'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood: Facing 5 Years In Jail Now — Oh No

Thu, March 8, 2012 10:00pm EST by 28 Comments
Amber Portwood Jail

Amber’s back in trouble AGAIN — this time it’s because she failed to take a required drug test!

Teen Mom star Amber Portwood was sentenced to five years in prison after her December drug arrest, but the judge said he would dismiss the case if she completes a drug program, according to TMZ.com. On March 5, Amber failed to take a routine daily drug test, and now she must face the consequences!

Amber was progressing until she failed to provide a urine sample during a routine drug test while serving time on home detention. Sources say she simply couldn’t go at the time, but no urine sample still counts as a failed test no matter what.

During her weekly check-up with the judge on March 8, she’ll have to answer for her failed test. It’s up to the judge to decide if she’ll be locked up for her original five-year sentence or not.

HollywoodLife.com reached out to Amber’s attorney Evan Broderick, and he said he can’t comment on the situation at this time.

UPDATE: Amber met with the judge, but the court told HollywoodLife.com that they cannot reveal the results.

But TMZ.com reports that Amber is NOT going to jail for 5 years after all! Not only did Amber not provide a urine sample, but she also missed an AA meeting recently! But even though she’s not going to locked up, she’s not totally off the hook — Amber has to do 30 extra days of daily drug testing and she must re-read the drug court handbook and write a 500-word report.

Amber Portwood Drugs and Jail AGAIN — ‘Teen Mom’ Arrested For Ditching Drug Test

HollyMoms — Do you think Amber got off too easy? Should her punishment have been more?

More Amber Portwood drama:

1. ‘Teen Mom’ Stars — Inside Their Pricey NYC Weekend Reunion
  2. Gary Shirley Defends Amber Portwood: ‘Don’t Trash’ Her Please
  3. Did Amber Portwood Fail Her Rehab Entrance Exam?

Lisa

Posted at 6:12 PM on June 27, 2012

She’s a danger to her child. She’s a ticking. I’ve seen it before. SHE NEEDS TO BE IN JAIL FOR 5 YEARS!

DC VA Emergency Board up

Posted at 10:04 PM on June 14, 2012

I will immediately grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

hediye

Posted at 4:00 AM on June 6, 2012

Hi there, just become alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it’s really informative. I’m going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future. Lots of other folks shall be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

beck

Posted at 2:08 PM on May 31, 2012

Special treatment for a tv star again n The way she treats Gary is horrible he’s an idiot for putting up with it she’s a selfish broad whom needs to think of that beautiful baby girl that poor girls life is being affected by her n she obviously don’t give a damn amber had a chance she failed she deserves to be punished

Mama3

Posted at 8:04 PM on May 4, 2012

She should’ve done the 5 yrs behind bars. I don’t care who the heck she is. Just because she’s a “supposedly” celebrity (hence the quotes) doesn’t mean she gets special treatment. If that were me, I’d be doing the 5 yrs. so y not her. Shes garbage and I don’t care what her situation is, he made her bed and now she should lie in it

Mama3

Posted at 8:06 PM on May 4, 2012

Leah has her dad. Who is an amazing father btw

Lisa

Posted at 6:18 PM on June 27, 2012

I agree. She’s so worried about her ugly looks. Her family sides with her. Gary takes care of that baby. So does HIS mother. Her own mother can’t trust her. If she holds that phone any closer, she’ll swallow it. EVERYBODY HAS ONE THESE DAYS! She’ll digest it. It will fit. All you ever see her do is… eat, swear, or beat people. She needs to be off the streets. The child needs to be brought up with Gary and his mom. She’s so much more of a child with them. SO SAD!

Amber

Posted at 10:23 AM on May 4, 2012

If she would have never flaunted her teen pregnancy on a tv show, let alone on MTV, she would never be in this situation. I know a lot of “parents” who have done worse things in there life and who use drugs daily and thierry children are fine because they are responsible enough to not allow anything bad around their kids! This comes down to her being careless and irresponsible! I hope Leah’s father has perminent custody because you can tell that man is a teddy bear n would do anything n everything to make his baby girl happy!

Lisa

Posted at 6:23 PM on June 27, 2012

Thank goodness for this show. If the cameras were there and she beat him, IMAGINE if the cameras WEREN’T THERE! PLEASE! This could be a WHOLE other conversation. She honestly believes in her mental mind that she’s a good mom. Watch the shows. She has the kid…she’s a mess and so is the house. Gary has the kid……..she has clean clothes, hair is done, and she’s being a CHILD!

laurie

Posted at 1:54 AM on April 13, 2012

I think she is getting off to easy and should have to go back to jail for at least 2 years of her sent. She is never going to learn.
She is only getting away with this because she is on teen mom and that is not setting a good example for the show for one and it is not ever going to help Amber get better.
That poor baby continues daily to pay the price for her moms dumb choices in life and Leah will probably grow up making the same choices unless someone finally gets a little bit harder on Miss Amber and straightens her up so Leah has some fighting chance.

Emily

Posted at 7:37 PM on April 7, 2012

In my opinion I was a teen mom I didn’t get a show I had to go on welfare I believe these girls should not be getting any money for this it doesn’t show how it really is to struggle when you are a teen mom. Maybe then others will see how it really is and maybe then there will be less teens getting pregnant.

- A

Posted at 3:57 PM on April 4, 2012

This is why “Teen Moms” shouldn’t even be on TV. She probably bought those drugs with the sarary she makes from the TV show. Some of the other comments I read…she obviously has 12 year old follows. The whole concept is disgusting.

Chelsea

Posted at 10:34 AM on April 4, 2012

She’s actually a good mom when she’s with Leah! I feel sorry for her! Everyone hates her after what happened with Gary but hes to blame for it too not just Amber!:/

Michelle

Posted at 9:02 AM on March 31, 2012

Sorry but she should be in jail. Should have been a long time ago, she’s to selfish to be a.good mom. .. On to the next.. She needs to be removed from teen.mom. Shes abusive to her man why not hr kid when camaras.arent around… She needs a lesson from Maci on how to be a good mom.. Her and Farrah for that matter. All that girl cares about is being famous..

amanda

Posted at 11:38 AM on March 25, 2012

Wth as a former drug court client now graduate if u get a dirty test or can’t go that’s a 7 day sanction in my state which is 7 days in jail no essays come on drug court judge this makes me sick this program is suppose to be hard so u can save some lives and this girl needs a whole lotta help just as I once did 7 years ago and also when is it ok to miss a meeting on dc

Josh

Posted at 7:44 PM on March 22, 2012

As someone serving probation with the treat of 12 years in prison over my head I find this disgusting.
This woman is being treated so much better than I was it litterally makes me sick. If I fail any drug test at any time I will go to a state prison for 12 years and all I got caught with was marijuana…
Unless there has been some major change in the system that I am being run through, I think she should be thrown into a jail cell for at least 30 days as a warning and then for her full sentence if she screws up again…

TRAE

Posted at 1:02 AM on March 18, 2012

Y is this chic so important that she wouldnt have to back up her jail time that was suspended only if she followed the rules of her probation? The judge who sentenced her should stick by his ruling and if he dont he isnt a very good judge but more a coward who cant even be relied on to keep his word so y would anyone he sentenced care or follow his rulings? Its ok to make mistakes and accept your punishment but when you make the same mistakes and dont show any signs of doin whats right then you deserve to get locked u. This girl dont deserve any kind of attention or freedom definently dont deserve to have her child…What a waste of space and air!!

Amber

Posted at 7:56 PM on March 9, 2012

Of course she got off easy! No celebrity, A list or Z list ever gets real consequences/punishment. Unless it’s murder… Oh wait. I stand corrected, O.J. Simpson got away with murder…

Benjamin Marcus Raucher

Posted at 6:52 AM on March 9, 2012

I hope she beats her drug problem if she has one

Benjamin Marcus Raucher

Maria

Posted at 1:16 AM on March 9, 2012

How many more chances are they going to give this girl? Drink some damn water and then pee. It’s a DAILY test, so she knows when she is going to have to pee, so why not drink a lot beforehand? Oh, I know why, because she knew she would fail the test. Is anyone really surprised?

michelle

Posted at 12:15 AM on March 9, 2012

I hope she ends up in jail. I think its the best thing for her. Nothing else has worked. Shes a freaking moron/ phychopath anyways

katie k

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 8, 2012

No, I dont! If she is an addict, she needs treatment, not an institution…drug court is appropriate in my eyes, and a judges…

natalie

Posted at 7:24 PM on March 8, 2012

I say lock her up and throw away the key. Man, I wish I was a judge!

helllokitty2142

Posted at 5:50 PM on March 8, 2012

amber, amber, amber….what are you going to do with you girl.

alana

Posted at 4:22 PM on March 8, 2012

Not for nothing but if you can’t go ya can’t go. You can’t force yourself to go. But they could have taken a blood test from her because that would show the same stuff. The blood test can go back further then piss can.

gbtw

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 8, 2012

the sample can be small… i’d venture to guess that most people could get SOMETHING out even within 15 minutes of using the bathroom. the story is suspicious, to say the least.

rene343

Posted at 11:27 AM on March 8, 2012

I believe theres a reason she “simply couldn’t go at the time” it dont take much to provide enough for them to do the drug test and I’m sure they wouldnt have minded waiting a couple of minutes if needed be..I like amber and hate to see her have to serve time, but shes no better than any of us out here and if it were one of us, we would have to serve the time !

c