'Bachelor' Ben Flajnik Admits: 'I Chose The Wrong Woman'

Wed, March 7, 2012 9:48am EDT by 59 Comments
Ben Flajnik, Courtney Robertson And Lindzi Cox

carol

Posted at 6:48 PM on March 9, 2012

Someone please tell Ben to love his woman .. Let the past be the past ..Do not throw away your heart.. mate ,,for a bunch of petty woman who started all the nasty ness .
Ben if you really look with your heart ,,you’ll see courty is a beautiful person inside and out … I was a lot disapointed by the way you allowed the woman to treat and attack her at the woamn tell all ..They were the mean ones not accepting courty’s i..m sorrys …They are mad that they lost and they are not very nice humans’ …Good thing you pickked courtney she knows how to say sorryhe heserves it …

carol

Posted at 6:40 PM on March 9, 2012

I hope ben give cortney the love she deserves .. The other woman started attacking her first ,,,and i feel she held it together well.. We have to look back at day one ,,anyone could see those two feel in love at first sight ,,,so yes the green monster came into play …. If he is to be honest withhis own heat ,,he would just forget about all the crazy mess on the show and live in real life and just give his true soul mate the love she deserves ..I hope he don’t throw away the woman he adores over a stupid show .. Remember she had to watch her man in the arms oof other woman ..And after all it was a game she was there to win..Ben don’t let such a wonderful woman get away …Remember where your love started and forget the other mean petty woman/…. Good luch hope you make the right choice

Erin

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 9, 2012

I never have watched and never will watch The Bachelor. Research the show and you’ll see it is a scam, very few of these couples have stayed together in a relationship and none who married their partners from the show have stayed married. It is a joke and makea a mockery of marriage.

Q

Posted at 3:50 PM on March 9, 2012

Ben was warned by serveral of the other ladies about Co urtney and he wouldn’t listen. He got what he deservws

Lysette

Posted at 3:49 PM on March 9, 2012

They are perfect for each other. They are both jerks! The other women were all way to good for Ben. Water definitely sunk it’s own level with this pairing. Like attracts like.

Robyn

Posted at 12:13 PM on March 9, 2012

Anyone notice how most of the season Ben barely talked? It was always the girls saying I have feelings for you and him just saying “o really” and I could really seet self with this girl forever

Nicole

Posted at 2:56 AM on March 9, 2012

i love courtney. i hope they work it out.

Ceil

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 9, 2012

Come on now…’Ben has to pretend he’s madly in love with her.’??? REALLY? Fact checking PUH-LEEZ! In the past, the show strongly promotes the couples/bachelor-ettes wanting to go on the record as ‘finding/being in love’, leading up to airing of ‘The Final Rose’. The absence of the bachelor/ette stating in interviews (prior to TFR) that they ARE IN LOVE, HAPPY, words to that effect, wreak of a poor outcome, irrespective of a proposal having been made or not. All evidence points to the fact that a guy thinking with the wrong head, got played, publicly humiliated & decided to give his player a taste of her own medicine (public humiliation) prior to giving her the proverbial heave hoe (pun intended) at the After the Final Rose recap. Personally I’d be the first in line to buy a ticket to see Courtney get drop kicked out of the studio…what a vapid, self-involved succubus. I hope what C-list modeling career she has TANKS as a result of her despicable behavior. Kharma RULES!

Sandy

Posted at 11:26 PM on March 9, 2012

Well said!

Lisa

Posted at 11:05 PM on March 8, 2012

That night in Puerto Rico with the skinny dipping shouldn’t have happened. The moment I seen that episode with Ben going along with Courtney while there were other girls in the house, I felt like Ben sold himself out. The producers should have edited the show to where the other girls in the house found out about the “skinny dipping” and let the girls decide if they thould go home or to stick around. Kind of like in Ashely’s season where that one guy who left with the “dot dot dot” and the guys found out that he flew across the world to see Ashely and she went behind all those guy’s backs to talk to the “dot dot dot” guy, where Micky left at the very end. He should have stayed because I liked him, but I understood his position also for wanting to leave.

Ceil

Posted at 3:39 AM on March 9, 2012

With each new season it becomes blatantly apparent that the producers are no longer interested in the successful pairing of like minded/marriage oriented people. The public response to the cattiest, vilest behavior now drives their instigating venomous cast members (chosen from actors, self-interested/promotional persons/actors) to engage in increasingly extreme, controversial/unethical behavior veiled in the guise of actively pursuing the ‘quarry or game’. Chris Harrison has become a SHILL for pandering to the worst aspects of humanity. Drama & deciet have become the focus & goal of the show, at the expense of deluded applicants who still believe the purpose of the show is what it originally started as. PATHETIC reflection of what our society considers entertainment.

Marilyn Snow

Posted at 1:40 PM on March 8, 2012

I think Ben should choose who HE WANTS TO BE WITH and not what the general public thinks. If we had to agree with what everyone else thought all the time we would never be happy. It IS HIS BED and yes he do have to lie in it, and even though some of us may look at that as a BAD choice, he may be very happy. Whether most of the girls like Courtney or not it’s irrelevent because when it comes down to it they have no say in the matter. I do like Lindzi also but I’m not the one who is proposing. IT IS BEN’S FINAL CHOICE IN THE END AND I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN WHATEVER CHOICE HE MAKES. I have had some harsh words to say about Courney also and I apology to her and her family. The other girls are no different. I think because they had girls to stand with them it made it all the worse for Courtney because there was no one on her side. You always feel braver when you are a part of the majority. Even though she seemed like she stood alone, she still didn’t back down from them. If Ben picks you in the end Courtney I wish you both the best.

Marilyn Snow

Posted at 1:24 PM on March 8, 2012

After watching WTA, I take back every negative that I have said about Courney……………….Has anyone ever thought that maybe Courney was being defensive because the girls didn’t accept her from the beginning. When someone judges me without knowing me I wouldn’t accept their apology afterwards either, because people like that I don’t want to get to know….So I agree with Courtney on not accepting Emily’s apology. AND…..I’m really starting to believe that they were jealous of the attention that she was getting from Ben from the start. Come on people, we all know how catty girls can be. You put all those women ina room WITHOUT COURNEY and you can’t tell me that they all get along. Women are women, It will never change. I think Courtney has a mind of her own, which is a great thing in my opinion, and she didn’t follow the other girls around like little lost puppy’s. When Lindzi came in on her horse the other girls had a few choice words to say, and they never even met the girl. They need to all grow up.

carol

Posted at 7:00 PM on March 9, 2012

I agree Courty is a beautiful person inside and out ..She was saying sorry at the woman tell all ,,and they showed their true colors by being so heartless and mean to courtney. I love courtney ,,Ben did make the best choice.. Courtney knew in her heart Ben was her soul mate ,,,and he knew it too ..Now he wants to be mean to her because of some very petty nonsence started by a bunch of woman who hated courtney cause they knew how much Ben liked or loved her ..My feeling is he feel in love with courtney at fisrt sight and her with him as well .. SO I really feel her kerkey was of defending herself were in good taste * cute she was trying to be funny as they were hurting her feelings at every turn …Courtney handled it well and I for one love her ….Good for her she loved her man and went after him,,,,I hope he can just forget all else but how much he loves her and how much he is attracted to her beauty //Both inside & out ….People will in time forget the show ,,,but as live goes on I hope he does not chose to live with out his soul mate //his heart // his fiance //his woman Please lets pray Ben comes to his sences and see ‘s the other woman for who they really are ..Non forgiving mean ladies

Sandy

Posted at 11:28 PM on March 9, 2012

No she didn’t say sorry for real, she was unable to cry didn’t u see not even a tear, she pretended but obviously horrible acting! She should have practice how to cry.

karynr

Posted at 9:28 AM on March 8, 2012

You’ve got to be kidding me. The only reason Lindzi made it this far is because Courtney knew there was no connection, and was telling Ben who to let go. She made him get rid of all her threats in her quest to “win.” There is absolutely no chemistry or romance between Ben and Lindzi. It’s forced and uncomfortable to watch.

As far as Ben being angry and insulted. How do you think the other women feel? He owes them, and especially Emily, a big apology. Don’t say “I don’t want to end up with someone everyone dislikes”, then go on to treat the other women like crap when they try and warn him.

Another thought….when they got down and dirty in PR I would almost bet she made him commit to picking her in the end. I firmly believe Ben promised her she’d be the last woman standing.

Ben turned out to be a real tool. Worst season ever!

BallzOut

Posted at 10:40 AM on March 8, 2012

Oh I totally agree, Ben wasn’t there to meet the love of his life, he was there to promote his stupid wine and make out with chicks.

I never seen him and Courtney bond over something.
Like Ben and Kacie bonded over that date with the family pics and movies and got to know each other. Ben and Courtney just seemed to make out all the time.

I knew it was game over when they were on a group date and Courtney salked until he gave her the rose. Saying she didn’t know if she wanted to stay and blah blah… I thought oh here we go it’s going to be all about her from now on.

I can’t even call this the wrost season ever… cuz it wasn’t the bachelor, it was more like a high school version

karynr

Posted at 10:44 AM on March 8, 2012

True…but I wold insert one more word. I would call it the skanky high school version of the Bachelor.

karynr

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 8, 2012

Meant would not wold!

Sandy

Posted at 4:23 AM on March 8, 2012

Haha, Courtney stop defending your self under FAKE
NAMES, damage control… It’s way beyond your power. You are a horrible person and you showed your true collors in national tv! I just feel bad for Ben as he is known as the dumbest guy in America as he fell for literarely sh***, even as you keep trying to make everyone think he is still with you, c’mon you know better. Also, try to get a gig, and make some $, you’ll need it , as no one will like to hire you after your 15 min of fame expire. FYI writing good things about you on all websites is not consider a job! Haha

Jean

Posted at 2:08 AM on March 8, 2012

He seemed pretty much a player..really strung the girls along? Courtney has that horrible habit or perhaps a ‘tic’ the way she is constantly pushing her hair back. That will get old QUICK…and also that dumb pucker when she’s thinking.

Jean

Posted at 2:03 AM on March 8, 2012

He seemed pretty much a player..really strung the girls along? Courtney has that horrible habit or perhaps a ‘tic’ the way she is Constantly pushing her

Jill

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 7, 2012

I really think Ben should of listened to what the women in the house were saying about Courtney.. She played Ben from day 1. Ben is a very attractive man and I feel bad for him, but you live and learn, it’s life. He will have no problem finding his “One True Love”. Maybe he should talk to Lindzi and see if they can do what Jason and Molly did… Now look at them.. happily married..you never know. Whatever happens, Ben is a great guy and a very hot catch for it will someone. I wish Ben the best and it will all work out in the end. I think Ben is hot and I would love to meet him.. So how do I get in touch with him? Please let me know, thanks, Jill

Val

Posted at 9:32 AM on March 8, 2012

Watch the show again and notice how cold and unemotional he is with the women, except for Courtney, but he already did the deed and was in lust. Ben is a tool. He comes across as shallow, not likeable at all, boring, dirty looking, mean and cold.

Nicki

Posted at 9:34 AM on March 8, 2012

Anyone who would want Ben is a masochist. The guy is a jerk and proved it on national tv. It had nothing to do with his edit. He is a jerk.

Michellebea

Posted at 7:06 PM on March 7, 2012

I thought he should of chose kacey b she was perfect for him! I stopped watching it after she went home. I was so appalled that he would send her home because of what her parents said to him. The way they acted together was different than the way he acted with any of the other girls! The worst season of the bachelor yet!

Texbabe54

Posted at 6:01 PM on March 7, 2012

I didn’t watch any of this year’s show because, are you kidding me? That scruffy-looking, floppy-haired “Bachelor” looks like a gardener. He’s so ugly, I’m amazed all these beautiful women would lower themselves to get a marriage proposal from him.

Kaye

Posted at 7:51 PM on March 7, 2012

LOL, I agree..even though he’s rich..those girls should still consider themselves lucky and I wish all of them luck and common sense when finding their future husband.

Whatever

Posted at 4:02 PM on March 7, 2012

He has to be the most naive man on the planet or this is all just an act to boost the ratings.

gbtw

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 8, 2012

men aren’t naive. they’re “sex addicts.”

kougie757

Posted at 3:45 PM on March 7, 2012

hate to break it to hollywoodlife, gossip central, but ben and courtney are still together, and have not broken up, there have been issues but none to the extent HL is claiming, breaking up hasn’t even been talked about

jj

Posted at 11:02 PM on March 7, 2012

Agree wit yu, courtney is real, does other grls re jelous of her

gwen01

Posted at 1:55 PM on March 7, 2012

really Ben, after all the warnings u got and now you make this statement. You were definately the worst bachelor ever. Never have I seen anyone run headon into the nuthouse faster than you did and you had your pick of decent women. You wanted the drama and why you threatened one woman and warned her to watch what she says only to listen to this sociopath talk about the girls in the house just shows how dumb you are. I think you should marry courtney and I think that the other women dodged a bullit when you sent them home. I have no idea why you were chosen for this season and the only thing I was willing to watch was the Women tell all, and some clips on entertainment sites because I was just so furious that you were on as the bachelor. When Jake kept ditching good women for Vienna it became clear that he had a motive and that was “pick the most hated girl so that when he ditched her, people would understand.” It was all part of just getting himself into hollywood. Vienna really didn’t deserve to be treated so badly by Jake and while we were all confused as to why Jake would send home women so clearly suited for him, it was all made clear when the time came to dump Vienna. It was very easy for him to make her look like the villian and that was something he could not do with the other girls. But you, you picked this woman for absolutely no reason, you threatened other women to basically shut up if they tried to warn you and now your sorry..nah, not buying it. Your a loser and I don’t believe for one second your a decent guy. do not do bachelor pad please, most of us are really sick of u.

gbtw

Posted at 3:50 PM on March 7, 2012

haha… i LOVE your take on ridiculous jake! i’m not sure if i give jake enough credit/smarts to have planned that all out, but yuo could just be right! (i actually didn’t mind vienna too much- despite her childishness at times.) ben is ridiculous, and ugly- so i really don’t get why they chose him either. i have a theory about the plotting by the producers/editors, and maybe they chose a chump to play a role in their little game— cuz nobody believes a bachelor can find a mate here anymore, so maybe they were just trying to get a fresh angle to keep viewers interested. maybe ben has a breach of good faith and fair dealing claim if they set this whole thing up just as a rouse for ratings…

just me

Posted at 3:53 PM on March 7, 2012

AMEN!!!

Sheryl

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 8, 2012

Amen! The guy is a loser with a capital L!

Your comments about Jake made sense. Another Bachelor I could not stand. The guy is seething with anger and arrogance. Ben has the arrogance, but he’s another one who’s not very bright. I didn’t mind Vienna. The difference between Vienna and Courtney is, Vienna showed emotions….a heart. Courtney doesn’t have one.

Ben and Courtney deserve each other. A match made in heaven! Two shallow narcissists! Until one of them dumps the other right after the Final Rose special. I imagine they’ll fulfill their contractual obligations, then the break-up will happen.

Christienne

Posted at 1:40 PM on March 7, 2012

Can’t believe I’m commenting on this, but I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Actually, I think Courtney was the only “real” person on the show. The girls were there as competitors and not to be friends and pretend to be happy while they watched each other make out with the same guy is just stupid and fake. I hope he sticks with her, but if not she is completely right–there are other fish in the sea. She is smart. Could she be nicer? Sure, but if he wanted “nice” he would have gone for someone else.

Angela

Posted at 3:37 PM on March 7, 2012

Well put, christienne! Seems like there are some common sense people out there! I think if women cant see what the show is all about and exhibit that kind of hate for a person that didnt rape, steal, or hurt someone in thier family…then they have issues! Serious ones!

Kelly

Posted at 6:12 PM on March 7, 2012

Courtney was so annoying and childish…..you could tell she wasn’t into ben at all, it was all a game to her….and i don’t know how any of the other girls said that they loved him because he was sooo boring! Courtney obviously went on for more fame or to help her modeling career….if you don’t think so then you are crazy

san

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 7, 2012

Agree!

jj

Posted at 11:10 PM on March 7, 2012

Agree wit yu? Courtney is real, does other grls re jt jelous of her

j

Posted at 11:14 PM on March 7, 2012

Agree wit yu

Peter

Posted at 11:44 AM on March 7, 2012

Ben is an idiot. Such an idiot that he deserves Courtney. The other girls were lucky not to be picked and, hopefully, will find better men. Courtney is evil. Unfortunately, that trait will serve her well in Hollywood and her modeling career. She can now capitalize on being the villainess that she truly is.

beth

Posted at 10:57 AM on March 7, 2012

Sorry guys. Insiders who were at the Taping of “After the Final Rose” say they are still going strong and are blissfully happy. In fact they are together this whole week at some kind of “Safe House”. I wish it wasn’t so, but even Ben himself keeps tweeting “Don’t believe the rumors. I am VERY happy and in love with the woman I chose.” I wish he would pull a Jason Meznick and do the old Switcheroo….but sadly he leaves with Courtney. Hopefully once they are under the harsh glare of REAL Reality this whole thing will unravel pretty quickly, a la Jake and Vienna. Ben is too immature to “not care” about what other people think. Lindzy dodged a bullet. This guy is about as ready to get married as The Pope!

gwen01

Posted at 1:56 PM on March 7, 2012

personally I would be thrilled if he is still with Courtney. No two people deserve each other more than these two. I hope he gets her pregnant and is really stuck with her.

gbtw

Posted at 3:53 PM on March 7, 2012

haha… tho i like the concept of him being stuck with her, you shouldn’t wish such hateful things on an unborn child.

jessica

Posted at 10:42 AM on March 8, 2012

Funny, but I wouldn’t wish those two on innocent children. They’re both too narcissistic and can you imagine that witch raising a child!!?? I can just hear it now….Courtney telling her kids that it’s all right to bully other people, as long as they’re “winning!”

Monica

Posted at 6:13 PM on March 7, 2012

Did you not see after the final rose….courtney said “i cared for ben” obviously whatever fake thing they had is over

Dee

Posted at 10:02 AM on March 7, 2012

Love is blind. I think that Ben was so blinded by the fact that he had an immediate attraction to Courtney and that she lit up the room when she around… but so did many of the other women! I really do think that now looking back, that if Ben did choose Courtney, that he really went with the woman where he felt the strongest connection. Unfortunately for him, the connection was actually manipulation. I’m sorry Ben…but you were warned several times, by smart and strong women that cared for you, but you chose to ignore their warnings, so I fear this this is self inflicted pain:(

Katlyn

Posted at 12:10 PM on March 9, 2012

Courtney reminds me of a way uglier version of Jessica Simpson… Anyone else?!