Jennifer Lawrence: Josh Hutcherson Is 'Dreamier' Than Robert Pattinson

Fri, March 2, 2012 1:43pm EDT by 80 Comments
Jennifer Lawrence: Josh Hutcherson Is 'Dreamier' Than Robert Pattinson

‘The Hunger Games’ stars sat down with MTV News and dished on the inevitable competition between their flick and ‘Twilight,’ — and apparently, Jennifer Lawrence calls out Robert Pattinson!

It might be impossible for any of you to think there is anyone out there dreamier than Robert Pattinson, 25, but someone thinks there is! In a new interview, Jennifer Lawrence, 21, says she is totally Team Josh.

When Josh Hutcherson, 19, is asked if he thinks he’s dreamier than Robert Pattinson, he doesn’t even get a chance to answer because Jennifer quickly yells, “Yes!” before he opens his mouth!

“No, he’s British,” Josh answered. But that doesn’t matter to Jennifer since she likes his Southern roots, calling his accent “hick” and attractive.

She does give Twilight one win, though: If the movies were to battle, Jennifer thinks The Hunger Games would lose! “Unless I had a silver bow and arrow,” she explains. Well, at least she’s on her costar’s side when it comes to his cuteness!

Are YOU Team Rob or Team Josh, HollywoodLifers?

— Jordyn Woodtke

More ‘Hunger Games’ News

1. Jennifer Lawrence Cries After Giving Co-Star Concussion On ‘Hunger Games’ Set
  2. How Jennifer Lawrence & Josh Hutcherson Are Like Their ‘Hunger Games’ Characters
  3. ‘Twilight’ Vs. ‘The Hunger Games’ Stars: A Verbal Smackdown Is So On!

ChrysaPatz

Posted at 4:13 PM on April 27, 2012

why are you guys take this stuff seriously?
I love the Hunger Games,Harry Potter and Lord of the rings and i like twilight too.I Love Josh and I Love Robert too for different reasons.I Love Jennifer…i am not a fan of Kristen but i don’t hate her.I Think that all fan sites try to make the fandoms to argue.stop that.

bluebird

Posted at 11:16 PM on April 18, 2012

Yeah! i dreamed JOSH HUTCHERSON is one of the 7 DWARVES! He’s nothing compaired to 6 foot tall hunky handsome ROBERT PATTINSON!!! He should take growth balls first before aiming to be the next ROBERT PATTINSON!

navyadudala

Posted at 9:21 PM on April 19, 2012

yeah!!!i completely agree wth u

Sara

Posted at 6:33 PM on April 6, 2012

TEAM JOSH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! :)

Random Person

Posted at 11:43 PM on April 5, 2012

You guys are taking this too seriously -_-

Jenna

Posted at 9:10 PM on April 11, 2012

I So Agree

Rebecca

Posted at 1:26 PM on April 2, 2012

OMG!! i just love them! well YEAS josh is dreamier than Rob… ofcourse :D i love him so much :D :D :D <3

Tsotso

Posted at 6:08 PM on March 21, 2012

Honestly dis a stupid comparism, JH is just a boy 4 goodness sake, his cute nw. We dnt knw hw he wil b lyk wen his Robert age. Robert is more dreamier, Jen needs 2 check he eyes, lol. i was thnkin of gvn THG a chance bcoz im Liam’s fan bt wit all de comparism wil just wtch it on DVD. i hope THG becomes successful, its a beautiful book, same wit twilght bt 4 its own theme. U THG fan hatin on de twilght cast actually turned me off dis movie, here i thought its 4 mature pple u just seem 2 show me dat its not. i hope it goes wel on Friday.

Peta

Posted at 3:50 AM on March 26, 2012

You know I had to read what you had written 5 times to understand it, geez it was like reading a sentence which decided that it didnt need vowels in it. Of course people are making the comparison because Hunger Games is the new thing. And I would not be talking about who is immature considering you write like a 5 yr old.

MycatsnameisKatniss

Posted at 4:53 PM on March 16, 2012

I have a cat named katniss:) And Josh is WAY better than Pattinson. I hated the Twilight books so much I havent seen One of the movies and i stoped reading New Moon in the 1st 5 pages. Put some sense in to what your saying people. Don’t comment on what you don’t know what your talking about just to add to the page. I am a die hard Hunger Games fan and have read the entire series 6 times in a row and will keep it like that until i have seen Mockingjay part II, sometime in 2014. The Hunger Games actors know who their character is, and are willing to get down and dirty to make this movie successful, and even more importantly, portray thier character to the best of thier ability. They have become Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. Edward and Bella are fake. They are simply actors, nothing more. They have done nothing but read lines of a paper and cross their fingers to hope they did the minimum. I hope i gave a valuble reason why the Hunger Games is the one to save your eyes and ears for.

KaramelKisses

Posted at 9:51 AM on March 22, 2012

So we get it, you don’t like Twilight but if you think Josh is hotter than Robert … both you & Jenn are DELUSIONAL. Isn’t he like 4’2″? Besides, Robert is multifaceted starring along side Oscar winners (Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz and Paul Giamanni). He portrays Edward Cullen to the best of his ability & works w/ the material & the direction he’s given. I’ve never heard of Josh but after THG series ends will be the true test for all of the actors. It’s easy to talk trash when you’re locked into a contract for 4 consecutive movies but what will happen afterward, Robert Pattinson has is being very successful lining up projects AFTER Twilight ends.

YOU

Posted at 10:55 AM on March 10, 2012

blame the reporters, seriously!
Jenn seems sweet and kind. I love both series so I respect both, its the media that try to compare one to another.

Christine

Posted at 12:04 AM on March 8, 2012

From what I’ve seen so far of The Hunger Games cast, my least favorite would be Jennifer. This really has nothing to do with the fact that I’m a Twilight Fan. I just find the way she executes herself as if shes positive she’ll be the next best thing really gets under my skin. Yes her personality is alright and she’s humorous at moments, but that’s it. I’m not saying that The Hunger Games won’t be popular but I doubt they’d come even close to Twilight. And for Jennifer to continuously use Twilight to help The Hunger Games become popular, well, I hate that as well. I wish she’d become a little more humble and not use Twilight as a stool for her to become more well known. And actually I have read both books and found both of them really good. I just don’t think casting Jenn was a good choice. Although she was good in Winter’s Bone :3 . I would say Josh is dreamy. He is just so cute and adorable. But then again, Pattinson is hot! I wouldn’t really know which one to pick *.* Can’t wait for The Hunger Games movie. Jen, please don’t dissapoint and be humble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

Vicky

Posted at 1:23 PM on March 5, 2012

Oh, come on! Josh is the hottest and dreamiest! And his nose does look messed up here but in other pictures it looks fine! I must be blind because I thought every guy was better looking than Rob!

lizzie

Posted at 7:12 PM on March 4, 2012

GOD GUYS. IT WAS A FREAKING JOKE.

to the May person: they never took leverage on Twilight. in fact, many times, they’ve said they hate them being compaired and explained why many many many times. Do your research. And it’s because the reporters bring it up, not them. Twilight used to do the same with Harry Potter and etc at times. It just happens. It’s no ones’ fault.

And just got to say, the interview with them proved even more why I love Josh and Jen. They’re just so down to earth and true to the core and honest in every way.

May

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 4, 2012

To the idiot luzia, yes they do. In all interviews. If the reporters don’t bring it up, they do personally especially jennifer Lawerence.
Read her interviews including her magazine interviews. Kristen Stewart this, Kristen that.
I want to learn more about her but I get someone else shoved own my throat whie I learn nothing about her or the movie she is meant to be promoting.

ChrysaPatz

Posted at 6:11 AM on March 5, 2012

if you searched you would know that they always ask her.She doesn’t wake up and say “Oh i am gonna talk for Kristen Stewart or Twilight.”
every time they ask her for Kristen or twilight she replies in a very kind way.

Shade

Posted at 3:51 AM on March 17, 2012

I totally agree. Movies are often compared in interviews, and they bring it up sometimes, but usually it is the interviewers. Trust me, as far as I know, none of the fans want to see the Hunger Games compared to Twilight. They’re completely different kinds of movies even. Plus, the really amazing thing about the Hunger Games is that it’s more able to reach out to non-fans. Twilight really only got the Twi-hards. There are a lot of them, which is why the movies did well, but if you didn’t read and like the books, you most likely won’t go see it.
And I don’t understand why Josh is losing this poll. I like Rob in Harry Potter, but in Twilight not so much. I didn’t even really think that was a legit comparison because the answer is just so obvious.

May

Posted at 5:32 PM on March 4, 2012

For the love of all that is holy, Jennifer Lawerence and co, sell your movie without talking or leveraging on Twilight.
I am not a fan of the hunger games books and story but was thinking if I get to like the actors, I might get into the series but I have heard more about twilight and it’s actors from the hunger games stars.
Why can’t they simply sell their series with leveraging on twilight. God know twilight oes not need ny help to sell. Robsten love sells it enough.

ChrysaPatz

Posted at 10:56 AM on March 4, 2012

Hey!stop blaming Jenn she said that in a funny way if you didn’t understand it!

mae

Posted at 8:52 AM on March 4, 2012

very funny at all… Josh is not dreamier in every angle. maybe his personality is good but physically???? no way he will be ever hotter and dreamier than rob. I even doubt it if he will be included in most beautiful people or hottest man on the planet… no offense but the closest he can ever compare himself to are people like Daniel Radcliffe or Rupert Grint..but i still think that the 2 Harry Potter stars are way better than him.

I love hunger games and Peeta Mellark but I dont really like Josh Hutcherson.

Haha

Posted at 8:39 AM on March 4, 2012

Josh look like Mr Bean.
Rob so hot. Team Rob.

yeah

Posted at 2:52 AM on March 4, 2012

Josh looks like my little brother in fifth grade.

bri

Posted at 2:51 AM on March 4, 2012

looks like he took a pan to the face. at least he has a good personality.

neither

Posted at 2:50 AM on March 4, 2012

How about team neither? Rob looks like a frog and has a crooked nose, Josh looks like a gremlin in need of a nose job. James Franco is the ultimate hottie.

AnnieK

Posted at 12:50 AM on March 4, 2012

Most definitely TEAM JOSH!!! Hah(: ohh yeahhh(;

Monica

Posted at 11:36 PM on March 3, 2012

JOSH ALL THE WAY!! Not dissing Rob though, because he is a nice guy.I thought Rob was kinda cute in HP4. But omg! JHutch<3 He is funny and sweet and down to earth. He's great.
I respect Jennifer's own opinion. She could pick anyone she wants. Plus, their backgrounds are similar which makes them closer. Of course, she's going to pick Josh. It's not just a matter of looks to her. (:

sunny

Posted at 9:21 PM on March 3, 2012

Rob is SEXY, HOT TeamRob all the way!!

LuciaCullenPattinson

Posted at 8:43 PM on March 3, 2012

Did she really say that? Josh is cute( in a baby kinda way)but is nothing compared to Robert Pattinson. Robert Pattinson is just a SEXY BEAST! A very hot sexy man. Way dreamier than Josh. Well to mee, just saying.Team Rob FOREVER!

LisaB

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 3, 2012

She’s kidding, right??? Josh has boyish good looks, but Rob is just HOT! And it’s not just about physical appearance . . .

demi

Posted at 1:36 PM on March 3, 2012

Ok, I don’t think rob is attractive but he is MUCH better looking than this guy. Josh has such a big nose and a squashed face. there are some guys in my high school who are better looking.

just me

Posted at 1:34 PM on March 3, 2012

one of many things Josh and Jenifer should learn from Robert and other Twiactors is how to remain humble and nice to people BEING ALREADY that famous and rich…just saying

Monica

Posted at 11:51 PM on March 3, 2012

How are they not being humble and nice?? I see two hilarious, down-to-earth people being themselves and having a good time. They even make jokes about themselves with some sarcastic,funny humor. I’m sorry but I don’t see what you’re talking about. It’s okay, though, because you obviously don’t see what I see. (:

Anonymous