'Pregnant Man' Who Gave Birth To 3 Babies Reveals Life At Home

Wed, March 7, 2012 2:56pm EDT by 25 Comments
Thomas Beatie Pregnant Man

The first ‘pregnant man’ shows what life is like raising three little ones.

Thomas Beatie made history as the first man to give birth — he was born a woman and kept his reproductive organs — and now he and his wife Nancy, 49, are proud parents to three kids: Susan, 3, Jensen, 2, and Austin, 1. The 38-year-old father reveals to The Daily Mail how he and his wife explain their children’s extraordinary births. They read them Mister Seahorse, which explains how male seahorses become pregnant!

“It’s [Susans's] favorite bedtime story,” Thomas explains. “I tell her that’s what I did: I carried her in my tummy like Mr. Seahorse, and she gets it. She doesn’t think there is anything weird about it. There is a photograph of me pregnant, and she points to it all the time, saying: ‘Daddy, Daddy, I’m inside and I got bigger and bigger, and then I had to come out.”

On the surface everything seems “normal” — the kids call Thomas “Dad” and Nancy “Mom” and they live in a suburban Phoenix, Arizona home.

“Susan is a mini-me,” Thomas says. “A lot of people think Austin is a girl, because of his long hair, I guess, but that doesn’t bother us.”

The couple juggle work and family life, and say their sex life isn’t a problem. “There are physical issues there obviously, but they aren’t the things that get in the way,” Thomas laughs. “The biggest problem is that we have three small children. Our challenge is actually getting the bed to ourselves!”

Although they want to be a normal family, being in the public spotlight is hard. “We have had a rough ride,” Thomas says. “We have had death threats, crazies. I’ve been called a freak. The really nasty stuff has come online, with email, Facebook and YouTube.”

“Some of it has just been weird — such as people going to Halloween parties dressed as me, “The Pregnant Man,” Thomas continues. “Some of it has been terrifying. One man has made videos pretending he has kidnapped Susan. He has a Susan doll and he hits her over and over. It’s sick. The FBI have been involved and they monitor things for us. The world is full of crazy people and we have to have our wits about us.”

Although the couple made some money from media offers for his story, he has to go back to work. “We did make a bit of money, but we lost a lot more,” he explains. “The business went under — partly because we had to close the doors to stop all the crazies coming in.”

But despite everything, Thomas says he doesn’t regret having the kids. ‘They will know what we went through to get them, and how difficult it was, but they will also know that it was worth it.’

More Thomas Beatie:

1. ‘Pregnant Man’ Thomas Beatie Is Done Having Babies!
  2. ‘Pregnant Man’ Thomas Beatie Wants To Be A Surrogate! Would You Let Him Carry Your Babies?
  3. ‘Pregnant Man’ Thomas Beatie Speaks Out About Shiloh: ‘Dressing Like A Boy Doesn’t Mean Shiloh’s Transgender!’

Browse additional

Posted at 1:22 AM on May 9, 2014

axone    axons    ayahs    ayins    azans    azide    azido    azine.

thefts   thegns   theine   theins   theirs   theism   theist
themed. These cheats will add up all thee diamonds and coins that
you need for making your farm.

Kitchenaid Stand mixer

Posted at 12:34 AM on April 11, 2014

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your
website. It’s a very easy onn the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for
me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Excellent work!

kitchenaid stand mixer

Posted at 5:14 AM on April 6, 2014

Hi there, I read your blogs regularly. Yourr humoristic style is witty,
keep uup the good work!

Zapatillas Nike

Posted at 6:51 AM on March 24, 2014

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer
term and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this post and if I could I desire to counsel you few
attention-grabbing issues or tips. Perhaps you could
write next articles relating to this article. I
desire to learn more things approximately it!\

sql code syntax

Posted at 12:04 AM on March 19, 2014

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I may as
well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.

wildstar beta Access

Posted at 3:59 AM on March 5, 2014

I seldom drop remarks, however after reading a few of the remarks on Pregnant Man
Who Gave Birth To 3 Babies Reveals Life At Home – Hollywood Life.

I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.
Could it be only me or do a few of the responses come across like they are coming from brain dead visitors?
:-P And, if you are posting on additional social sites,
I’d like to keep up with you. Would you make a list of the complete urls of your social networking
pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Irish Catholic

Posted at 8:31 AM on December 26, 2013

she or “IT” is not born a male, so therefore she is not a man. She “IT” shouldn’t be consider a male. The truth is that any state of people should go by “sex” ONLY and not gender! The term “Gender” is a false word and should be abolish!

harveen

Posted at 10:35 AM on September 5, 2013

Conagrats thomas what ever they say just listen its ur life you can take your own steps

Spartan

Posted at 12:13 PM on February 18, 2013

What a great news but how is it possible

liveitup

Posted at 9:31 AM on December 8, 2012

don’t listen to what others say, its your life and you choose how to live it, congrats thomas beatie and family!

MerryMarry

Posted at 1:54 PM on November 14, 2012

Poor kids! I hope they can handle the abnormality in their family one day! They are going to be puzzled kids who thinks that a guy can be pregnant :s Adding more craziness to this old world!

charles duke

Posted at 1:40 PM on August 21, 2012

How did thomas wif nancy felt when her husband was pregnant.

latin livesex

Posted at 12:19 PM on July 10, 2012

Normally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, very great post.

gf

Posted at 8:10 PM on July 6, 2012

sup nice post man, i think uve hav put ur point across clearly thankyou

Rita tejiri

Posted at 3:55 PM on June 13, 2012

A man that gave birth to a baby in this world, must be a wizzard

Your Solar Energy Potential

Posted at 1:31 AM on June 4, 2012

Hello there, You have done an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

effective weight loss tips for teenagers

Posted at 6:31 AM on May 31, 2012

Definitely consider that that you said. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the net the simplest thing to be mindful of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other folks think about worries that they plainly do not recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

Christi

Posted at 3:56 PM on April 21, 2012

i feel for all the stuff they have gone through to have these babies its pretty selfish to give up so easy.
for the babies, its gonna be a confusing life enough for them and now they’re gonna make it more confusing outa their selfishness and not tryin good enough.
They hung together through everything else why not keep it up?
And they live in my hometown of Bend Oregon. they’l regret splitn up and the ones that will pay are the kids, why did you have them if you were gonna turn their worlds apart!!!???

Bat Dong San

Posted at 4:07 AM on April 21, 2012

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vibrant clear concept

Vinit

Posted at 7:04 PM on March 16, 2012

MamaI agree with 31337 this second baby is not gonna be a money maker like the first one. I mean we have laaerdy seen it once it will no longer be news. This Thomas Beatie person just needs to go back to his’ previous gender, he is no longer news we can see how much he loves being a woman giving birth and all. Let him stop lying to himself ati he is a man carrying babies in his tummy. He is a woman who wanted to be a man at one time and now circumstances have changed. Simple as that.

Laurie

Posted at 1:03 AM on March 12, 2012

It has nothing to do with ignorance…I am not ignorant. This just ISN’T RIGHT. It’s not the way things were meant to be. If people like you would keep your mouth shut and not say that people are being threatened when they aren’t,
“this world would be much better off”. IDIOT!!

Suzette

Posted at 3:03 PM on March 11, 2012

There are so many ignorant ppl out in the world today & as long as these 3 beautiful children are happy, they’re loved unconditionally then why is it anyones business how these children came to be! That family deserves to live in piece without threats from ppl, just concentrate on your own life & don’t judge anyone elses life & family choices! This world would be much better off if ppl weren’t so damn ignorant! I wish this family nothing but piece & happiness for a long time to come!
Sincerely,
Suzette

LB

Posted at 10:06 AM on March 10, 2012

She is not a man!!!!!!!! How is this so hard for everyone to understand? She has a uterus. She gives birth to children. She is not a man. I could tattoo zebra stripes all over my body and start walking on all fours but that does not make me a zebra. No matter how she disguises her outward appearance, she is still a woman! Period.

Laurie

Posted at 12:03 AM on March 8, 2012

HOW SICK!! NOW I’VE HEARD IT ALL…POOR KIDS WILL REALLY BE SCREWED UP!!

stephanie

Posted at 6:41 PM on March 7, 2012

i dont know why everyone makes a big deal out of this..just because she dresses like a man and looks like one doesnt mean shes a man..shes obviously a female if theres a vagina