What a great role model! Miranda, as a face of Neutrogena, has teamed up with the skincare brand to send an important message to teens.
Miranda Cosgrove, 18, is helping Neutrogena spread the word on sun safety. “I don’t think teens realize the consequences associated with tanning,” Miranda explains. “It’s important for me to help people my age realize that tanning can be dangerous and, in the long run, not worth a tan.” Find out what Miranda and Neutrogena recommend you do to stay safe in the sun for spring break and the approaching warm weather.
Here are their ten tips:
1. Buy a wide-brimmed hat for each season to keep up with trends and protect your face from the sun
2. Get healthy with trips to the gym and eating right but don’t top off your look with a tan – there is no such thing as a healthy suntan
3. Accessorize your sunscreen to match wherever you’re headed –creams, lotions, sprays – choose your fave
4. Stay away from tanning beds – you can use sunless tanner or bronzer to get the same look without damaging your skin
5. Look for stylish and sun-savvy protective clothing whenever you’re out shopping – even for winter
6. Put on sunscreen anytime you go cruising with friends – you get 85 percent of your sun driving around in your car
7. Replace your daily moisturizer or foundation with one that has an SPF – that way it’s quick and easy to make sunscreen part of your beauty routine
8. Grab a friend or boyfriend/girlfriend to help with a simple skin cancer check – it can be hard to see those spots on your back
9. Wear sunscreen to protect yourself from harmful rays even on cloudy days – just because you can’t see the sun doesn’t mean it’s not there
10. Pick up travel-sized sunscreens to throw in your purse, gym bag and suitcase so you’re always prepared on-the-go