Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease, Similar To Lupus

Fri, March 2, 2012 10:39am EDT by 6 Comments

HollywoodLife.com was at Mariah Carey’s concert March 1, where she updated the crowd on Nick’s health — and now Nick is speaking out.

Poor Nick Cannon! We were worried about him when he was first admitted to the hospital in January for kidney failure, and now that he’s finally discussing what’s really going on, we’re wishing him nothing but the best. “They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it,” Nick tells People.

As for his recent decision to step down from his radio show, Nick tells the mag, “I’m just trying to make sure I put my health first. .. It’s a lot of stuff, but it’s all in order now.”

HollywoodLife.com attended a private Mariah Carey concert March 1 in NYC, where the singer dedicated her song “Always Be My Baby” to Nick. She also told the crowd that “Nick is doing great!”

More Nick Cannon news:

1. Nick Cannon & Mariah Carey’s Emotional Public Appearance After His Illness
  2. Nick Cannon: ‘Back To Business’ After Kidney Failure
  3. Nick Cannon Tweets: I’ve Been Transferred To A Hospital In LA

Diane sweet

Posted at 5:42 PM on August 2, 2012

You are very handsome! I wish you all the best. I just celebrated my 8th anniversary of a liver. My kidneys also failed, but I am here today and you will always be there. You have two lovely baby’s that need you. You are here in my heart (like everyone else. You totally rock and for sure rock o ‘

Wanda M

Posted at 12:23 AM on May 29, 2012

l think you have a great out look on live and you aalways so cheerfulbon AGT ,All the power to you Nick & your Family ,,I
hope all goes well for the rest of your life ,,l’ll pray for you ,,God Bless!

liz

Posted at 10:52 PM on April 4, 2012

Wishing you well……….we are praying for you.

elly123

Posted at 10:25 AM on March 31, 2012

hoping and praying for the power couple nick and mariah! he’s a good role model for young kids and even older hope he has a speedy recovery! <3

gbtw

Posted at 3:15 PM on March 2, 2012

i always adored nick cannon from the moment i laid eyes on him. always love the way he looks at mariah with such adoring eyes, too. a man who knows how to express his adoration and not worry about being teased about it. in any case, i wish them the best

edward

Posted at 9:15 AM on May 6, 2012

Keep Ur head up big homie god hav Ur bac if u believe..