'American Idol' Results: Did Elise Testone Survive Her Shaky Performance?

Thu, March 8, 2012 11:59pm EST by 6 Comments
Elise Testone American Idol

What did you think of tonight’s bottom two, Jeremy Rosado and Elise Testone? Did the right person get sent home?

And then there were 12. We said goodbye to our first finalist on American Idol March 8 and it was a bummer to send a singer off.

The bottom six contestants weren’t too shocking, as none of the current favorites were on the chopping block. The bottom three girls were Erika Van Pelt, Shannon Magrane and Elise Testone (who was one of the bottom two). The bottom three guys were Jermaine Jones, Joshua Ledet and Jeremy Rosado, who was unfortunately cut by the judges.

(Clearly, the judges read our story about why they should keep Elise around for another week!)

What did you think of tonight’s results show? Were you happy with who was sent home? Sound off below!

More ‘American Idol’ News

1. Ryan Seacrest Being Replaced By Neil Patrick Harris On ‘American Idol’?
  2. Will Ryan Seacrest Be Fired From ‘American Idol?’
  3. Scotty McCreery Is Youngest Guy To Ever Debut At The Top Of The All-Genre Charts With His First Album!

Elinore

Posted at 12:30 AM on March 9, 2012

Shannon should have gone home. She’s not a dynamic singer n is not ready for the big time. Elise needs to perform better next week and just enjoy singing. She’s got a great voice. I’m gonna miss Jer Bear! What a soothing voice he has!

foxy74

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 8, 2012

It is a hard season for American Idol contestants. They are all good, but some of them have the whole package, like Jessica Sanchez, Phillip Phillips, Deandre, Heejun and Skylar! One of them should win. I think they sent home the wrong person. I think Elise did terrible last night, she should’ve gone home. As much as I love Elise, if she keeps singing like last night, I don’t think she will make it far on this competition.

maria

Posted at 11:19 PM on March 8, 2012

I am so disappointed. Jeremy was not the worst. He was amazing last week. Others were worse.

Anna

Posted at 10:32 PM on March 8, 2012

They should have sent home Shannon! She was the worst last night. She was out of tune and her voice and style isnt unique. For me Elise has the most beautiful voice and she should have joined the VOICE instead. I think in AI looks count also. Jeremy’s voice is soothing to the ear.

Michael

Posted at 10:25 PM on March 8, 2012

The judges got it right out of the unfortunate bottom two. Though their comments for Elise on performance night were particularly harsh. The bottom two should have been Shannon & Phillip. Shannon’s performance was weak at best – it had many flaws. Phillip’s performance was more of a jam session rather than vocal technique. Jeremy’s performance was also weak, but to me, shows more vocal technique than Phillip.

Anna

Posted at 10:36 PM on March 8, 2012

Philip is one of my faves but I totally agree with you! They were harsh on Haley last year too when she sang that sam e song. I am always looking forward to Elise s performance just like I was on Halys last year. I hope she performs to the judges expectations next time but I didnt really think it was that bad. I still enjoyed her performance!