'Smash' Preview: Katharine McPhee Performs Florence + The Machine's 'Shake It Out'

Fri, March 9, 2012 1:05pm EDT by 6 Comments

HollywoodLife.com has your exclusive sneak peek of Karen’s off-off-off-off-off-Broadway debut!

Karen (Katharine McPhee) may not have snagged the lead role in Marilyn: The Musical – yet — but that doesn’t mean she’s staying out of the spotlight. In this clip from the March 12 episode of NBC’s Smash, Karen takes center-stage at a bar mitzvah, where she belts out a solid rendition of Florence + The Machine‘s “Shake It Out” for a crowd of pre-teen whippersnappers.

I went to my fair share of bar mitzvahs back in the day, and I’ve got to say, they all could have used a little Karen Cartwright to sing away the pre-pubescent awkwardness.

(Plus, click here for our exclusive scoop on Julia’s affair — and Fran’s revenge!)

Check out Karen’s performance of “Shake It Out” below, and be sure to watch the new episode in its entirety March 12 at 10 p.m. on NBC! You know I’ll be there.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Smash scoop

Lisa Lampanelli

Posted at 9:16 PM on April 11, 2012

Wonderful put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t realize this. You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & aid other customers like its helped me. Good job.

Melissa

Posted at 8:57 PM on March 18, 2012

Anyone found where to buy that dress?! I’m in live with it!!

KJ

Posted at 3:13 PM on March 18, 2012

Where can I buy that awesome purple dress Katherine wore in the March episode??

Jessica

Posted at 2:16 AM on March 13, 2012

What is that purple dress? I love it and I can’t figure out where I can buy it!

mary

Posted at 10:35 AM on March 14, 2012

Have been trying to locate where I can buy the purple dress – please share – gorgeous dress.

Howard

Posted at 11:42 PM on March 12, 2012

I am really liking Smash and especially katherine mcphee, se is an amazing singer!