Snooki MUST Stop Drinking ASAP If She Hasn't Already, Experts Say

Thu, March 8, 2012 3:11pm EDT by 6 Comments
Snooki Pregnant Health

Even though Snooki said she’s stopped drinking since she realized she was pregnant, obstetricians say that unless she keeps her lifestyle completely clean, it could cause serious complications. We hope she takes motherhood seriously!

Snooki and fiancee Jionni LaValle are expecting their first child — and she shocked fans by revealing what went through her mind when she realized she was pregnant. “S–t, I’ve been drinking,” was her first reaction, she told Us Weekly. “I was worried. It was New Year’s Eve and we were in Vegas, so I did go crazy. I didn’t want to drink for a good two months after that anyway.” HollywoodLife.com spoke EXCLUSIVELY to obstetricians who said her wild partying could be dangerous for the child if she doesn’t curb her habits!

Snooki, 24, could be at a risk for serious complications given her partying ways, Dr. Tara Solomon, the medical director of the Women’s Wellness Center of South Florida, told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

“Drinking heavily in the first eight weeks of pregnancy is an all-or-nothing phenomenon,” Dr. Solomon, the author of What Your Gynecologist Never Told You and Your Mother Didn’t Know, says. “If it severely affects the fetus, she will miscarry. Continuing to drink during a pregnancy can lead to fetal alcohol syndrome, which is associated with small growth, mental retardation and fetal anomalies. Given her lifestyle, I don’t see her stopping the alcohol.”

Furthermore, Dr. Melody T. McCloud, the medical director of Atlanta Women’s Health Care, told us that fetal alcohol syndrome should be a big concern.

“Basically the early weeks are very important in what we call ‘organogenesis’ — the beginning development of the baby’s organs,” she said. “Exposure to alcohol in those early weeks–especially weeks six-to-ten or so — are critical. Also, continued use of liquor or alcohol during pregnancy can lead to fetal alcohol syndrome, which has a myriad of complications and abnormalities for the fetus and baby.”

Do YOU think Snooki will be able to stop drinking during her pregnancy, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More Snooki News:

1. Snooki Finally Admits She’s Pregnant — And Why She Lied About It
  2. Is Snooki Revealing Her Pregnancy On A Weekly Magazine For Money Tomorrow?
  3. Snooki’s Baby Names Revealed?

Kimberly

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 15, 2012

Snooki you are AWESOME! I hope you and Jionni come out with your own show. It would be soo cool. Don’t listen to all the stupid haters! I wish you the best of luck with your ENGAGMENT AND PREGNANCY. I will be watching you tonight on Jersey Shore (Fist Pumping) WOOT WOOT! Lots of love.

Ciara

Posted at 2:40 PM on March 13, 2012

I hate reading this crap. Everyone talks so much $@*& about her partying so much, up until this point, she was young, single, and didn’t have anything to worry about! Who wouldn’t party? To say she has not or will not quit drinking is just ignorant on your part. You know NOTHING about what she has or will do. Get over it!

just concerned

Posted at 10:31 PM on March 9, 2012

It make be too late and the little one may already be irreversibly damaged. I do believe that she will/has quit drinking.

I have a child with FAS, it’s not easy. If this is the case with her child to, perhaps it’s just what America needs to see. There are 40,000 babies a year who are born injured by alcohol just in the US. They are just ignored or they are diagnosed with something else to spare the mother shame.

lala

Posted at 10:59 AM on March 9, 2012

this isn’t your child so people should just stop being to nosey. If she is drinking while pregnant that will be an issue she will deal with no one else.

finch

Posted at 11:49 PM on March 8, 2012

stop hatin. u dont know shes been drinking. stupid attention grabbin headline and an article that didnt say a damn thing that everyone doesnt know

alana

Posted at 4:26 PM on March 8, 2012

Unless you got IVF treatments who knows they are pregnant the first 4 weeks? I mean with my first son I drank the first 4 weeks because I didn’t know I was pregnant till I was late and the test said positive. After that I didn’t touch any alcohol.