'American Idol' Recap: Is Jessica Sanchez Poised To Win?

Thu, March 1, 2012 3:29am EDT by 15 Comments
Jessica Sanchez American Idol

Even with swollen vocal chords, 15-year-old Jessica Sanchez seemed far superior to the other competition!

Jessica Sanchez is incredible. The 15-year-old singer was stronger than all the other top 12 females on American Idol Feb. 29, despite working with swollen vocal chords.

I don’t mean to compare every Filipino singer to my favorite — Charice — but I think she would be impressed by Jessica’s talent. Not only does she have amazing range, but Jessica has stage presence second to none. She’s been groomed for the stage her entire life and it shows.

Watch the performance below (keeping in mind she had some issues with her voice) and tell us what you think. Should Jessica make it to the top 13? Sound off below!

Loading video...

More ‘American Idol’ News

1. Ryan Seacrest Being Replaced By Neil Patrick Harris On ‘American Idol’?
  2. Will Ryan Seacrest Be Fired From ‘American Idol?’
  3. Scotty McCreery Is Youngest Guy To Ever Debut At The Top Of The All-Genre Charts With His First Album!

make money online

Posted at 8:14 AM on April 26, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i am happy to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain to do not forget this web site and give it a glance on a relentless basis.

Ammi Ruth

Posted at 3:58 AM on April 20, 2012

My family would like Jessica Sanchez to be the winner…For us Filipinoes it’s a big honor for us to see Jessica as one of our pride….She has a big potential of winning..We are glad that Ms. J. Lopez and the other judges saved her…I am a fun of Ms. J.Lo..I hope…The Pride of Filipino Singers would come true…Again thanks to Ms. J. Lo and to the other judges for supporting Philippines Bet Ms. Jessica Sanchez.

alibabeterrific

Posted at 9:10 AM on April 10, 2012

Jessica Sanchez is just half filipina, and a mexican father for sure she will get more votes from this 2 country. Her voice sound more of a Shakira, so I think she will sung a few song of Shakira. :)

Princess Ashley

Posted at 8:14 AM on March 8, 2012

Thumbs up for JESSICA SANCHEZ! Proud to be Filipina! Yeah! Go Jessica!!! Filipino are very talented! Proud to Be Bataeño!!!!

LaMont

Posted at 4:15 PM on March 7, 2012

There’s no doubt in my mind your going to make it to the TOP! I would love 2 hear U Sang “The Greatest Love of All” By-Whitney Houston Thanks Luv Ya LaMont

joshua

Posted at 7:49 AM on March 4, 2012

why Filippinnos are so talented and get famous in Music scene today???? thumbs up!

Sonetta

Posted at 10:41 PM on March 3, 2012

Like Charice, Jessica was born to sing…and like Charice she has that star confidence because she knows she’s good….I don’t see any reason why she can’t win the title…if she doesn’t then it simply means America is not just ready for an Asian-American idol and that would be a sad thing….

Jessire

Posted at 11:35 AM on March 3, 2012

She will for sure! Gosh! I’m so proud to be a FILIPINO! Go Jessica!

Joel

Posted at 9:25 AM on March 2, 2012

Watching this video or hers makes me feel relieved and relaxed after a tiring loads of work today. Very entertaining! It feels like seeing it over and over again, Sounds like crazy but i did it!

Frank

Posted at 6:32 AM on March 2, 2012

Both of them has great voices – CHARICE and Jessica – and I hope to see Charice guesting in American Idol this year.

efffyoufools

Posted at 3:38 PM on March 2, 2012

she is cute.

Frank

Posted at 6:31 AM on March 2, 2012

Yes she has a beautiful voice. CHARICE too. Filipina’s voices are great!

Rob

Posted at 5:51 PM on March 1, 2012

Yeah, she’s awesome…very soulful and churchy for an asian girl…but her song choices have got to get better than this.

P.S. My favorite is Charice too.

gbtw

Posted at 2:30 PM on March 1, 2012

pretty amazing. but, a good voice isn’t all it takes to win idol. she has to keep america interested with her song choices (and have her voice hold up for a long period of time), and fend off the rabid tweens voting for the cutest boy. so, she’s good, but we’ll see…

Mnadykiss

Posted at 4:30 AM on March 1, 2012

Wanna date CEOs, pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, fitness models and Hollywood celebrities? just join ___RichMingle,C-0′M___ , the best online dating club for you.