Jennifer Lawrence Was Terrified To Play Katniss In 'Hunger Games'

Mon, March 5, 2012 9:26am EDT by 6 Comments

J-Law reveals she wasn’t gung ho on playing the character of warrior Katniss in ‘Hunger Games’ in the beginning. Read on to find out why…

Katniss is beautiful, confident and has two guys vying for her heart — who in Hollywood wouldn’t want to play such a cool character?

Jennifer Lawrence, 21, admits in Entertainment Weekly that she was hesitant to take on the role because of how life-changing it would be!

“There was this huge moment of excitement and this huge moment of fear, because I knew that as soon as I said ‘yes’ my life would change,” Jennifer says in Entertainment Weekly. “A year from where I was standing at that moment my life would be completely different. And I walked around a whole day really thinking ‘It’s not too late. I could still go back and do indies, it’s not too late.’”

Yikes! Well, we’re happy Jennifer decided to take on the challenge. Could you imagine anybody else playing the part of Katniss Everdeen?

Sound off in your comments below.

– Nicole Karlis

More ‘Hunger Games’:

1. Jennifer Lawrence Gets Her Revenge In New ‘Hunger Games’ Video
  2. Arcade Fire’s New ‘Hunger Games’ Song Inspired By Jennifer Lawrence’s Role — VIDEO
  3. Jennifer Lawrence Cries After Giving Co-Star Concussion On ‘Hunger Games’ Set

Disappointed

Posted at 5:08 PM on March 23, 2012

I could imagine countless others playing the part. Lawrence is lovely, but is nothing like the character was described in the book. I was looking forward to someone with actual olive skin and dark hair, and I’m not afraid to say so.

Nowadays a bottle of hair dye and a tan equals ethnic. :’(

I’m glad most people will still enjoy this, but that’s because they don’t know or care about Katniss Everdeen’s real description or home region (Appalachia anyone? Home of many races?)

Good for you Jennifer…

LetTheGamesBegin

Posted at 2:18 PM on March 6, 2012

Love Jennifer as Katniss! At first I was hesitant… She doesn’t look “exactly how I pictured her”. But she’s a great actor and looks perfect for the role. Glad she made the decision.

helllokitty2142

Posted at 6:39 PM on March 5, 2012

im glad she got the role i knew she would make a perfect katniss :)

c

Posted at 4:32 PM on March 5, 2012

this looks awful.. should have gone with your gut and turned it down Jennifer!

Shade

Posted at 4:13 AM on March 17, 2012

Wow. That’s pretty harsh… I personally think the movie looks amazing, and Jennifer is an amazing actress. I honestly cannot think of anyone better for the part.

Suua P.

Posted at 3:53 PM on March 5, 2012

I’m glad that she got over it! Jennifer is not the perfect Katniss, SHE IS KATNISS!