Davy Jones Will Be Buried In Florida — New Report

Fri, March 2, 2012 3:19pm EST by 6 Comments
Davy Jones Funeral

The lead singer of the Monkees will have a funeral soon — how sad.

While a date has not been set for the funeral of Monkees singer Davy Jones, his rep confirmed to TMZ.com that he will be buried in Florida.

Memorial services for fans will be held in NYC and the UK.

The 66-year-old Monkees’ singer died on Wednesday, Feb. 29, after he was taken to a hospital in Florida complaining about shortness of breath.

Martin County Medical Examiner confirmed March 2 that the cause of death was an “abnormal heart beat caused by coronary artery atherosclerosis” — a severe heart attack.

More Davy Jones:

1. Coroners Announce Davy Jones’s Cause Of Death
  2. Maureen McCormick On Davy Jones: He Was A Beautiful Soul
  3. Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead At 66

Donna Chowanec

Posted at 11:58 PM on March 4, 2012

Dearest Davy Jones, I want to thank you for all the beautiful
memories we had. I will never forget you as long as I live.
You wiill always be in my heart & soul & always be on my
mind. I won’t forget that you sang to me in Atlantic City &
Point Pleseant, NJ. I love u forever more.
I just love everything about you & you mean the world to me. Always be in my thoughts & on my mind.
Please be my Angel & protect me every step of the way.
It’s always nice to be with u forever more.
Your biggest fan
And always be my #1 lover
Donna Chowanec
Davy Jones. May u rest in peace Amen!
God! Take very good care of Davy Jones & tell him that I
love him so much. He is my heart & soul forever more.
Peace Love
<3 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Pam B

Posted at 10:39 PM on March 2, 2012

I wish they would allow the Florida fans to pay respects. I live near Tampa and I would drive the 3 hours to a memorial.

Please consider some sort of Florida Memorial. Davy was suppose to play Disney’s Epcot Flower Power in May like he did every year. It will be really sad that he will not be there this year. Disney has already taken him off their webssite. I was hoping that they would have a memorial with his band if it is not too painful for them.

Paula z

Posted at 6:30 PM on March 2, 2012

My deepest sympathies go out to his friends and family. Also out to Peter York whom we pray for well wishes and recovery, mike nesmith. And Mickey dolenz we are heavy hearted and grieving with fans and fellow friends!!!! Your truly never gone davey the monkees are in my heart and the legend along with your encouragement and inspiration will truly never be forgotten!!!!!
Rip davey!!! We love you and we will miss you !!!

Jeannie

Posted at 7:15 PM on March 7, 2012

His name is Peter Tork.

George Suntum

Posted at 4:04 PM on March 2, 2012

I am here in Palm City visiting and would love to pay respects and attend Davy’s service. May I? If I may please let me know his church and time. Thanks very much

Lauren

Posted at 9:27 PM on March 4, 2012

So sad, I would also like to go to a memorial for Davy. I live in Palm City and didn’t realize he was so close. I drove past his farm today and was suprised that there weren’t any flowers or memorial things there.