American Woman Abandons Adopted 1-Year-Old Twins On Russian Street

Mon, March 12, 2012 5:14pm EDT by 8 Comments
Russian Twins Adopted

This isn’t the first time an American mother has returned her adopted Russian child! So shocking.

An unidentified American woman adopted 15-month-old twins Sasha and Masha, but cruelly left them abandoned on a Russian street in sub-zero temperatures with only a note to say she didn’t want them anymore, according to The Daily Mail!

“She decided to abandon the twins,” St. Petersburg’s children’s ombudsman Svetlana Agapitova says. “Moreover, she opted not to do this in person.”

The twins are now being cared for at a children’s hospital. They were adopted six months ago in Tula by a woman who claimed to be a single mother.

A search warrant has been issued, but she’s believed to be abroad. The woman reportedly lied about her US citizenship and the fact that she was married!

Authorities discovered her deception and asked for details of the man and his consent for caring for the kids. “Soon after this, the children were found abandoned in an act of the most awful cruelty,” a source says.

In 2010, Tennessee resident Torry Hansen sent her adopted 7-year-old Russian son Artem Saveliev back on a plane to Moscow with a message saying, “I no long wish to parent this child.”

HollyMoms — Can you believe this? How can a parent give up a child in such a cruel way?!?

More HollyBaby news:

1. Couple Sues For ‘Wrongful Birth’ Of Daughter Born With Down Syndrome
  2. Two Kids Found Living In School Bus Alone After Parents Jailed
  3. Josh Powell’s Siblings Are Trying To Claim Life Insurance

interloper4501

Posted at 10:06 AM on May 20, 2014

Just wanted a quick tax deduction

Christen Dilligaf

Posted at 5:51 PM on October 20, 2013

and that is why some women cant have children…they arent cut our for it…

Nikki

Posted at 11:18 PM on May 20, 2012

Although this is very mean no one is taking into account what russia does. I would NEVER adopt a child from that country. The reason being is that the majority of the time they only send children with the most psychological problems. Also twins are very hard. I have twin nephews and honestly they are adorable. They are cute and sweet but they are hard to handle. I pray I am NEVER blessed with a set of twins. However she should have thought about what she could handle BEFORE adopting the twins.

Pharmd111

Posted at 2:39 AM on March 21, 2012

Very nice site!

Pharmc755

Posted at 2:39 AM on March 21, 2012

Hello! gdebbgb interesting gdebbgb site! I’m really like it! Very, very gdebbgb good!

mel

Posted at 2:04 PM on March 14, 2012

Women like that don’t deserve to be mothers

Wow

Posted at 12:09 AM on March 13, 2012

Omg I can’t believe a parent would do this even a adopted child or children. If you didn’t want a kid then why would you get a kids hopes up of havering a loving family and people to care for them when the real parents didn’t want them. I for one would adopted a baby and I will never take him or her back. People these days just kill me, but this is the meanest thing a person could do. I hope this use to be mother is reading this and you should be looking at the bigger picture and these two babies are propbly wonder what they did. I hope this woman will not be aloowed to adopt and more babies. I’m sorry if this will afend anyone but this is my thoughts. Have a wonderful day. :)

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 6:15 PM on March 12, 2012

These children are hostages of dirty politics.