes of TVD and The Secret Circle!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:24 PM on March 12, 2012

You get the gold star for analysis, my friend. Those are some pretty solid points.

As for the serial killer, if it’s not Meredith, I’m kind of thinking it’s doppelganger #3

Rayauna

Posted at 11:52 PM on March 12, 2012

I think your right about the original doppelgänger or patrova, if you will. I believe that she might still be around seeing that they brought up some information about her in the last episode. Also I believe that she is doing the killing because they found Elena’s finger prints on one of the weapons that was used to kill that doctor with and unless it’s kathrine thats going on the killing spree, then I think it’s the original patrova. Could be wrong, but it’s the best guess so far.

Polly

Posted at 2:32 PM on March 12, 2012

Maybe Damon will be a human:)

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:32 PM on March 12, 2012

Haha, keep dreaming :)

Polly

Posted at 3:53 PM on March 12, 2012

As in the book:)

TVDLove

Posted at 2:31 PM on March 12, 2012

I don’t think I would like Elena as a vampire. She never wanted to be one too. It would be nice if Stefan became human and that he and Elena lived happily ever after.

Maxi

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 12, 2012

Damon!And wedding, children…:)

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:32 PM on March 12, 2012

Vampires can’t have babies, silly. ;)

Maxi

Posted at 3:58 PM on March 12, 2012

Damon became human!

Fernanda

Posted at 2:27 PM on March 12, 2012

“Plus, isn’t it enough that we have Stefan (Paul Wesley) angst-ing out about his bloodlust every week? We don’t need to multiply that by two.”

YOU IS TEAM DAMON? STOP TALKING, Bitch