Russ Says: The Bottom Six On 'American Idol' Have No Chance Of Winning The Show

Fri, March 9, 2012 3:37am EDT by 19 Comments

Thankfully the judges listened to me and kept Elise Testone around for another week. But after seeing who was in the bottom six, I am convinced none of them will be the next American Idol.

Let’s list them off! Erika Van Pelt, Shannon Magrane, Elise Testone, Jermaine Jones, Joshua Ledet and Jeremy Rosado. They all have something in common besides being the bottom six, they have no chance of being the next American Idol. Seeing them all in the bottom six made me realize that they are all talented but they don’t have that one extra thing to set them apart from the rest of the bunch. When you look at some of the saved contestants, like Colton Dixon, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez, it’s obvious they are light years ahead of the other competition.

Now I don’t have a favorite Idol hopeful yet, but I can certainly see the seven that were instantly saved have a clear advantage over the rest of the cast. Love him or hate him, Heejun Han has a few weeks left on the show. Hollie Cavanagh is still going to turn heads with her amazing voice. Deandre Brackensick will still charm the ladies and Skylar Laine may be the dark horse of the whole competition. But those that were thrown to the wolves in the bottom six really have to turn things around to just get out of the bottom two or three for the remaining weeks to come.

Will I be proven wrong? We will see — but I am confident in how this show works and have a feeling I am barking up the right tree in my predictions. But if any of the contestants who were in the bottom six from the March 8 elimination episode prove me wrong, I will be the first to applaud them on a job well done. Hopefully, they will read this and it will provide a spark for them to step it up.

So HollywoodLifers, I am still unsure who is going to win American Idol. But I am sure who isn’t going to win. Who are your favorites this year?

Russ Weakland

buse

Posted at 4:28 PM on May 21, 2012

well apparently…. they weren’t… she’s now so close of winning the title…

buse

Posted at 4:25 PM on May 21, 2012

u were so right… amazing prediction… i hope Jessica gets the title…

misha

Posted at 6:35 AM on May 14, 2012

we are sure that Jessica Sanchez will take it …..then left with two Philip Philips @ Joshua Ledet….. all three are excellent …all different….Joshua has the voice for sure ..however not the full package in an idol look..Philip has a lot going for him in the looks and down to earth…could take it !!!!

Fluffy

Posted at 11:47 PM on May 2, 2012

Phil Phillips is not a performer…he actually sucks!. Go Hollie!!

Ginny

Posted at 2:18 PM on May 10, 2012

well you suck
Phillip Is THE BEST THERE
Hollie Is Leaving Tonight!!!!!

Daisy

Posted at 3:31 AM on April 13, 2012

We love you Jessica. What’s wrong with you people, Jessica deserve to win.

titi

Posted at 6:22 AM on April 7, 2012

Please VOTE for SANCHEZ.She have am amazing voice and i think she deserves to win 100%

titi

Posted at 6:17 AM on April 7, 2012

MY VOTE IS FOR JESSICA SANCHEZ!!!!!!!! GO SANCHEZ!!

Applejack

Posted at 4:30 AM on April 5, 2012

So wrong…

Edwaurdo

Posted at 9:20 PM on March 27, 2012

THE WINNER IS HOLLIE CAVANAUGH!

jerico jose

Posted at 7:53 AM on May 12, 2012

hollie is out of the game now.. GO Jessica..!! :)

mary collier

Posted at 11:52 PM on March 13, 2012

PHILLIP PHILLIPS WILL WIN!!!! HOLLY CAVANAUGH RUNNER-UP!!! I RICHLY PREDICTED SCOTT AND LAUREN LAST YEAR!….WE WILL SEE!

Michael

Posted at 11:51 PM on March 10, 2012

It is unfortunate that AI appears to be nothing more than a popularity contest?
Sure there is a lot of vocal talent all round, however I have to ask myself how many of the contestants have a some sort of unique identity as an artist? Does the show allow them to really show the sort of artist they want to be? In my opinion, I wouldn’t purchase someone’s record who is trying hard to sound like the original artist with a copycat arrangement of the song. Witney sound alikes is not the way to go!

AEvangelista

Posted at 3:31 AM on March 10, 2012

At this point in time, it’s not about who will win, but who will make the summer tour. If they make it, they get some nice summer money and a chance to sing at venues around the country. If they don’t, Idol will seem like a big waste of time.

jennifer

Posted at 8:24 PM on March 9, 2012

jessica, skylar and colton seem like they have the best shot.

gbtw

Posted at 8:31 AM on March 9, 2012

in general, i’m with you… except for the gospel guy. i think he is very special despite a performance with no climax this week. i’m not nuts about stevie wonder in the first place, and i think the men were at a disadvantage with the theme of the week. i also should say, that i haven’t entirely ruled out any of the girls coming through, especially the youngest/tallest one. something tells me she’s the type that could get better and surprise everyone every week… the voices of sanchez, et al, aren’t enough to win the competition, either. i could very easily see america getting bored with jessica in a pia kind of way… she’s better than pia, but she’ll need to be very careful with her song choices and mixing it up.

Stacy B. Morrison

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 9, 2012

I couldn’t agree more! Shannon (The tallest/youngest contestant) will surprise us I think. As for Jessica, I think she is really good, but she’s not unique. People will obviously get bored

walt mcgill

Posted at 4:14 AM on March 9, 2012

Your comments are spot on……..my vote is for Jessica Sanchez….she sounds great…..seems to have the whole package

Benjamin Marcus Raucher

Posted at 4:06 AM on March 9, 2012

American idol seems to have run its course

Benjamin Marcus Raucher