'Jane By Design' Spring Finale Recap: Billy Tells Jane He Loves Her

Tue, March 6, 2012 10:35pm EDT by 51 Comments

At least, he tries to! What did you think of the episode’s epic final moment?

The spring finale of Jane By Design was a night of ups and downs for our boy Billy (Nick Roux). It began with him getting bailed out of jail and sentenced to several months at a youth detention facility, but ended with the jaw-dropping confession we’ve waited 10 long weeks to hear. So are he and Jane (Erica Dasher) going to live happily ever after? Yeah, right. Like it would ever be that easy.

Billy’s confession — curiously inspired by his hot-yet-troubled brother Tommy — was interrupted by Jane’s hot-yet-misguided co-worker Jeremy (Rowly Dennis), who was just about tell Jane the same thing before he himself was interrupted by a text message from Gray’s (Andie MacDowell) hot-yet-evil ex-husband Beau. Oh, did I mention that Jeremy has been leaking Donovan Decker’s designs to Beau this whole time? Because he has. And he sucks.

Unfortunately it was India (India de Beaufort) who took the fall for Jeremy, as Jane accused her of stealing the company’s look book, just like she stole Jane’s wedding sketches. It made sense at the time — hence Gray firing her on the spot — but the minute we found out India was innocent, I wanted to reach through the TV and give her a hug. I know, I know. She bites. But that’s how badly I felt!

And what of Prince Dreamy himself, Nick Fadden (Matthew Atkinson)? He tried his best to explain his kiss with Lulu (Meagan Tandy), but no matter how he spun it, the fact remained: He still kissed Lulu. And Jane, despite her own questionable judgment at times, couldn’t forgive him.

Additional gold stars go to Jane’s big brother Ben (David Clayton Rogers), who did three awesome things this week: He taught sex ed using Barbie dolls, he stood up for Billy in court, and most importantly, he allowed Jane to continue working at Donovan Decker. It turns out he’s still baby bunny-level adorable, even when he’s not romancing Rita.

What did you think of the game-changing spring finale of Jane By Design? Were you sad when India got fired? Were you bummed when Nick got turned down? And, most importantly, how do you think Jane will respond to Billy’s confession — and Jeremy’s interruption? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Jane By Design updates

Mikaela appleberry

Posted at 2:45 AM on March 10, 2012

I think jane should choose billy, because he is nixe,smart,hot,and sexy and in previous episodes you can tell billy originally wanted to kiss her…i think the episode was called the lookbook.

Patsy

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 9, 2012

Did anyone else catch the fact that in the classroom scene where Nick tries to apologize to Billy, Nick calls him Ben? I played it three times to make sure, but yep, he says, “Hey, Ben.” I’m so surprised no one from the show caught it and re-shot that scene!

Hannah

Posted at 11:55 PM on March 10, 2012

I totally noticed that! I can’t believe the directors of the show didn’t catch it.

Nazari

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 9, 2012

I think it’s going to be Billy! <3 If not, probably a "just be friends" speech because Jeremy is WAY too old for her!!!! But then again, who cares? :P

ABCFamily

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 9, 2012

I’m so happy to find so many fans of the show here! Who would have thought that poor Jane would end up getting herself into such a love triangle?! I’m totally torn between wanting her to be with Billy and wanting them to just be friends. I really liked Nick too! I just wish he hadn’t kissed Lulu. I suppose we’ll all just have to wait and see what happens, and who Jane chooses. What if she doesn’t choose any of them? And in terms of her career path, any predictions on her next move in Donovan Decker?

REGINA HAUN

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 8, 2012

I truly love this show!!!!!! It is something my kids and I can watch together and not be horrified by too much adult content. It has a great storyline. My daughter and I would anxiously await each and every episode so I sure hope there will be a season 2 and if anybody has the scoop on when that season might start please dish!

AN AWESOME FAMILY FRIENDLY SHOW…LUV IT!!!!!!!!!

11thrain22

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 8, 2012

I absolutely love Jane and Billy together. I mean, they’re obviously made for eachother. Their chemistry is just brilliant. And besides, what a cool story they would have to tell their children someday.

Carrie

Posted at 6:02 PM on March 8, 2012

OMG!!! This episode was so good. I want to watch it over and over again. I want to see the next episodes. I am so excited to see what happens to Billy and Jane. I hope she will pick him. If she won’t I will very mad. I really hope Nick won’t be in the picture again. He is an ass hole. I liked Jane and Nick together. I just wonder who she is going to pick. Maybe she will say I have to think about it or something like that. I was so surprised to that she is between Billy and Jeremy. I thought it would Billy and Nick. I am really like this show. It is so cute. I just love Jane’s style. It is so cute. I love the music in it too.

Karmy

Posted at 4:46 PM on March 8, 2012

Hey guys…I forgot to say something very important…as Gray said…Ben is really cute, isn’t he?…I like this character more and more and I think that writers think the same as me because episode after episode he is becoming one of the most important characters of the show, especially yesterday…the guy is really handsome and charming and not as silly as the beginning of the show

Karmen

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 8, 2012

Jeremy’s almost confession was something I already saw it coming since India stole Jane’s wedding dress design and he broke up with her…India could be a bitch but she was reaally in love with Jeremy although she was pretending he was just an affair…she’s ambitious, arrogant…but people who works in the fashion business use to be like her!…I felt sorry for her and I had the feeling for first time she is not as bad as she seems to be. I liked Jeremy but when we discovered he’s a jerk I changed my mind :>)). I don’t think the age difference is a barrier when a couple is truly in love…but I don’t think Jeremy is really in love with Jane…he maybe feels drawn to her innocence and terderness, but all that not change the fact that is a real asshole ;>))
Billy and Jane? I’m sorry but I don’t like either the idea being together as a couple…He is really in love with her but she is not at the moment…she’s still in love with Nick -another jerk guy-. If she is a smart girl, she has to say “NOOOOOO” to both Jeremy and Billy right now…she has to take her time to discover if she has feelings for Billy. Is there any “Jane by desing’s” writer around…all of we are giving you good ideas ;>))

Courtney

Posted at 3:10 PM on March 8, 2012

Wow that episode was amazing! My opinion on the whole Billy and Jane thing is I hope they end up together! And when Billy told Nick off in class was great! I found myself yelling at the tv through that whole episode lol! Does anyone know when its supposed to come back on?

Jane

Posted at 11:51 AM on March 8, 2012

I dont like the idea of billy and jane being together. Theyre friends, best friends, and if they break up it will effect their friendship. I truely believe that they should wait on acting on any feelings until they are out of high school and on the path to a sucessful career. Jane’s job is already going to be taking up time, It will cause trouble.

I dont like Jeremy, he’s too old. I like Nick, but not after he kissed Lulu.

Cierra

Posted at 6:55 PM on March 7, 2012

Jane and Billy are gonna be together forever and who better to date then your best friend. Billy won’t get hurt and either will Jane.I also feel bad for India being that she got fired. Jeremy is too old and he is a jerk for giving there designs to someone else.As for Nick he can die stop messing with Jane’s emotions!

didi

Posted at 7:14 PM on March 7, 2012

cierra, i am now your biggest fan i totally agree with you!!!!

didi

Posted at 6:53 PM on March 7, 2012

i knew it was jeremy… i just had that gut feeling and did you catch billys face expression when jeremy inturupted… i dont care if billys confession is “too soon” if i had a guy like billy(that encludees good looking)forget everything else. its obvious they were made for each other. yeah ben was amazing, i cried, but i also cried and cursed out jermey when he inturupted billy and jane… how old is he anyway? and if she has a hard time choosing… i probobly wont like her anymore. like HELLOOOOO, CHOOSE BILLY!

Ashley

Posted at 5:39 PM on March 7, 2012

I am so glad billy told Jane he loves her and I hope they end up together.

ABCFamily

Posted at 3:45 PM on March 7, 2012

Even though everyone’s talking about all the love confessions in last night’s episode, what about how cute Ben was?! I think his moments were my favorite! When he showed up to the fashion show, I just about had a heart attack, but then his talk with Jane at the end brought a tear to my eye. I wonder if anything will change between the two now that her secret is out?

Cam

Posted at 3:42 PM on March 7, 2012

I don’t really think she likes Billy like that, and then she’ll try to get his friendship back because then things will be awkward between them. I still think she likes Nick because her face looked so hurt when Billy told her he kissed Lulu. I was so surprised it was Jeremy though! I can’t believe that! As much as I hated India, it was kind of sad seeing her walk out when she didn’t do it. They have to get Nick and Jane together though and soon! Because the thing with Billy and Jane happened way too soon, I agree.

Benjamin Raucher

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 7, 2012

Interesting

Benjamin Marcus Raucher

Amelia

Posted at 10:52 AM on March 7, 2012

Nickkkkkkkk!!!!! He seriously needs to be involved in janes love life! I dont want him to give up yet. Jeremy should pay for what he did and india well someone more evil should take her place and then finally Billy should end up in love with someone thats not jane!!! Because i am going to cry if Billy gets hurt.

Vera

Posted at 6:16 AM on March 7, 2012

I am kind of disappointed with what this episode turned out to be… I was already predicting what billy was going to say during the episode and I think I was right, and jemery, if it wasn’t india, then it needed to be one of the good guys… really predictable for me. For the first time, I don’t ship Jane with anyone, billy and her should stay friends, with nick and jeremy the same thing, at least for a while, if they really need to be together, he could just realize after a long time.

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:53 AM on March 7, 2012

I don’t know, I think I like her with Nick. But I agree the Billy thing happened a little quickly.

And I was kind of surprised it was Jeremy. I was thinking Carter! (It’s always the quiet ones…)

Sophie

Posted at 10:53 AM on March 7, 2012

Yh me 2! Couldnt believe it was jeremy

Patsy

Posted at 7:45 PM on March 9, 2012

I was thinking the same thing, Andy!

Jess

Posted at 12:16 AM on March 7, 2012

Jane probably isn’t going to choose billy it’s way to soon for them to get together in the show. They’ll find a way to drag out the will-they-or-won’t-they thing for a million years or jane will reject billy and be trying to win him back as friend for the second half of the season

Tee

Posted at 12:07 AM on March 7, 2012

JANE AND BILLY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:54 AM on March 7, 2012

Haha, you must be VERY happy after last night’s episode.

emily

Posted at 11:39 PM on March 6, 2012

Who did jane end up with?

Anny

Posted at 11:43 PM on March 6, 2012

The answer to this will be next season apparently

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:53 AM on March 7, 2012

We’ll find out this summer ;)

Miss Sarcasm

Posted at 11:29 PM on March 6, 2012

As cuh-yute as Jeremy is, he’s evil and Jane is a minor. I liked Nick a lot, and he was great, but he doesn’t really understand Jane and her job. Billy is great, but don’t think she’ll be able to choose. After all, happy endings don’t keep.your show on the air…

Anny

Posted at 11:45 PM on March 6, 2012

I hope they brink Nick back in the picture…but 3 guys trying for her affections will be a bit too much…so..he will be probably the one that will be suffering in the backburner for a while :(

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:54 AM on March 7, 2012

I don’t think Jeremy and Jane will get together. When he eventually finds out the truth about her, it’ll create a roadblock, I’m sure.

Anny

Posted at 11:08 PM on March 6, 2012

Also, i forgot….RIP Nick Fadden LOL :(

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:55 AM on March 7, 2012

Hahaha, he’s not DEAD! :)

Anny

Posted at 11:31 AM on March 7, 2012

We’ll have to see about that lol ahah

Anny

Posted at 11:07 PM on March 6, 2012

The choice is not between bestfriend and old dude. Wow…very original ABCfamily UGH I’m too disappointed to write anything good right now…..

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:55 AM on March 7, 2012

To be fair, I don’t think she’s really into either one of them. She’s still all about Nick, even if she won’t admit it to herself.

Anny

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 7, 2012

If it’s how you say that would make sense, because for her to jump ship so soon would be weird, but i don’t know..she seemed kinda floored by Jeremy. I guess we’ll see in the next half of the season.