'Hunger Games' Star Jennifer Lawrence Reveals If She's Team Peeta Or Team Gale

Wed, March 7, 2012 6:13pm EDT by 26 Comments

Katniss’ relationship with Peeta is platonic, but her relationship with Gale is passionate. J-Law admits it was a tough decision to decide who she ultimately wants to win her character Katniss’ heart in ‘The Hunger Games’!

The Hunger Games isn’t your typical love story. Sixteen-year-old Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) has two men vying for her heart: Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) who she is forced to face death with and Gale (Liam Hemsworth) her best friend/hunting pal.

Both men have their fair share of redeeming qualities, but it will be interesting to see who fans side with.

Well if you’re torn between Peeta and Gale, maybe J-Law can help you make a decision.

“I went back and forth. In the beginning of the firts book, I was Gale, Gale, Gale,and then when I was reading the parts about the games, I was Peeta,” Jennifer says in the March issue of Glamour.

Personally, I agree with J-Law. I’m SO Team Peeta! I don’t really care for Gale.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale? Vote and let the Games begin!

– Nicole Karlis

More ‘Hunger Games’:

1. Jennifer Lawrence Gets Her Revenge In New ‘Hunger Games’ Video
  2. Arcade Fire’s New ‘Hunger Games’ Song Inspired By Jennifer Lawrence’s Role — VIDEO
  3. Jennifer Lawrence Cries After Giving Co-Star Concussion On ‘Hunger Games’ Set

Johanna

Posted at 1:28 AM on March 9, 2014

I ‘m never for Team Gale . In the first movie / book it was probably all for the cameras , but you remember the part where katniss thinks ” I do not want to lose . The boy with the bread” And in the second movie / book , omg i was so sad when I pain when gale katniss kissing – bah – you could see the pain in Peeta ‘s eyes . But when they were back together in the arena , Katniss wanted to protect him . Because when she asked, ” will you stay with me” Peeta said yet ” Always” . ! The third part I like most – saddest book of the three . It was so awful when he tried to murder . Katniss But it was not his fault . It was the fault of Snow . And in the third book has Gale katniss cheated. By not showing them. Recording Peeta But all will be well again. Because when I ride the last pages. Aww so beautiful. Their children. so cute. Finally Peeta very good with words such as
– I do not wanna forget ( movie)
– I wish i could freeze this moment right here, right now and live in it forever . (book)
-My nightmares are about losing you . ( Book)
– ..
And most reasoning why I team Peeta ” am . He barely knew her , and yet he wanted to protect her all the time . Hte bread , he ‘d still be able to get . A beating from his mother But he loved her and he will always love her

Enh

Posted at 11:27 PM on November 4, 2013

Ok so I was team Gale from the start like right away! Then i saw peeta in the games and I’m like nope i’m team Peeta for sure but when I watched the movie I saw at the end how Peeta and Katniss were Waving to the people in their district and she looked at Gale and Prim was on his shoulders and he was smiling and you could see the pain in Katniss eye’s and that’s when I said no she should be with Gale and I have read the last book and she should be with Gale for sure! Tough decision though! Can’t way till catching fire!

Something

Posted at 11:22 PM on November 4, 2013

I luv peeta sooo much!! But i think she would be waaaay better with Gale!!! I luv Peeta more than Gale but she feels sorry for him and so she should be with Gale. Their better for each other

Something

Posted at 11:17 PM on November 4, 2013

I personally love peeta!!! but i think gale is better off with Katniss and that he should be with Katniss but I like peeta more.

kelly

Posted at 3:37 PM on September 8, 2013

well… I must say i use to love gale but now definitely peeta

linux vps

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 4, 2013

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge on the topic of unexpected emotions.|

Liza

Posted at 4:36 AM on July 3, 2012

PEETA all the way he is sooo much better than gale and everything he says and does is sooooo sigh worthy
Omg I need to go read The books right now :)

Zoe

Posted at 11:09 AM on April 6, 2012

I love peeta who wouldnt i was so happy that jennifer agreed when i voted for peeta when i saw all of the votes i was so happy that peeta was winning by like 60 percent!

Z

Posted at 5:29 PM on March 31, 2012

I love peeta!!! He has all the qualities I want in a guy if only I was 16!!!!! Even though it’s not like twilight people still have the right to pick a side.

Kate

Posted at 3:14 PM on March 9, 2012

EWWWW.
NOOO TEAMS!

Kelly Ho

Posted at 3:38 PM on September 8, 2013

i must say i agree but still…. TEAM PEETA

Japanese guy

Posted at 9:03 PM on March 8, 2012

Team Battle Royale (japanese killer cool Movie). Kill’em all!
The movie has potential, do not shrunk it. do not … sissy-it!
The spirit is death and rebellion, not who’s prettier. Kill and let die.

red

Posted at 5:03 AM on March 8, 2012

GUYS!!! there are NO TEAMS! let’s not turn this into twilight

Something

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 4, 2013

Oh I know right! their not teams this is not twilight crap going on

nin1

Posted at 2:07 AM on March 8, 2012

100 % teem peeta forever and ever and ever

Ella

Posted at 10:12 PM on March 7, 2012

It’s annoying me a little bit that of all the important ideas that this book brings to the forefront people seem to only want to discuss Peeta and Gale. There is a love triangle of sorts in the book, but it’s really a minor theme. Ultimately, The Hunger Games is not a “love story.”

Livia

Posted at 10:08 PM on March 7, 2012

TEAM GALE ALL THE WAY HES WAY BETTER FOR KATNISS AND HES WAYYYYY HOTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT GET ME WRONG I LUV PETA BUT I DONT THINK KATNISS REALLY DOES I THINK SHE THINKS SHE DOES BECAUSE HES HURT LOST AND CONFUSED BUT SHE REALLY JUST FEALS SORRY FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!! JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!

helllokitty2142

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 7, 2012

in the first book i was like “im going with team gale” then the 2nd book im like “maybe gale and peeta” then in the third book i go “team peeta” :)

Livia

Posted at 10:10 PM on March 7, 2012

BUT PETA IS JUST HURT SO KATNISS FEELS SORRY FOR HIM I DONT THINK SHE REALLY LUVS HIM!!!!!!!!

L

Posted at 11:10 PM on March 10, 2012

DOn’t be a hater

Mfg

Posted at 9:55 PM on March 14, 2012

You haven’t read all the books because if you did, you would realize that she does love Peeta.

Tonay

Posted at 9:55 PM on December 31, 2012

Thank A GIRL WITH SENSE!!!

enough

Posted at 7:15 PM on March 7, 2012

They want it to be The Twunger Games so badly. So sorry, not going to happen.

k

Posted at 9:04 PM on March 7, 2012

i hate them comparing it to twilight because it nothing like it just because there are teams doesn’t mean that it is anything like twilight

this is not twlight

Posted at 6:41 PM on March 7, 2012

This is NOT TWLIGHT stop saying team this or that gosh

grrrrr people are so annoying

Posted at 7:04 PM on March 7, 2012

what is wrong with you people can pick sides with out it being compared to twilight ok