Why Jennifer Lawrence Is Afraid Of Being Like Kristen Stewart

Mon, March 5, 2012 2:56pm EDT by 24 Comments
Jennifer Lawrence Hunger Games

J-Law admits she’s been milking her low profile status while she can before ‘The Hunger Games’ hits the big screen and the paparazzi madness begins!

If the Twilight movies have taught Hollywood anything, it’s that lives of young starlets can be forever changed when taking on a main character in a popular-book turned film.

Before Kristen Stewart became Bella in Twilight, her life wasn’t constantly under a paparazzo’s microscope. And luckily for Jennifer Lawrence  — who plays Katniss in The Hunger Games – she’s had time to prepare for the craziness that is about to begin, which K-Stew probably never had. J-Law went as far as celebrating New Year’s Eve in the most public way possible.

“I went to Times Square for New Year’s Eve,” Jennifer tells Entertainment Weekly. “I had a feeling it was the last year I could do that…I’m just cherishing the time I have left…I’m going out of the house looking like s***. Going to Whole Foods looking like a trainwreck.”

We say more power to you J-Law — relish in your “anonymity” while you can. Even though it sounds like you’re heading into your own The Hunger Games, we hope you enjoy the fame and success that is about to begin. May the odds be ever in your favor…

What do you think, HollywoodLifers?

– Nicole Karlis

More ‘Hunger Games’:

1. Jennifer Lawrence Gets Her Revenge In New ‘Hunger Games’ Video
  2. Arcade Fire’s New ‘Hunger Games’ Song Inspired By Jennifer Lawrence’s Role — VIDEO
  3. Jennifer Lawrence Cries After Giving Co-Star Concussion On ‘Hunger Games’ Set

Kathrine

Posted at 12:05 PM on May 24, 2012

Well guys you all say that everybody hated Kristen Stewart because of Twilight…why you like her?i like her from the movie The cake eaters.I have never watched twilight and never will.But most of you for saying that you like Kristen From twilight.So everyone can hate her from this movie.I was n love with Jennifer Lawrence from the sitcom she was playing and then from Poker House my favourite movie of all time!then i heard about the hunger games and because of her i read the books and saw the movie and i am glad i did because they are both amazing.Then i saw Winter’s Bone and she is just…amazing actress.nothing else.I like Kristen she seems a cool girl and i would like her as my friend but JLaw is mature,more talented and…she is adorable and unbelievable funny!

Amy

Posted at 5:27 PM on May 17, 2012

She is very modest, You all should watch her interviews..
She is soo down to earth.. I love her..!

omg

Posted at 2:19 AM on March 8, 2012

kstew you rock!!!

ChrysaPatz

Posted at 7:03 PM on March 6, 2012

KS is talented and beautiful…bur Jenn is..much better actress…she is chosing movies very carefully and she has a personallity something that Kristen will never have with this depressive look.I like KS as actress but not as person.
Jennifer is so fnny and has this..fresh air..she is amazing!

*sigh*

Posted at 2:08 AM on March 8, 2012

Jennifer hasnt experienced kstews level of fame yet. Ofcourse kstew has that depressed look because cameras are shoved to her face everyday. There is always a reason behind everything.

lisa

Posted at 2:18 AM on March 8, 2012

Seems like your description of jennifer lawrence suits kristen more. Everyone has a personality…hello. Search some interviews of kristen, she does have a personality its just that the papz only pick pics where she looks depressed to make her look bad. Hollywood can really make people look like someone they’re not. But inside, they’re just people like you and me.

LetTheGamesBegin

Posted at 2:19 PM on March 6, 2012

I think it’s cool that she’s down to earth and is appreciating her time “anonymous”.

Suua P.

Posted at 1:09 PM on March 6, 2012

If I were in your shoes Jennifer, I would have the same feeling. Heck I don’t like alot of eyes on me all the time.

well

Posted at 12:14 PM on March 6, 2012

I remember Twilight fans used to cry and complain about HP fans hating on the saga Now Twilight fans (mostly Robstens) are hating on THG what a bunch of Hypocrites!

md

Posted at 10:00 AM on March 6, 2012

Envy actors and actresses in HW is probably too large, the level of fame is fleeting, Kristen amazingly natural talent stays in your head and will not leave you. It is amazing , is the best and always will be.

Jimbo

Posted at 8:08 AM on March 6, 2012

I think most of you are missing the point. She’s not bragging that she’ll be so famous, she’s dreading it. I believe she considers the superfan attention to be a necessary evil that comes along with such a great role, but it’s still an evil.

emily

Posted at 1:19 AM on March 6, 2012

the hunger games stars are already expecting too much to become famous after their movie will be released. i think they shouldn’t be too much overconfident. everyone is expecting that the hunger games will be a big hit and i personally believe that it will be. i read the books and i totally love it but i dont think the stars (hunger games) will be as big as the twilight stars. rob, kris, tay didnt expect they will become famous as they were now and they handle their fame with humbleness..

this hunger games stars is feeling the fame already. i know they will be famous and be recognize but they will never reach the fame of the twilight trio.

DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH!!!! BE HUMBLE!!

D.

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 6, 2012

Okay…do you all see what HL is trying to do?. Start up controversy where there is none; pit one actress against the other and there is really no basis for it. How about we respect both actresses for what they each have to offer?. I have noticed that HL INSISTS on running these moronic articles that try to start wars between the fandoms…don’t give them the satisfaction. Jennifer Lawrence is an extremely talented actress and arrogant???…how?? and Kristen is talented as well. These young women are both hard working and talented, leave it at that.

Katelynn

Posted at 11:42 PM on March 5, 2012

I agree with Kendra she is a great actress and I also agree with Anon KStew is an under-rated actress she is great at what she does. Everyone says she has no facial expressions and looks awkward only based of twilight in which she was scripted to play an akward girl. In Adventureland she killed it, Welcome to the Riley’s didn’t know she had that in her, Speak scared me straight, this girl got talent and a nice body. Like the bad a** girl next door everyone one questions being with but,has a yearning to meet. Jennifer hasn’t gotten to that point in her career yet to understand KStew’s level.

Kendra

Posted at 11:35 PM on March 5, 2012

I agree that Kristen Stewart is actually a talented actress I mean her major role in Panic Room is what got her noticed when she was little,Twilight though a great movie is just a stepping stone for Kristen people hate on her because they don’t understand her. Jennifer I believe we become a great actress but, will not compare to Kristen because they are two different people. I’m not a little girl and I like Kristen so, I am grown up and I still like her. She is beautiful and talented so don’t put people down because you don’t know them.

LuciaCullenPattinson

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 5, 2012

J-Law is getting way over her head, just because she is making a movie and it is coming out does not make her better.
She comes off as arrogant and in my opinion thinking she is better than Twilight. That will NEVER happen. Their IS NO TEAM HUNGER GAMES! so she needs to get over herself and think that what is her movie isnt great as expected and she doesnt come out famous. She is just looking for attention…

deb

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 5, 2012

Jennifer is by far more talented, attractive, mature, and personable. Kristen only gets work because all the little girls like her. They will grow up and wonder what the hell they were thinking. Kristen has no facial expressions and her eyes dart around so much when she’s supposedly acting it funny. Every character is the same one over and over. She did well in the Runaways but she had Joan there the whole time all she had to do is mimicked her.

c

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 5, 2012

I’ll be amazed if she’s ever as famous as KStew.. she’s weird looking and comes off as arrogant IMO

?

Posted at 6:33 PM on March 5, 2012

Jennifer has been nominated for an oscar already in her FIRST major movie…. Why dont I ever hear of Kristen buzz at the Oscars? Jenn is already WAY more famous than k-stew. Go ask any of the major A listers who Kstew is and they wont know. They’ll only know her by “that girl in twilight”. Jennifer has already made it big with the RIGHT people in Hollywood and she is getting hype that Kristen never even DREAMED of. So why don’t you go take your false facts somewhere and else and buzz off with your misplaced and unwanted love of Kristen- the most awful actress and most awkward person in the world- stewart.

Anon

Posted at 6:59 PM on March 5, 2012

Excuse me but Kristen Stewart is an under-rated actress and the most sought out actress right now. You can be sure that any major actor out there knows her name because she is competition. Any well respected actor who she has worked with has had only praise for her. I have not seen Jennifer Lawrence’s movies, but I have seen her interviews and she seems like a good person who’s also very gregarious.

LuciaCullenPattinson

Posted at 8:58 PM on March 5, 2012

Yes i totally agree. Kristen is by far way better than J-Law. J-Law is geeting way over her head, just because she is making a movie and it is coming out does not make her better.

lily

Posted at 1:58 AM on March 8, 2012

I totally agree with you. How can people compare jlaw to kstew. Nothing can beat experience. Kristen has been under the spotlight ever since she was seen in panic room.

Alicia

Posted at 8:11 PM on April 10, 2013

She honestly has more potential than Kristen i love both of them but Jenifer is the new face of Hollywood and I thank her for that, for being herself not what everybody wants her to be she will forever change things and hopefully influence future actors. I do wish Kristen had more personality.

lulu

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 5, 2012

maybe you’re talented, critic love it, and THG will be at box office. but don’t be too confident about the fame baby …
unless you’re dating someone who also super famous. that’s why kristen’s fame still going strong, not twilight.