'Hunger Games' Feud: Our Movie Is Better Than 'Twilight'

Wed, March 7, 2012 9:49pm EST by 45 Comments
Hunger Games Twilight

arta

Posted at 7:03 AM on April 1, 2012

u guys!(u commenters) have u even read the books??? i did not c the movie but the books (with josh and liam :D) are way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane153

Posted at 9:16 PM on March 26, 2012

NO MOVIE CAN BEAT THE TWILIGHT MOVIES EVER CAUSE THEY ARE BETTER. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hunger games AND ROCK ON TWILIGHT SAGA. NO ONE FORGET THAT> THIS IS A FACT.

GO TWILIGHT

Nikki

Posted at 9:07 PM on March 26, 2012

I totally waisted my time reading something stupid Twilight is and will always be a billion times better,becasue it has everything,life,fantasy,love,action everything and it has HOT guys<3

Diane153

Posted at 8:43 PM on March 26, 2012

I think that the Twilight Movies are better than the Hunger Games because Jacob is extremely HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I prefer the Twilight Saga movies. GO TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven815

Posted at 2:26 PM on March 26, 2012

“I Was So Obsessed With This Book I hAD To Take It With Me Out To Dinner And Hide It Under The Edge Of The Table So I Wouldn’t Have To Stop Reading.The Story Kept Me Up For Several Nights In A Row,Because Even After I Finished,I Just Lay In Bed Wide Awake Thinking About It”-Stephenie Meyer

“I Can’t Wait To See The Hunger Games”-Kristen Stewart

Hunger games lover

Posted at 8:25 PM on March 23, 2012

I LOVE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!! Twilight isn’t good enough to be compared to hunger games!!!!!!! Twilight is just a little romantic story, hunger games is soooo much more!!!!!!!!!!! I’m not saying i dont like twilight but hunger games was 50,000 time awesomer!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!! – as u can tell!

b king

Posted at 3:23 AM on March 13, 2012

The hunger games is a trilogy expressing the confinement of corrupt leaders , showing us through political stance the means of wars and the innocence sacrificed to gain freedom through the unity of the people shown by the mockingjay.
yes, it does have a love triangle but it is not the main feature and t symbolizes freedom ( gale ) or social standing ( peeta ) not whether or not to pick between a sparkling narcissist or a hopeless boy who falls for a child .
aka The hunger games is so much cooler in every way :)

Jason

Posted at 11:12 PM on March 12, 2012

None.
Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Harry Potter pwns them both combined!

TheSwordsofDeath

Posted at 11:23 AM on March 12, 2012

Nope, None of them. hehe GO FMA! GO D.GRAY MAN! GO! GO! GO! EXCALIBUR! AHAHAHAHA! ANIME PWNS ALL!

Male

Posted at 8:25 PM on March 8, 2012

YEEEESSSSSSS! Pretty good sentimental vampires is a movie to sand, to bear with your girl, THE WORST THING ON EARTH SINCE TITANIC!! Instead, Hunger Games looks Interesting. I want to see it.
They saying Twilight sucks is a SALE to convince me!

c

Posted at 11:35 AM on March 8, 2012

lol they both suck but at least twilight is a cute romantic story.. hunger games is fighting and killing… awesome.

lover

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 8, 2012

Bahaha… never!

NICk

Posted at 9:54 AM on March 8, 2012

I love both books and I think that they are both different with some similarities such as the one girl who is wanted by two men. But the stories are different. I love them both and cant wait to see the hunger games on the 23rd and breaking dawn part 2 when it comes out!

dd

Posted at 5:24 AM on March 8, 2012

I think they’re both the same they’re equal that’s what I think I agree wiht therese

Veronica

Posted at 5:04 AM on March 8, 2012

The Hunger Games! I really like Twilight but it’s mostly based on a fantasy love triangle while The Hunger Games is this love triangle but also about war, revolution and how to stand up for yourself. And plus I LOVE The Hunger Games. And personally, I think it has a better moral.

back in time

Posted at 3:10 AM on March 8, 2012

It will be popular as the Back to the Future trilogy!

therese

Posted at 1:31 AM on March 8, 2012

Both are interesting in their own way. But in my opinion..I prefer Twilight:)I just have to wait and see how THG will come out.

Samantha

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 8, 2012

There is more to twilight than that. Yes I agree it has the romantic feel but If you read the books throughly you find that there is a hidden subtext of the book. Bella has more choices and problems to solve than just who should I marry the vampire or the werewolf. She had to choose between her parents and her human life or leaving that all behind. She has to choose between life or death. She has to make life altering decisions that yes are a little far fetched but it is a book. A work of fiction to be enjoyed and experienced. Nothing that happens in it is real. Nothing that happens in THG is real either. This is fiction writing not real life. I feel that these actors and actresses should mature and stop fighting over who’s movie is going to be the best.

April

Posted at 12:14 AM on March 8, 2012

First of all, I have read all of the Twilight books, and there really isn’t much to them. Not one character changes or grows as a person. And the decisions you talk about (choosing between her human life or leaving it behind and choosing life or death) are not only THE SAME decision, but also stems from her decision of choosing Edward over Jacob. Unlike Twilight, the characters in Hunger Games do have arcs. Also, while I do agree they are both fiction, something like the Hunger Games could actually happen one day (gladiator fights ring a bell?) And lastly the actors and actresses are giving their opinions, like you and I are doing by commenting on their post. They are asked these questions by reporters and give them. It has nothing to do with being mature, it’s a matter of opinion.

catalano

Posted at 4:52 AM on March 8, 2012

i agree. and its not even that far off in the future, in my opinion. just look at the airports, highschool entries, football games etc. tsa and police, check points and soon drones everywhere.

its sad that so many people dont see the connection. america is on the brink of a police state which to me is the beginning of a THG type of reality.

whereas twilight is true fiction i think this trilogy is more dystopian and therefore allows for a stronger emotional response from the viewer.. simply because it might become reality in the future.

Brooke

Posted at 11:58 PM on March 7, 2012

While I think THG is probably a much better film (and the actors better), I’m starting to think the cast is really obnoxious. The twi-stars can be a bit whiny and the Harry Potter kids can be a bit smug, but the THG stars seem really judgmental and petty. Yeah, THG will be better…But the stars don’t have to make sarcastic digs at Twilight…they should be taking the high road and saying something like “they are two very different films.” I guess what I am trying to say is I find the judgey attitude of the stars annoying…Specifically, Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence. Lawrence gave this weirdly self-righteous interview to Seventeen where she was like, I’m not stupid enough to have a eating disorder….As for Liam, yes, the Twi films are crappy but you don’t have to actually say it to the press…I never heard Emma Watson make a nasty remark about Twilight, even though it would be easy to mock the film and the fans. Being bitchy, whiny, and smug is irritating but directing it to specific people who did nothing to you seems uncalled for.

Nick

Posted at 10:01 AM on March 8, 2012

I completely agree with your comment. I think that as actors they should repect other films and their actors. JLaw should also probably check how she expresses herself to the media next time since making those type of comments about not being stupid enough to have an eating disorder can have a negative impact on those suffering from such disorders. I wish both the films the best and I am sure they’ll be great since they both have great actors and are different stories that catch our attention.

c

Posted at 11:39 AM on March 8, 2012

so true! Jennifer Lawrence seems so obnoxious and self righteous!

Dena

Posted at 11:54 PM on March 7, 2012

@Alexia, I agree. These movies are different and shouldn’t be lumped together. So stupid. And this “team” whatever is soooooooo old. I won’t get sucked in. I’m going to see the movie and enjoy it, not compare it. It’s not a pissing contest.

Alexia

Posted at 11:04 PM on March 7, 2012

Why you just stop this?
They’re different stories. Just accept it! I’m so sick of this, THG it’s not the new Twilight, it’s a new drama it has nothing to do with Twilight.
I like both, but I still have to watch THG movie…so

bertha

Posted at 10:58 PM on March 7, 2012

i think twilight is better in THG teen killing other teens is very bad look in the world what is happening the school in ohio where a teen shoot others teen THG is bad example of this and the picture is similar of the movie of Arnold and maria conchita alonso in the ’80 look that movie

April

Posted at 12:24 AM on March 8, 2012

THG doesnt in any way condone teens killing teens. Sure, it happens in it but they are not saying it is ok. If anything, the author uses Katniss’s point of view to show that it’s wrong. Katniss is forced to kill out of necessity in order to survive. The same could be said of the Volturi who kill that group of tourists in New Moon, killing out of necessity in order to survive.

Diane153

Posted at 8:46 PM on March 26, 2012

Bertha great choice.

Katniss2

Posted at 10:34 PM on March 7, 2012

Twilight has the ROMANTIC feel, which I like, but the only big decision in twilight was Edward or Jacob?

The Hunger Games however is about life, death, freedom, family, courage, rebels and so much more. The Hunger Games has so much to offer and explore that I think it will be FAR MORE EPIC than twilight could ever be. Hell, you have to be stupid to not think that. ONE more film and twilight is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the hunger games will be out and people will ask “what’s twilight?”

Rosie

Posted at 10:55 PM on March 7, 2012

I agree completly. Twilight fans will always argue and say that their movie is better but its not. Or maybe it is. We have yet to see the movie but THG books are better. They mean so much more than “who should I choose!!!!???? Edward or Jacob? Omg! I’m sssoo confused!!!”

Katniss2

Posted at 11:01 PM on March 7, 2012

The books are TOTALLY better! I will argue about that, but the movie hasn’t come out yet, but everyone has such great things to Say. Suzanne even wrote a letter saying it was everything she wanted and she was happy with lions gate and Gray Ross & Jennifer Lawrence and pretty much everyone who worked on it, so….. I’M EXCITED

Michelle

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 7, 2012

You really can’t compare the movies because TWILIGHT is about the love Bella has for Edward and Jacob. Hunger Games is similar in the way that it can’t happen. Also when Taylor and Kristen started they were like 17 and 18, much younger than the other 2 except Josh. And the only reason HG would be like more is cause it’s not so corney. Instead why don’t they compare it to HP. Cause frankly if that were the case EVERYONE would pick HP. Either way the movie HG doesn’t appeal to me nor do the actors. I still prefer TWILIGHT.

c

Posted at 11:42 AM on March 8, 2012

true HP would win hands down.. talk about a great series!

Diane153

Posted at 9:01 PM on March 26, 2012

I agree with you Michelle. The twilight movies are better.

starry

Posted at 10:05 PM on March 7, 2012

JUST PROVE IT IF THEY CAN MORE EPIC THAN TWILIGHT….
THEY ALWAYS BRING BIG NAME OF TWILIGHT FOR PROMO THEIR MOVIE
THAT’S SUCK ……………… .

TRY TO DISHES ONOTHER MOVIE…….THAT WILL BE GOOD
AM SURE THG WILL MORE EPIC
NOT BECAUSE THE MOVIE BUT THEY SENSATION TO DISHES ANOTHER MOVIE ……!!!

BTW THEY COPY TWILIGHT
MORE EPIC ….WE WILL SEE..!!

Me

Posted at 10:51 PM on March 7, 2012

Copy twilight how exactley? Truthfully, I am a Twilight fan and I will go see the last movie but I prefer The Hunger Games.
Twilight really is just “omg! Who should I marry? The vampire who will give me eternal life or the hot and sexy werefolf? I’m so heartbroken and confused! And oh great! Here comes people trying to seperate us! Why? Why does this happen to me? Why do I put people in danger?!” Bella, to me, is a bad image for women. Always being saved. I mean, she goes into depression for loosing a guy?! Stupid, much? If that was someone in real life people would think she’s nuts. Sure she does something in eclipse to help (distracting victoria with her blood) but the deepest Twilight goes is Bella’s devotion to her daughter. That’s it. It just seems pointless, like the four books could have just been put in one and it still would have held the same quality.
Now THG is a different book. One about SOMETHING that could happen. Freedom, politics, the horrible place our world could be walking into. I mean, if we enjoy watching people fight (boxing, and such) and enjoy watching those survival reality shows then whose to say something like that won’t happen?
And not only is Katniss a strong female character but she’s loving also. A bit dim when it comes to love, sure. And yes there is romance too and that just sort of ties things together. Every great story has romance – even Harry Potter had romance and everyone loved those books. The romance in THG isn’t overwhelming like that in Twilight. It fits with the story anyone whose read the books know that.
Katniss is devoted to those who she cares about. She won’t just sit down and let them fight and protect her – she will be on the front line fighting too.
The Hunger Games is great for both genders. While I do see one or two guys that WILLINGLY go to see Twilight there will not only be guys willing to read and see THG but excited about it also. There are countless of guys at my school who are going to see it and have read the books. Everyone loves the Hunger Games.

I understand that Twilight fans refuse to even think about Twilight simply ‘dissapearing’ but the world is moving on. Twilight isn’t the big thing anymore, it captured many people (including myself) and it was a good movie. But the hunger games (to me) has more. Sadly for some people THG will eclipse twilight wether you like it or not. I do think The Hunger Games books are better than twilight books. As for the movie, we’ll just have to wait and see the film makers didn’t mess it up.

Rez

Posted at 2:45 AM on March 8, 2012

You just cited all the criticism generated by the media, who never read Twilight YOU ARE NOT A TWILIGHT FAN! Of that I’m sure!Bella always to be saved ??? What a big joke!!!!
Twilight is epic because every single part was different and beatiful, but the HG has only one part worth watching PART 1(well sort of still to be decided) and still we have seen more movies about survival(better movies)and still they wheren’t as epic as Twilight :P
The girl with the dragon tattoo, Transformers and every other movie on the last 3 or 4 years has been marketed on Twilight shoulders(just like when for HG and Girl with the dragon tattoo where Kristen suppostedly auditioned, but nthg happened. Twilight is epic cause there is NOTHING Hollywwod fashion about them. Bella doesn’t go around with perfect hair and a killer wardrobe and she doesn’t try to be the Coolest of them all. Beyond vamps and worewolves she is one of us, a simple girl in a world where looks and being cool, not being yourself, is evaluated beyond pathetic. Read both Twilight and HG and can’t see how the last one is a better book, is written very generically, thou is has immense potential, a wasted one. HG looks very much hollywood to me, a spectacle, flashy but not a good movie

aquarius64

Posted at 6:26 AM on March 8, 2012

A plain simple girl like Bella could NEVER get two hot guys fight over her in real life. Even in fiction Bella could not compete for these guys’ affection if a rival was beautiful and confident. I would to have seen Jacob imprint on a girl that’s his age, smart, beautiful, confident and all his attention is on his imprinted. Bella wouldn’t be able to cope. (Heck she was insecure on her wedding day when a beautiful vampire who wanted Edward was there.) Watching her deal with Jacob not wanting her anymore and putting her marriage to Edward in jeopardy because of her jealousy is a much better plot. That’s where you see some character growth.

Bella is a danger-prone Daphne. And I’m sorry the suicide attempts because Edward left her was too much. Wrong message to send.

rachel

Posted at 9:33 PM on March 11, 2012

YOU KNOW WHAT HAVE YOU EVER read!!!!!the hunger games smart one!twilight has got nothing on the hunger games its way more epic man!

cool person

Posted at 9:36 PM on March 11, 2012

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!!

Dena

Posted at 11:55 PM on March 7, 2012

The words amazing and epic are SOOOOOOOOOOO over used. Get over it.

HI