'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Someone Is Killed On Wisteria Lane

Sun, March 11, 2012 11:59pm EDT by 62 Comments

Spoiler alert! Don’t read on until you’ve seen the March 11 episode of ‘Desperate Housewives.’

Even though most of us knew about tonight’s major death a few days ago, the March 11 episode of Desperate Housewives was nothing short of heartbreaking. The final scene between Mike (James Denton) and Susan (Teri Hatcher) on the porch literally ripped me to pieces, as she thanked him for always being there to protect people, and he told her — for the last time — just how much he really loved her.

Unfortunately, no one was able to protect Mike as the mobster returned for a little afternoon drive-by. Time stood still right before Mike was shot, as his life with Susan flashed before his — and our — eyes. And his final moments, as he lay bleeding and dying with Susan by his side, is without a doubt the most devastating moment this show has ever delivered us. (That title previously belonged to the season one finale in which Bree literally wailed when she found out her husband had died.)

Of course, it really wasn’t a great week for any of the housewives. Lynette (Felicity Huffman) found out Tom (Doug Savant) is moving in with his new girlfriend, Carlos (Ricardo Chavira) told Gaby (Eva Longoria) he’s quitting his job, and Bree (Marcia Cross) accidentally ate a poisoned pie that Mrs. McClusky had baked to kill herself.

What was YOUR reaction to Mike’s death? Did you know about it ahead of time, and did that soften the blow at all? Hit up the comments section with your thoughts on the episode, and Mike’s shocking (or not-so-shocking) death.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives updates

alexis

Posted at 1:18 PM on August 20, 2014

can yall put it back no plez it is the only tv show I whatch I watch it on neflax I miss the tv show :( :(

Candi

Posted at 8:23 AM on June 25, 2012

Can anyone tell me how I can get a picture or where I can get a picture of Gaby’s hair from season 8 episode 16… hair half up half down, with a knot and a big round diamante pin in the centre of the knot. Need this pic so I can show my hairdresser for my wedding. PLEASE HELP ME!! Many thanks and blessings to you all !

Candi

Posted at 8:22 AM on June 25, 2012

Can anyone tell me how I can get a picture or where I can get a picture of Gaby’s hair from season 8 episode 6… hair half up half down, with a knot and a big round diamante pin in the centre of the knot. Need this pic so I can show my hairdresser for my wedding. PLEASE HELP ME!! Many thanks and blessings to you all !

katie

Posted at 5:17 AM on May 27, 2012

i’ve been watching this show since episode one, season one. mike was in every single season, and to kill him off because the series is ending is just downright upsetting. i don’t think anyone can be please about mikes death, i know i was shocked and sad. i just don’t understand why they decided to kill him off…especially in the last moments of the episode. it’s just mean for the producers and writers of the show to kill off a loved character that has been with us throughout the show.

promovare site,promovare,seo,optimizare SEO,motoare de cautare,anunturi online,trafic site,promovare web,promovare firme

Posted at 6:34 AM on May 17, 2012

I’ve been surfing online greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s beautiful worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the web can be much more helpful than ever before.

microsoft office home and business 2010

Posted at 7:23 PM on May 14, 2012

Wow, awesome blog structure! How long have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The overall look of your web site is great, as well as the content material!

Joanna

Posted at 7:06 PM on April 22, 2012

I feel awful for Susan! Both her husbands were killed in horrible ways!!! And Mike was the sweetest guy on the show! everyone loved him and he didn’t deserve to have his life taken from him :'(

saru

Posted at 6:07 PM on April 22, 2012

omg! I didn’t expect that at all! I loved mike, he was one of my favourite character….feels like my heart has been ripped out

lara

Posted at 6:58 AM on April 16, 2012

oh and f.y.i language!to those earlier comments.if u have nothing nice to post dont post it at all!

lara

Posted at 6:55 AM on April 16, 2012

oh oh oh…why??????????????????????noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i read on even though it said spoiler!im devastated!why would the do that?

shirley

Posted at 10:19 AM on March 23, 2012

Yes it was shocking…Mike was fantastic! I thought he’d kick the mobsters butt. That was the best funeral and most realistic one I’ve ever seen on TV

Linda

Posted at 9:25 PM on March 18, 2012

I knew someone would die off, never thought about it being Mike. I was shocked, sad he was my favorite guy on the show.

jon

Posted at 1:00 PM on March 17, 2012

someone else should have been killed.what a disappointment:-(

jon

Posted at 12:59 PM on March 17, 2012

someone else should have been killed.what a diappointment:-(

Marc Cherry Sucks

Posted at 12:33 PM on March 16, 2012

MARC CHERRY YOU SUCK! Killing off Mike… Way to ruin this show for fans just because of your vendetta in that stupid lawsuit. People watch this show for entertainment, not to get more depressed. You ignorant MORON!

peter007

Posted at 9:24 AM on March 24, 2012

u r so right

Sean

Posted at 2:59 AM on March 14, 2012

I think its stupid that such a great show to end and mike dies????? Thats fucked why cant ben die he’s useless And it all his fault

Neos

Posted at 5:59 PM on March 18, 2012

I am so disappointed…After 8 years of this show, we all knew it was supposed to end one day. I only hoped every housewives whould know a “happy ending”, this would be a gift for fans…But no…Sometimes, productors can be so numb…and dumb !