'Revenge' Recap: Tyler's Killer Is Revealed

Wed, February 29, 2012 11:18pm EDT by 21 Comments

But it’s not who you think! Plus, Emily might be totally losing her mind.

After last week’s intense engagement party, the Hamptons gang returned to their usual activities on the Feb. 29 episode of Revenge: Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) sipped some tea, Emily (Emily VanCamp) exposed a bunch of secrets, and Nolan (Gabriel Mann) lurked in every available shadow. Yes, everything was back to normal — minus the part where Daniel (Josh Bowman) was arrested for a murder he didn’t technically commit.

That’s right, kids! Despite the fact that Daniel did shoot Tyler (Ashton Holmes) once on the beach, it was actually Emily’s sensei Satoshi (Hiroyuki Sanada) who killed the eyebrow-less weasel with two follow-up shots. Of course, only Satoshi and Emily know the truth — and I wouldn’t expect him to help her prove Daniel’s innocence anytime soon. In fact, he threatened to “take care of” Amanda (Margarita Levieva) and Jack (Nick Wechsler), as they’re the two remaining loose ends in the beach debacle.

Just as the Grayson’s lawyer predicted, the judge decided to make an example out of one-percent Daniel, denying him bail and shipping him off to Ryker’s Island until his next court date. (It should be noted that, while Daniel looks good in a pair of handcuffs, he somehow looks even better behind bars. He’ll make some murderous gentleman very happy, I have no doubt.)

A few interesting alliances were formed this week: One between temporarily un-bittered exes Victoria and Conrad (Henry Czerny), and a second between Nolan and Ashley (Ashley Madekwe) — who totally thinks Daniel is guilty, by the way. Am I the only one suddenly interested in Victoria’s party planner-turned-PR minion? She’s going to use this whole situation to her advantage, and I can’t wait to see her unleash her inner snake.

So what’s my only complaint about this week’s episode? It’s the last new one we’ll be getting until April! ABC News is airing a two-week story about a real-life Revenge situation in the Hamptons on March 7 and 14 — but, honestly, that’s not going to cut it. I needs my Grayson fix and I needs it now!

Leave your thoughts on what’s to come in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Revenge updates

nerf stampede ecs 50

Posted at 3:11 AM on April 20, 2012

I just like the valuable info you supply for your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m rather sure I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

Tari

Posted at 2:28 AM on April 12, 2012

Best cast and show in Hollywood in a very long time!! These actors are soooo good that they make you hate who they are and what they do… You wanna root for your teams! ;() so excited that the new episodes are back!!! ❤ best writing Ive seen in a long time!

Angela

Posted at 2:58 PM on March 9, 2012

I love this show but why are there so many gaps between shows? Sometimes it’s two weeks and now an entire month?

Parker Ann

Posted at 4:38 AM on March 8, 2012

We’ve had so many power outages this past week…including at the start of this last episode! Lost all but the first three minutes :(

daniel

Posted at 10:49 AM on March 2, 2012

Apparently, Amanda was already taken care of. Regarding Jack, it all depends on Emily, will she let her boyfriend rot in jail or will she let Jack be the scapegoat to save Daniel? Personally, I would root for Jack, he is from a healthier family…

charlotte

Posted at 6:42 PM on March 1, 2012

I cannot believe how good this show just keeps getting. Every week I am surprised becuz I stay away from spoilers… I was sure it was amanda but I also thought the sensei helped her clean it up. I am pissed that abc is making us wait til april there have been enough breaks can we just get our revenge plz

Theresa elio

Posted at 12:41 PM on March 1, 2012

Wow, I can’t wait until April?

igbis

Posted at 9:47 AM on March 1, 2012

I really enjoyed this episode! To me Daniel was his usual dumb but I’m excited to see Ashley reveal her “inner snake” as you said. I find her extremely pretty and stylish (I’m European).
I can’t wait to c Emily’s next move, I think she’s great and I luv the fact that she’s totally loosing control but still, she won’t stop. So as to Victoria, I simply hate her, sorry, I can’t help it, to me she’s the worst of them all. I really hope she’ll get what she truly deserves. And the murderer was no shocker! What was was the fact that Daniel was actualy not the one being shot.

June

Posted at 9:24 AM on March 1, 2012

This show just gets better & better. I think Daniel is not the poor innocent rich boy he seems, I think he is a lot like Victoria but doesn’t have the clout to pull it off, but he’s becoming a quick study.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:00 PM on March 1, 2012

” I think Daniel is not the poor innocent rich boy he seems.”

Expand on this! I’m interested!

Jenny42

Posted at 7:54 AM on March 1, 2012

This is a major plot obstacle. Daniel would never be indicted for murder, nor do courts send pretrial defendants to maximum security prisons. Obviously the plot requires Daniel to go to Rikers in order to meet someone inside who knew David Clark. Still, though, a murder charge is stretching it.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:01 PM on March 1, 2012

“It isn’t murder if you shoot someone in self defense, who crashes your party uninvited and pulls a gun on you, after escaping from a mental institution where he was placed the last time he crashed a party and pulled a gun on you.”

YES! ACCURATE!

Cesar

Posted at 2:53 PM on March 1, 2012

The problem is that Tyler was shot twice in the back, if he would’ve died from the shot in the front that would look more like self defense, however, why didn’t the lawyer bring up the fact that Daniel had a 15 stitch gash in the back of his head? Why didn’t the judge take this under consideration before sentencing Daniel without a fair trial? It’s got to be something that will prove relevant to the plot but still I was expecting maybe Nolan or somebody say “Hey, by the way, the accused almost had his head split in half…”

Cesar

Posted at 3:01 PM on March 1, 2012

And furthermore, shouldn’t there be a police report about Tyler crashing the beach party and threatening everybody with a gun? If I were in Daniel’s shoes and a nut like that came back I would surely be a bit sensitive, the “just because you’re rich” card was unfairly played here against Danny boy

bobingi

Posted at 5:48 AM on March 1, 2012

When will tonights episode be shown again?

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:01 PM on March 1, 2012

It’s on ABC.com

Theresa elio

Posted at 12:44 PM on March 1, 2012

You can watch it and all past episodes on your lap top or iPad.

disappointed

Posted at 4:29 AM on March 1, 2012

we have to wait until April? So not cool:(

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:01 PM on March 1, 2012

I’m also exhibiting withdrawal symptoms.

jake

Posted at 11:57 PM on February 29, 2012

I’m kinda surprised that they revealed it so soon effectively ruining any suspense but really the killer is no surprise, nor a shocker.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 1, 2012

Right? I was expecting them to drag it out a little longer. I feel like we shouldn’t know.