Rihanna And Jennifer Hudson Vie To Play Whitney Houston In New Biopic

Tue, February 28, 2012 11:51am EDT by 25 Comments
Whitney Houston Biopic

rosetta mac

Posted at 6:27 PM on May 14, 2012

Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your website accidentally, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

Candace

Posted at 2:16 PM on May 5, 2012

If I had to choose, I’ ve narrowed it down. Jennifer Hudson and Rihanna, but now I’m kind of stuck. Hudson was my first choice but I’m having a hard time picturing her as Whitney. She has the voice no doubt, powerful! However, I don’t think she can pull off the Whitney look. Rihanna on the other hand has the features to pull it off, but her voice don’t have what it takes. No, I’m not saying she can’t sing, I love Rihanna’s music. She just have a different voice. So if there’s really a movie coming out, choose wisely. This is huge and I love Whitney and ALL of her music. She was truly an inspiration to me and many others and we definitely wouldn’t want this wonderful memory to be ruined by a Whitney wanna because the role was rushed!

Sincerely, Maree

Sam Fo

Posted at 1:08 AM on April 14, 2012

Eve should play Whitney Houston, she looks just like her, and would be perfect for the part. :)

Alley

Posted at 8:36 PM on February 29, 2012

Ok so Clive and his people have denied this movie..people can’t even wait until she gets in the ground to sart this kind of talk..now with all of that said..Rihanna is a no go..it’s not just that she doesn’t resemble Whitney and neither does any of the ladies, but Rihanna can barely carry a tune with her own songs. To be honest, whoever plays the role should def lip synch and that’s including Jennifer Hudson because no one and I repeat no one can do justice to a Whitney song. No one can even come close..I mean Jennifer Hudson sang that tribute but it was just ok for her. Fact of the matter is, Whitney would sing all the people people in her time off the stage and she would def sing all of our singers out now off the stage..I’m still devastated that Whitney is gone. I still grieve and cry for some reason. I guess because she was my favorite singer of all time

Jermanie Jones

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 28, 2012

Rihanna Really???? In no way does Rihanna seem like the right choice, no offense to her and her talents.

Love Goddess

Posted at 10:30 PM on February 28, 2012

Rhianna makes no sense. 1 – she absolutely too light skinned. 2 – she’s too trampy 3- Can barely carry a tune 4 – I doubt Whitney’s mother would approve of this.

Jennifer Hudson can sing, but she’s too busty.

Kelly Rowland ?

Diana

Posted at 5:29 PM on April 15, 2012

Nicki Minaj!!
lmao jk
jk
Rihanna is a terrible option.SMH.
Kelly Rowland, Jennifer Hudson, Monica, or Eve would be awesome.

moralitypolice

Posted at 8:25 PM on February 28, 2012

Lilla B., blackbeauty, triz and hope:

I was just kidding. Rihanna does not have half the voice that Whitney was gifted with and I doubt she could pull off an American accent.

Jennifer looks nothing like Whitney (although she does have a tremendous voice).

Personally, if I had my way, RiRi would never work again. At least, no endorsement deals. She’s a terrible role model for girls.

Rihannalover

Posted at 5:18 PM on February 28, 2012

Hey guys I just wanted to point out that remember when jlo played selena in the selena film wayy down in the 90’s? she didnt sing her songs. she justed acted it out and selena real voice carried through the film making it more selena like and real. We know that j lo cant sing like selena but they made it look as IF she can. I think they should do the same for rihanna. That’ll be GREAT!! its called acting

rihannalover

Posted at 5:13 PM on February 28, 2012

RIHANNA ALLL DAY BECAUSE i love her endlessly and I want her to succeed in everything she does. I know she would kill it just like everything else. I Love you robyn!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

bessie busby

Posted at 4:45 PM on February 28, 2012

I think they should let singer monica she id the best singer of all but if shes not into it then jennifet hudson

B4byGirlSmart

Posted at 4:40 PM on February 28, 2012

Rihanna is tha 2 play whitney she is the best person to play her

hope

Posted at 4:03 PM on February 28, 2012

rihanna are you all for real who will sing.. it’s a biopic of The Voice isn’t it..

love Riri but she vocals are naff an insult to whitney’s memory unless she will only have the sing…

Tracy solomon

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 28, 2012

I think brandy because of personality and the soft spoken voice her and both whitney carried

Brat

Posted at 2:53 PM on February 28, 2012

Rihanna: eh, eh, eh

blackbeauty

Posted at 2:42 PM on February 28, 2012

Really????? who the hell wants to hear RiRi West Indian accent play Whitney Houston….that would be a disaster! She don’t even look the part let alone sound like her.

Christinna

Posted at 1:50 PM on February 28, 2012

Jennifer should get the part. I like Rihanna but Jennifer’s voice sounds closer to Whitney, especially at the Grammy’s.

Nancy

Posted at 1:33 PM on February 28, 2012

The Singer & Actress EVE should play Whitney in her new biopic. She talented and looks A lot like Whitney in her younger years.

Shayla

Posted at 2:02 PM on February 28, 2012

Wow!!! That’s exactly what I was thinking Nancy.. I really loved Whitney Houston and I want to see this role done right, from the acting to the look and the voice. My first thought was Michelle Williams of Destiny’s Child but she doesn’t have the look. Eve may not have the voice but google her images and the look is pretty close. I can understand the other picks but who threw Rihanna in the bunch?? And why

Sam

Posted at 1:02 AM on April 14, 2012

Yes!! I vote for Eve as well. :) She’d make the perfect part

moralitypolice

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 28, 2012

Rihanna might have the creative edge on this one.

After all, RiRi and Whitney both have a fondness for abusive jerks named Brown.

Lilla. B

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 28, 2012

@ moralitypolice. I was going to say Jennifer Hudson because shes the closest to Whitney in Actual Singing Talent but your answer made me change my mind lol Good Point.

blackbeauty

Posted at 2:45 PM on February 28, 2012

Low Blow….lol but if you and Lilla B heard RiRi talk with her strong accent you both will change your minds.

triz

Posted at 4:03 PM on February 28, 2012

HAHA…funny, yeah the same fondness and same jerks name Brown , but i think unfortunately Rihana doesn’t have the voice and the looks like Whitney,Riri is good but they’re just different. Hope there will be a perfect choice to respectfully play Whitney.

hope

Posted at 4:06 PM on February 28, 2012

yes she would be a great choice as long as they get a singer.