Lily’s look at the Vanity Fair Oscars party was simple, yet chic. Find out how to get her exact hairstyle.
Celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath created this updo for Lily Collins. The secret to the look is Lily’s mother’s vintage sapphire pin that they incorporated into the style. “We wanted Lily’s look to be soft and whimsical to complement her delicate detailed gown, but more importantly we wanted to showcase Lily’s mothers vintage sapphire pin that we chose to clip to the side of the low tousled bun,” explains Kylee. Follow along with this five-step tutorial and shop Kylee’s product picks!
- “Starting with damp hair I applied the Kerastase Volumactive Mousse to the roots. I applied Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray from mid-shaft of hair and through the ends. Also to add moisture and shine to the hair, I applied KeSARI Indian Oil Hair Serum to her ends.
- After combing the product through for even distribution I blow dried the hair using my fingers. I wanted to get volume in the hair so I blew it dry in all directions without using a brush.
- Once the hair was dry, I sectioned the hair making a part from the top of the left ear and over to the right. I pulled the bottom section into a ponytail at the occipital bone.
- I sprayed Bumble and Bumble Classic Hairspray throughout both sections and went in with and inch wide curling iron.
- First I pinned the pieces from the ponytail into a low bun. I then pinned back the front sections using bobby pins and the Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.”
Do you love that Lily used her mother’s pin in her hairstyle?