'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Bree Discovers The Truth About Orson

Sun, March 4, 2012 10:02pm EDT by 11 Comments

The stalking, the letters, the murder — Bree knows about everything!

The March 4 episode of Desperate Housewives felt a little like a filler — especially after the juicy developments we got during February sweeps — until Bree (Marcia Cross) paid a visit to Orson’s (Kyle MacLachlan) apartment and learned the truth. About everything. The revelation led to a fiery confrontation, in which Bree told Orson he meant “nothing” to her. Am I the only one who thinks that wasn’t too smart? Hell hath no fury like a wheelchair-bound psychopath scorned.

And what do you know? He placed a chilling phone call to Bree at the end of the episode, threatening to suicide, just before he sent proof of the ladies’ murder cover-up to the police! (How are they going to avoid jail now?)

Meanwhile, Susan (Teri Hatcher) and Lynette (Felicity Huffman) continued to feud over Julie (Andrea Bowen) and Porter’s (Charlie Carver) unborn baby — this time over what her name will be. Lynette wanted “Lynette,” Susan wanted “Sophie,” and somehow their disagreement led to a knock-down, drag-out battle on Susan’s front lawn. I forgot how quickly things escalate on Wisteria Lane.

Things also escalated quickly for Gaby (Eva Longoria), who was forced to promise (Kathryn Joosten) she wouldn’t tell Roy about her cancer coming back. But after the saddest chat ever, Gaby decided she couldn’t keep the truth to herself — so the elderly lovebirds have successfully been reunited. Here’s hoping she’s not the person who dies this season!

Then again, she’s not at the top of my death-watch list. That honor goes to Mike (James Denton), who had a scuffle with the mobster who’s been threatening Rene (Vanessa Williams.)

What do YOU think? Is Mike as good dead? Will the girls end up in jail now that the cops have proof? Hit up the comments section with your best theories!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives updates

betacdkeys

Posted at 9:13 PM on May 14, 2012

Thank you, I have recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve came upon so far. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive about the supply?|What i don’t understood is in reality how you’re not actually a lot more neatly-appreciated than you may be right now. You’re very intelligent.

Thando

Posted at 4:17 PM on April 4, 2012

I love the show we need more please

dhhj

Posted at 6:28 PM on March 31, 2012

Its mike that dies

Tina

Posted at 6:34 PM on March 10, 2012

I’m sooo sad that this is the last season for this show.. I wish they would bring it back..

DD

Posted at 7:20 PM on March 6, 2012

I read somewhere that its a husband that will die. Can’t wait till next week’s episode!

Sandy

Posted at 4:49 PM on March 5, 2012

I have read that it’s mrs mclusky who dies from cancer :(

Nancy

Posted at 2:20 PM on March 5, 2012

I stopped watching Desperate Housewives after the 3rd episode of this final season. Tried to give it a chance, just over this show and ready to see it go off the air!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:28 PM on March 5, 2012

Honestly, I fully agree the show has lost steam over the years, but this season has been so good. I’m glad they’re ending on a high note.

Cesar

Posted at 12:25 PM on March 5, 2012

I can only guess until next episode who will meet his/her demise, it could be Gaby or Carlos trying to save Juanita from falling from the ledge? maybe even Juanita which would be too cruel to off a child.
Mike is a little too obvious choice, maybe Susan will get caught in the crossfire?
Will Orson change his mind and instead of suicide he will come back to kill Bree?
I remember an article from the begining of this season were the producers said the housewives would survive the series but they said the husbands were not that safe. Does this sound misleading to you?

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:29 PM on March 5, 2012

I also don’t think it’s one of the wives — but that Juanita scene seemed too obvious in the promo. My guess is Mike, though that would be kind of a bummer.

Mia

Posted at 12:00 PM on March 6, 2012

I think it’s Tom scavo’s character who will be killed