Chris Brown May Be Arrested For Robbery & Assault In Cell Phone Case

Mon, March 5, 2012 2:13pm EDT by 22 Comments

HollywoodLife.com has learned what it will take for Chris to avoid going to jail for allegedly stealing a woman’s phone in Miami.

Chris Brown can’t seem to stay out of trouble. He was accused of stealing a woman’s cell phone Feb. 19 in Miami, and now HollywoodLife.com has learned he could find himself behind bars! “Chris may be arrested for robbery, and not the lesser charge of larceny, because he used force by ‘snatching and grabbing’ the iPhone,” Los Angeles attorney Mychal Wilson tells us. “The authorities could also throw in an assault charge resulting from the victim’s apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the case, a woman named Christal Spann took pictures of Chris on Feb. 19 outside Cameo nightclub in Miami Beach. Chris allegedly told her, “Bitch, you ain’t going to put that on no website,” before stealing it from her and driving away in his car.

Mychal says it’s interesting that Miami police “had probable cause to arrest Chris” at the time, “but they did not conduct the arrest.” Apparently Chris’ celebrity status has created “some conflict between the Miami Beach police and the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s office.”

Chris’ potential jail time also hinges on what really happened to the phone after he stole it. “I am confident the authorities are tracing the iPhone,” Mychal adds. “For example, was the iPhone eventually given back to the victim or was it tossed along the side of the road, into a sewer, the beach, the ocean, etc.? Were the photos deleted and the iPhone destroyed?”

So what could this whole ordeal mean for Chris’ legal future?

“If arrested in the Florida matter, the LA court will [most likely] determine that Chris should receive more anger-management classes and another domestic violence program to help him cope with his continual anger management issues,” Mychal says. “I do not believe jail time will be given for this incident because of the aggravating ‘groupie’ pursuit factors which incited him.”

— Reporting by Sandra Clark

More Chris Brown News:

1. Rihanna Tweets Sexy Pics From ‘Esquire’ UK Photo Shoot — Is She Showing Off For Chris Brown?
  2. Chris Brown Dissed By Seth Rogen: He ‘Beat The S–t Out Of’ Rihanna
  3. Rihanna Stands By Chris Brown In Cell Phone Theft Accusations

erdani

Posted at 9:52 AM on June 18, 2012

Fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a brand new reader. What might you suggest about your submit that you just made some days ago? Any sure?

phiten necklace wholesale on the web,welcome to our website buy low-priced phiten necklaces wholesale.

Posted at 7:07 AM on June 17, 2012

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing for your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!

Convert PSD to HTML/CSS

Posted at 3:46 AM on June 17, 2012

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually one thing that I think I might by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely huge for me. I am having a look ahead on your subsequent put up, I will try to get the dangle of it!

Roman Blind Kits

Posted at 2:18 PM on June 16, 2012

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your put up is just nice and i can think you’re an expert in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grasp your RSS feed to stay updated with drawing close post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.

24V Battery Hosa

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 8, 2012

Wonderful website. Plenty of useful info here. I am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you to your effort!

Kendaysha

Posted at 2:43 PM on March 8, 2012

First off, I do not even believe not even an inch that Chris Brown will do something like this. Why would he steal a Iphone and he has one? Because of some PICTURES!? Why would he get mad because a,”Groupie” took his picture? Chris takes pictures all the time. But when your a famous person, you would want to have time to yourself. Just have fun at a club or party. So he have anger problems I do too, sometimes it gets out of control. But she should have asked like a normal person can she get a picture w/ him instead of just taking it. Im a huge Chris Brown fan im w/ #TeamBreezy alll the way. But I will also ask before I take a picture of him while hes dancing having fun.

PRGuy

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 6, 2012

I’m a fan of Chris Brown but it did happen I know Christal and it really seems like he needs some serious help with anger management.

rachel

Posted at 8:10 AM on March 6, 2012

I like chris brown and also rihanna so i woulden’t get between them hate one of the coz they don’t hate each ather

Shelly

Posted at 4:29 AM on March 6, 2012

What I can’t understand is why would Chris go crazy because the young lady snapped his picture? People snap his picture all the time and he takes pictures with his fans, so what was different about this girl taking his picture? Makes no sense unless he was doing something he had no business doing when she took his picture.

T

Posted at 4:20 PM on March 6, 2012

I think it’s the fact that he was leaving the club and the girl came behind him and kept snapping pictures. We don’t know if she asked but more than likely didn’t. Then he was at a club so more than likely have a few drinks. What people don’t understand is that they are people too and don’t want to be bothered all the time.

vamp

Posted at 12:10 AM on March 7, 2012

Yea he was taking two groupies home n he did want it to get out that’s y him n tyga went out the club trying not to be noticed.

star

Posted at 12:06 AM on March 6, 2012

I’m just hoping and praying that Chris Brown is found innocent and i hope that nothing happens to him and this entire thing is over with so that he can finally live his life with no problems and put out more of his amazing music. And if you don’t have anything positive to say about him than don’t say anything at all….

Liveurlife Thisyear

Posted at 11:18 PM on March 5, 2012

I am glad 2 hear from this report that he will not be sent to prison 4 the original sentence. All the other reports have been saying that. All kinds of psychos have been crawling from under rocks 2 attack Chris Brown, his mother, and his fans. The media has not focused on that. The largely female fanbase has been tweeted that Chris Brown will beat THEM, punch THEM in the face, etc. This is why the “comebacks” from THEM that Chris Brown CAN beat THEM or do whatever he wants to THEM. They are being tweeted that they’re retarded, sluts,and whores 4 being Chris Brown fans. Same thing on Facebook. SO ALL U HATERS HATIN’ ON US________ EVIL!!! US AND BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!

U.S.A

Posted at 11:04 PM on March 5, 2012

123

Sage

Posted at 8:12 PM on March 5, 2012

I like Chris but if he did this,what a dumb move!I just hope he had some common sense and tossed the phone without the battery in the ocean,I just hope this is just some silly nonsense but with Chris you never knoww.

Nia

Posted at 6:08 PM on March 5, 2012

Leave Chris Brown alone! You guys want him in jail so bad, he isnt going ANYWHERE nor did he steal anything. You guys are so desperate for a story and desperate to get Chris in trouble at any cost. He is living his life and making great music. Mind your business. After he won his well deserved Grammy you haters have been running RAMPANT with lies. No one cares, he still has TeamBreezy’s support and you all need to get a life and live it.

bippa

Posted at 5:34 PM on March 5, 2012

omfg!!! lyk reli reli?!! sum peeps yhh mke up sooo much butterss its nt even real lyk wt da hell is wrong wiv u?!! dat girl is jus sayin dat butters cos she wants da fame dats y!!! lyk chris alredi has a iphone y wud on earth wud he wanna steal hers?!!! its common sense!! dat girl needs to gt a life dats y shes sayin butters bout chris! jus seriously gt a life christal u spam!!!

Victor B.

Posted at 5:57 PM on March 5, 2012

You are illiterate! Lol you make no god damn sense.. Smh

MeliBreezy'sBaby

Posted at 5:30 PM on March 5, 2012

All I know Is That Chris Brown Is Amazing . Ive been here for him since 05′ & Im A Fan Forever <3 This Cell Phone Stuff is all BS to me . I mean, no evidence? Its Weird. But Whatever .
#TeamBreezy ^_*

SBnellz

Posted at 5:26 PM on March 5, 2012

Theres no proof that he took her phone. That girl just wanted attention and fame.

LoLa Bunny

Posted at 4:45 PM on March 5, 2012

There is not real proof that he did anything for all we know she probably ditched the phone or never even had a phone. I am not standing up for Chris Brown but lets be real there’s no proof of fact any of that even happen. Maybe she want 15 min of fame

Kiesh

Posted at 5:19 PM on March 5, 2012

I agree. For all this talk, they have yet to say that they have videos from a security camera showing him ACTUALLY taking the phone. And for all these people around taking pictures of him, absolutely NOBODY got a video or picture of him stealing it? That just seems a little odd to me.