Lily Collins Interview: She Talks About Taylor Lautner For The First Time Since Their Split

Mon, March 5, 2012 11:04am EDT by 498 Comments
Lily Collins Talks About Taylor Lautner In Seventeen Interview

Nelly

Posted at 12:02 PM on April 17, 2012

Taylor’s fame came suddenly and it doesn’t give him time to gain more experience, is the opposite of other actors who for years did small roles before a succes. It’s not bad idea that he plays second roles for a while, it’s a great way to stay current on-screen and improve his acting skills at the same time.

Rx Queen

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 17, 2012

I wish I knew more about the grown ups 2 role. I didn’t bother seeing the first one so in going in blind here.

karma

Posted at 10:16 AM on April 17, 2012

I like all these comments right now.I’m glad that were back talking about his work effort instead of bringing up his personal life and looking at everything negative!

Winnie

Posted at 5:34 PM on April 16, 2012

But i heard he isn’t a main character so he won’t have to be there for all of grown ups 2.

Posted at 5:58 PM on April 16, 2012

He isn’t a main character but I think the frat boys as a group will have a main role since they’re supposed to be going “head to head” with Adam Sandler’s character. So we might see a lot of him in the movie, but most likely in a group not on his own.

penelope

Posted at 4:48 PM on April 16, 2012

hey Alright, I like your comments too!
some updates :
Grown ups2:Filming will start the first week in May and continue through Aug. 9, 2012, Taylor will finish shooting it before BD part 2 promo starts and then got the time to shoot the Gus Van Sant movie in spring 2013 before GU2 promo starts! So don’t worry people is going to work hard to become the actor he always wanted to be!

Posted at 5:55 PM on April 16, 2012

Thank you aswell! :)

CrystalC

Posted at 10:45 PM on April 16, 2012

Awesome update! Thanks for the news Penelope! I was getting a little worried there for a second…esp after hearing about the Adam Sandler role. But as long as he’s still doing the Gus Van Sant role then I’m happy. ^_^

I actually think that Taylor has great potential as an actor, and that all he needs is for a really good director to take him under his wing, show him the ropes, and guide him in perfecting his craft….sort of like what Scorsese was to Leonardo DiCaprio. Taylor definitely has the determination and the work ethic to be really good. He just needs more experience.

Unfortunately though, because of his natural good looks and “heart throb” status, so many are quick to discredit him due to jealousy and downright envy. They figure that they can’t really make fun of his persona (he’s never in the news for bad behavior, DUI’s, drugs and alcohol), his personality (he’s always such a gentleman and a sweetheart to fans and interviewers), OR his looks and physique (he’s got the body of an Adonis lol, and girls young and old think he’s “hot”)…so what’s left to pick on?? Oh right…his acting skills. Leo went through the SAME exact thing after “Titanic” made tons of money and shot him into the stratosphere. But you know what? Now Leo is one the most highly bankable and respected young actors in Hollywod. My…..how times change lol.

So, I have faith in Taylor that if he plays his cards right, he’ll be able to star in a film that REALLY showcases the talent that he’s capable of eventually. :-)

Tyler

Posted at 11:07 PM on April 16, 2012

Leo was a cad and I can’t think of anything I’ve seen recently that he’s in. Not that he hasn’t done anything it’s just that I haven’t seen it. Shrugs. Please don’t say romcoms because that explains it…I hate romcoms.

gina

Posted at 12:19 AM on April 17, 2012

If you haven’t seen movies of he semi sorta new and new new that man has come a long way from that heart throb era. The dude is a beast of a actor no longer a cutzie face. I know he had a recent movie that came out not to long ago but I didn’t see it though many claimed it was a riveting performance. Shutter Island, Inception,Blood Diamonds, Aviator those were oscar worthy he did receive oscar noms….I’m not one of those females who ever had a crush on Leo I’m more a fan of his work.lol Just like Dicaprio once TL breaks out of his heartthrob phase and picks work thats grounbreaking he’ll have a lonnnngggggg career he already has the potential then maybe those so called critics will respect him more as an actor.

CrystalC

Posted at 8:22 AM on April 17, 2012

Exactly Gina!

And Tyler (or anyone else), if you haven’t really seen a lot of Leo’s work, you definitely should go see some of his work! I’ve been following his career for a long time, and yes….I did have a crush on him when I was younger, and he still holds a special place in my heart. But I know good talent when I see it, and Taylor reminds me of Leo in the fact that they seem to want to work HARD to get to where they want to be.

Leo worked HARD to shed that “pretty boy” image, and it finally happened. That may mean that TL may have to choose some edgier roles…maybe to the dismay of some of his younger teenage fans, but in the long-run, I think it would help him grow as an actor. In fact, just a switch in role would be a good change for him. For example, he usually plays the under dog, or the loyal sweet guy…aka…the “hero”. Well, what if he played the BAD guy? The NOT SO “likable” guy in a new film? That would be a change and would help to stretch his legs a little bit. Then people would come to see that “oh, he’s versatile!” He can play the guy you love, and also the guy you love to hate lol.

I think Taylor has it in him.

I agree…rom coms aren’t the best for him right now….But a romantic drama like “The Notebook” would be nice for Taylor. But again….it probably wouldn’t help him shed the “pretty boy” image though. :-/

Who knows what his next move may be? Either way, I think he has plenty of time to make some GOOD decisions. He’s still young. Maybe even doing some indie films for a little bit would help him gain some clout.

aquarius64

Posted at 3:26 PM on April 17, 2012

DiCaprio’s most recent film was “J. Edgar”. He didn’t get an Oscar non for it but it received a lot of critical acclaim.

penelope

Posted at 5:48 AM on April 17, 2012

You welcome Alright and Crystal I totally agree with you!
can’t bear anymore people who only criticize him! He’s young he has the time to show us all his talent!

CrystalC

Posted at 8:28 AM on April 17, 2012

Yes Penelope, I totally agree! Taylor has a lot of time to grow as an actor. It just baffles me that some people are so hard on him sometimes smh…. :-/

gina

Posted at 11:35 AM on April 17, 2012

@ CrystalC
I totally agree with u. I think critics and some people are trying to only categorize only as a pretty by who knows how to do stunts, they are not looking at the fact that he can breakout and do other other things that he wants to. I understand he has amajor teen fanbase which leo did as well but I think TL will always appreciate them no what but, he’s suggesting sublety that he growing up and wants to try different roles. I think that’s something the fans have to understand.
Seeing Taylor play a bad guy in film would be interesting. There was a rumor going around that his role in the GVS film his character is supposedly a sexcrazed drug addict. Shocking but I’m very interested to him play this if this is true.

Nelly

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 16, 2012

**@Alright I like your comments, If I want to know about TL recent news I read this forum, no matter if @Aquiarious is sometimes like bringing a pebble in the shoe.

Posted at 4:02 PM on April 16, 2012

Thank you! :)

Nelly

Posted at 2:10 PM on April 16, 2012

@Alright I like your comments. If I want to know about TL news I read this forum, no matter if @Aquarius is like bringing a stone in the shoe.

kk

Posted at 10:55 PM on April 15, 2012

Condon’s reshoots should not take long and may not involve TL. If so, there will be “TL sightings” in VC. Grownups may be next on the to-do list, but Incarceron looks more interesting. Disney productions would be a good direction for him too as it did wonders for tom hanks.

Betty

Posted at 12:58 AM on April 16, 2012

I thought they said incarceron was left in the freezer because of how abduction did in the states? Bloggers were already saying it was crappy series which would lead to crappy movies starring someone who proved to be a crappy actor. It p!ssed me off but Remember though, the critics really hated abduction and they have the biggest platform. It’s not right but that’s the way it works.

Betty

Posted at 1:02 AM on April 16, 2012

I also thought they might have wanted Agron for that movie and were just waiting for her glee stint to end but she’s confirmed for season four. Don’t they only get a couple of weeks free here and there and then about a month and a half off in summer?

CrystalC

Posted at 3:56 PM on April 16, 2012

Hmmm….I wonder why they need to reshoot some scenes in the movie?? I thought they had already finished filming BD Part 1 & 2???

Posted at 4:22 PM on April 16, 2012

Reshoots happen in every movie. Bill said in his statement that they have been editing the film footage for months. However, if the director realizes during the editing process that a scene needs to be redone or could have been done better then reshoots will take place. This always happens in movies. Like kk said it shouldn’t take long, and only the actors that are needed in that scene will return, therefore there’s a good chance that Taylor will not have to go.

CrystalC

Posted at 10:27 PM on April 16, 2012

Ooh….ok. Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering why sometimes characters or actors will be looking kind of different in some scenes and stuff throughout the movie lol.

Posted at 6:53 PM on April 15, 2012

@HMMMM
yes, whenever I look through Twitter for TL sightings there are always people who say that they saw a look-alike. But I only pay attention to the ones who really saw him. Since the girl said that a photo was taken with him, i would imagine she couldn’t make that up.

HMMMM

Posted at 4:12 PM on April 15, 2012

Wow lot of sightings this weekend is he in Michigan some rumors were spreading that he was at Opryland for Twi-Con in Nashville(not true) somebody tweeted that he was at this place called John’s somewere in Cali.So many sightings of him but no proof. there is alot case of look-a-likes.

Mel

Posted at 5:33 PM on April 15, 2012

Long time listener first time caller. It seems like people are randomly just stating that they’ve seen him in the randomest of places! That happens every once in a blue moon. It’s just odd and no one ever has any proof.

kk

Posted at 1:22 PM on April 15, 2012

@alright thanks! I had already guessed that Sara was not with TL in MI LOL. She’s predictable. IMO LC seems to see herself as a privileged teen fashion model-debutante, constantly validating her acting parts as “luck” and shopping at flea markets (in Beverly Hills?). LC’s self-deprecation has proven phoney by the way she has reportedly treated others and her moneyed contacts have made her career easy to buy. But really, how hard is it to act for $$$$$$ in a 2 month movie production compared to other jobs? LOL -you bloggers know.By contrast,Selena,TS have made it based on her own hard work/talent.Anyway, real acting talent has lasting power and I wish TL the best.

Posted at 1:03 PM on April 15, 2012

@Kat
No Madison Pettis is an actress, that pic that she posted was from the Kids Choice Awards at the beginning of the month. Look up a pic of her arrival at the Award show and you’ll see she looks exactly the same. She and her friend, Ariel who’s also an actress met him backstage.

Posted at 1:08 PM on April 15, 2012

If you don’t remember who Madison Pettis is…she was on Disney Channel for a couple years and I remember she was in a movie called the Game Plan with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Sally

Posted at 3:23 PM on April 15, 2012

Ariel is from Modern Family! And Madison is one of those Disney channel kids. She came out like once on Hannah Montana and the. Had a bigger role on Cory in the House. Then like Alright said she’s been on the big screen too.

Kat

Posted at 7:28 PM on April 15, 2012

Never heard of them before. I don’t watch kiddy stuff.

Posted at 7:59 PM on April 15, 2012

Neither do I, but if you had gone on Madison Pettis’s twitter then you would have seen that it is verified and in the description box under her name there is a short biography of the shows and movies she has done.

Kat

Posted at 12:52 PM on April 15, 2012

He’s not in Michigan. Well, at least not anymore. There’s a new fan pic, check MadisonPettis22’s twitter.

Kat

Posted at 12:53 PM on April 15, 2012

I mean, unless she’s in Michigan, but her location says LA, so…

Posted at 12:32 PM on April 15, 2012

Bill Condon, the director of Breaking Dawn, released a statement that everyone will be heading back to Vancouver at the end of April to the beginning of May to film reshoots.

asdfghk

Posted at 12:27 PM on April 15, 2012

Interesting if Taylor is in Detroit then he maybe going to the Stanly Cup Playoffs since his hometown team is playing today.

Posted at 10:33 AM on April 15, 2012

@kk
No Sara tweeted about being in the dressing room at work. She’s talking about the boutique “Ignition” where she works in Valencia. So I guess she’s not with him if Taylor has been in Michigan. And yes I made a mistake, Lily is the daughter of Jill Travelman not Joan Collins. And yes the producers and casting directors are very lazy and ignorant when it comes to scouting for fresh faces that aren’t famous, but are way more talented. It’s unfortunate.

Me

Posted at 11:36 AM on April 15, 2012

Which is why I get upset when they call noobs like LC and various others, A-listers. If by A-lister you mean name dropping, riding someone else’s coattails or sleeping your way to the top then sure! A-listers all around!
Oh and I agree that Sara only tweets juicy confusing stuff when she knows people saw her with TL and the rest of her stuff is mind numbing at best. I bet that if she knew people knew he was in Michigan she’d do a lights out and ‘come back’ once TL was seen back in Cali just to imply that she may or may not have been with him. So sad.

Kat

Posted at 11:31 PM on April 15, 2012

My thoughts EXACTLY, bravo.

Alicia

Posted at 10:24 AM on April 15, 2012

David Henrie said that he starts filming in a month or so. That means that TL will probably start around that time too since they play frat buddies.

kk

Posted at 6:09 AM on April 15, 2012

@alright I appreciate your latest info and maybe TL has real estate in MI as well as family.And Sara was not with him?LOL Lily is not Joan Collins daughter LOL. LC has been a resident of Serra Towers million-dollar condos for years which makes it hard to ever believe she’s a “working girl” or a debutante teen. (LC was with TL well before Aug’10) As school ends, there are tons of graduating/unemployed talented, young women who could have used acting job$$ instead of LC who already has money. Hollywood recycles old famous names using their children – not spreading the wealth around nor scouting for real talent. As for TL, he’s a young guy and naturally will be out with different faces (I hope). He should be in MA soon with the new production & I wish him the best.

aquarius64

Posted at 9:21 AM on April 15, 2012

I am curious about his role in Grown Ups 2. Nothing more has been said about it, whether it’s a cameo or a substantial role. I hope it’s not PR BS from his team, making it out to be more than what it is. If it’s just a cameo, or a very minor role he will be beaten up more than he was in Abduction. The meme would be he took this gig because he had bills to pay. Hollywood and the serious critics have vitually put his career on a downward spiral, especially compared to Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Abduction tanked domestically, he’s been dumped from Stretch Armstrong, and nothing more is heard about the Gus Van Sant project. A meager role validates the criticism. I hope it’s a good part because a well done dramatic or comedic performance could lauch him to a whole new level.

Trisha

Posted at 3:58 AM on April 15, 2012

Sigh. Why can’t he be spotted in south Texas? Lol Darn, I knew I should have gone with my cousin to visit her best friend’s family in Michigan! Not that it would be anywhere near him just that living here makes all cities in other states seem closer!

Posted at 12:53 AM on April 15, 2012

And Aquarius please don’t try and pick an argument with me. I know you love confrontation, but I would rather not annoy people on here by being lured into your petty insults. This thread isn’t about you, it’s about Taylor. He’s been seen in Michigan and I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about that.

aquarius64

Posted at 1:56 AM on April 15, 2012

Not intimidating you? Then why did you bother to respond you little ditz? I’m immature? You want to sit here and LIE about those comments I made. I wouldn’t and didn’t make them in the slant you made because you’re not worth prison. Besides I would have been barred from here if those threats were real, and you know it. Don’t act like you’re taking the high road here; you went low early on when you took a shot at me.

This is a TL thread, but you want it if everyone espouses YOUR viewpoints only. First Amendment allows me to say my opinions good, bad or ugly; you don’t like it take it up with Congress. But before you do, change the Huggie you soiled and calm yourself by putting a binky in your mouth, LITTLE GIRL.

Posted at 2:26 AM on April 15, 2012

I’ve been trying to be polite this entire time, but you obviously haven’t gotten the message yet, so let me make it clearer for you…

SHUT THE F. U. C. K. UP ALREADY!

Take your “first amendment” right, your opinions, and your attitude and shove it up your A. S. S.!

larry

Posted at 8:55 AM on April 15, 2012

your on about the views of other being forced upon you and the first amendment yet you wont let other voice there opinions without shooting them down so what about our first amendment rights ???

aquarius64

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 15, 2012

You can voice your opinions all you want. you go over the line when it gets personal on the comments. And I fire back when I’m fired on first.

Sally

Posted at 6:41 AM on April 16, 2012

Yet many comments don’t cross a line or are personal yet u still fire at others

aquarius64

Posted at 12:22 AM on April 15, 2012

@Alright,

Still trying to sell that lie that I threaten to physically harm you when you know full well those were figures of speech? When all else fails paint yourself as a would-be crime victim to get sympathy or get someone to back off on a position you don’t like. Not going to work, little girl, neither will digs at my perceived personal life.

aquarius64

Posted at 12:24 AM on April 15, 2012

Sorry for this post, thought the earlier one went away.

Posted at 12:37 AM on April 15, 2012

No no no Aquarius. I guess you have selective memory. that was a couple of threads ago. I’m talking about on the last major thread you threatened me AGAIN. Not like I care, you’re not intimidating anyone through a computer screen no matter how much you try so keep on hating!

Posted at 12:48 AM on April 15, 2012

Oh and you have no business calling me “little girl” when you know very well that you have no place to talk to people in a condescending way. Continue to display your immaturity towards me and irrational hatred towards any subject concerning TL, I’m sure someone will find it charming. You’re not a fan of him and that is widely known, and you don’t have to be a buttkisser to be a fan. so then why do you come on these forums anyway? I guess we’ll never know.

a

Posted at 11:14 PM on April 14, 2012

Of coarse you don’t worship celebs. your more of a obsessed with them even more then your own personal life or do you even have one?

aquarius64

Posted at 11:32 PM on April 14, 2012

Certainly do. And still have time to come and comment. Again I won’t write fluffy comments on a subject when I don’t feel it’s warranted, even to please you. Sight digs won’t motivate me to happy stories either.

aquarius64

Posted at 12:25 AM on April 15, 2012

“Slight digs won’t motivate me to write happy stories either”

Posted at 10:55 PM on April 14, 2012

Time for some Taylor Updates!
So he was seen at Wells Fargo on the 11th. And today someone said that her roomate’s co-worker got a picture with him at Qdoba…in Michigan!

Kat

Posted at 1:03 AM on April 15, 2012

I like this… hope it’s true! But who’s “someone”?

Posted at 1:10 AM on April 15, 2012

She’s just a person on twitter. She’s a 20 year old college student in Michigan. Her roommate works at Qdoba and she said her roomate’s co-worker got a pic with Taylor when he came in.

Kat

Posted at 1:31 AM on April 15, 2012

Aww… Spending some time with his grandparents and relatives before the craziness continues, that’s so… him. :)

a

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 14, 2012

I just think Aquarius hates Taylor and was never a fan after all. I guess she’s a saint

aquarius64

Posted at 10:47 PM on April 14, 2012

I don’t blindly worship a celeb like some people do. I appreciate the good but I don’t ignore the bad. Slamming me is not going to compel me to write the only-fluff stuff some people want to read.

kk

Posted at 2:08 PM on April 14, 2012

@alright, Thanks for your info! TL’s security works hard.
This is old news, but 2 years ago, TL was in and out of (gated)Sierra Towers visiting guess who before filming Abduction. That was hushed up fast – that publicist was good at keeping private TL out of news. Now LC,TS,dia agron,selena all friends or same agent? boring.
More recent photos have TL in BevHills so I wondered about the real TL personality. KS/RP buy real-estate publicly. Guys on campus here have apts starting their freshman year so I cannot imagine TL living with parents esp since he hasn’t been working on any film. In past interviews, he said he was getting his own place. With finals, I don’t have desire to “stalk”. LOL

Posted at 2:27 PM on April 14, 2012

Who is “guess who” that he was visiting? Lily?

kk

Posted at 6:14 AM on April 15, 2012

U r smart

Posted at 3:02 PM on April 14, 2012

Oh yeah Joan Collins and her daughter Lily both live in that complex! lol As for Taylor currently. He has actually be recently seen multiple times by fans in the Santa Clarita region which is where his family lives. Maybe he hasn’t moved out yet…

aquarius64

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 14, 2012

If he was visiting that complex before Abduction began filming (filiming began July 2010), this was post-Swifty and during the time he was suppose to be with Sara. Lily was on Taylor’s arm at the premiere of Eclipse (June 2010). By my count, TL was dipping out on Sara for WEEKS before it was reported he linked up with LC on the set (late August 2010). I say it again-Sara was stupid for taking him back! Since she likes to imply she rekindled her “romance” with TL, how can she be so confident he is not hooking up with some starlet behind her back right now? She didn’t learn about him and Selena Gomez until she picked up a tabloid. I still feel it’s going to be deja vu all over again.

Posted at 4:40 PM on April 14, 2012

Lily was not on Taylor’s arm at the Eclipse premiere. She was there for the same reason she goes to all those Hollywood fashion parties- for publicity. Lily showed up separatly to the premiere and was never near Lautner until the after party, and there are even pics of Taylor turned around talking to someone else while Lily was standing behind him like a girl looking for an autograph. Besides that they were separated that night. How was he “supposed” to be with Sara? He was seen ONCE with her and his dad and he had told people afterwards that they were just friends.

Posted at 4:41 PM on April 14, 2012

Besides, this was all two years ago, it doesn’t even matter now.

Thats what she said

Posted at 9:04 PM on April 14, 2012

It matters because it makes him a cheater two years ago if he was with Sara and visiting LC. Remember that Aquarius is a believer in the fact that TL is with Sara every time he’s at home and seen with her.

Posted at 9:13 PM on April 14, 2012

That’s because Aquarius believes what she wants to believe regardless of what comes out of Taylor Lautner’s mouth.

aquarius64

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 14, 2012

Alright wants to believe TL is perfect and would NEVER cheat and she’ll swipe at anyone who won’t aceept her opinions as gospel. I’m expressing an opinion based on what I read from others; you can take ‘em or leave ‘em. It never occurs to Alright that TL could possibly say certain things to project a certain image. TL’s Dad, aka, manager, knows if his cash cow son is universally branded a love cheat his image would take a severe hit. So of course dad was going to deny, deny, deny. TL dodged a bullet image so far but that can change with one incident. Again, my opinion.

Posted at 9:53 PM on April 14, 2012

No one is perfect Aquarius. And how many times are you going to to say that about someone who chooses to say something nice about Taylor? Find a new punch line. Anyway, cheating is not something to take lightly, only someone who’s actually been in a relationship would know that. Moving on, what you’re saying is rediculous. First Taylor was a whore sleeping around with everyone, then he was a liar to the media, and now he’s a cheater…wow Aquarius are you this sinister about ALL men? Maybe that’s why you’re single…yes, i went there. That’s what you get for threatening to “b!tch slap” me like you did on the last thread. lol

eye roll

Posted at 9:37 AM on April 15, 2012

at aquarius64 why is it that if someone defends taylor you immendatly think they beleive he is perfect huh . our we not aloud to defend people ??