'Jane By Design' Recap: Jane Loses Nick & Blows Her Big Secret

Tue, February 28, 2012 10:17pm EST by 10 Comments

A breakup, a slip-up and a hangover? Needless to say, this was not Jane’s best week.

Jane (Erica Dasher) had a good run keeping up her double life, but we all knew her big secret had to come out eventually — and that’s exactly what happened on the Feb. 28 episode of Jane By Design when Ben (David Clayton Rogers) stumbled on some old pictures of Jane on her recent trip to Paris. But will he be cool with everything, or has our little fashionista reached the end of her runway?

We’ll have to wait until next week’s big finale to find that out, so let’s just focus on this week’s shenanigans for now.

Jane tagged along with India (India de Beaufort) on a little business trip to business trip to Beverly Hills — and by “tagged along” I mean “spied for Gray” — and discovered she was secretly meeting with Gray’s (Andie MacDowell) husband! It turns out he was trying to court her for a new job, but she claimed she turned him down. Color me skeptical, but I have a feeling she’s not telling the whole truth.

Meanwhile, the rest of the people in Jane’s life went on a camping trip — but it wasn’t quite the Kumbaya-fest they were expecting.

Lulu (Meagan Tandy) demanded that Billy (Nick Roux) officially choose her over Jane, and when he couldn’t, she kissed Nick (Matthew Atkinson)! Granted, this was after India picked up Jane’s phone and gave Nick the impression that Jane was sleeping with some smooth-talking rando — but that’s still no excuse for them kissing. If Lulu and Nick were both willing to jump ship that quickly, maybe neither one of them was fully invested in their relationships in the first place.

And things went from crappy to crap-tastic for Billy when he got arrested trying to help his brother Tommy out of a jam.

At least Ben had a good time on the school camping trip. Not only did he learn how to properly roast a marshmallow, but he also finally landed a kiss with Rita (Smith Cho.) Those two might be the most adorable thing on this show — and that’s saying a lot.

What are your thoughts on tonight’s game-changing episode? Do you think Billy and Lulu will be able to work things out? And what about Jane and Nick?! Leave me a comment with your wishes for next week’s finale.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Jane By Design updates

Bann

Posted at 6:39 PM on March 6, 2012

what did india give jane?? a keychain?

katherine

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 5, 2012

My favorite is still Jane and Nick. hm! He better have a valid response for this and he should tell Jane asap! lol. I like Lulu and Billy but I also like Harper and Billy because Lulu seems too immature for me. she’s getting on my last nerve. I think I like her with Tommy now that I’m thinking about it. lol.

Sai C

Posted at 5:18 PM on March 1, 2012

NOOO!!!! JANE AND NICK ARE THE CUTEST COUPLE EVER!!!!! IM SO SAD! Lulu and Billy go WAY better together than Lulu and Nick. I feel so sorry for Billy, he was just trying to help! God, I can’t wait until the next episode! I hope Jane and Nick patch things up! :'(

H

Posted at 1:14 AM on February 29, 2012

I think that Billy will confess that hes in love with Jane. If you stick around and watched next weeks little preview; Billy says he has to confess something. I really hope so, they’re my favorite and i want them together. I kind of hope that Billy beats up Nick and Jane slaps Lulu, they deserve it

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:13 PM on March 1, 2012

I doubt they’d pull the Jane/Billy card this soon. But someday, yeah, you know it’s coming.

nana

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 28, 2012

my best friend’s aunt brought in $21509 a month ago. she is making income on the laptop and bought a $440400 home. All she did was get lucky and put to use the steps uncovered on this link..MakeCash2.com

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:12 PM on March 1, 2012

Spam may be delicious, but it has no place in my comments section.

BE GONE!

Lexi

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 28, 2012

I was so upset when Lulu and Nick kissed!!!! I totally don’t think Billy and Lulu will work things out because they don’t understand eachother and she won’t forgive him about the whole him choosing Jane over her thing. I think Jane will be heart broken about Nick and Lulu kissing. I mean she has said several times that she hates Lulu and for Lulu to kiss Nick it’s not going to go down well. When Jane finds out what India told Nick she will be MAD!!!!!!! Just because India’s relationship went down the drain does mean she has to make Jane’s end badly to! I was so happy that Rita and Ben FINALLY kissed!!!!!!!! I can’t wait for next weeks episode!!!!!!!!!!! It can’t come soon enough

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:13 PM on March 1, 2012

I forget… did Nick and Lulu ever date? Like, before she started hooking up with Billy? Their kiss seemed kind of random.

Sai C

Posted at 5:20 PM on March 1, 2012

Yeah, I’m confused too. I HATE that Nick and Lulu kissed. I’m so UPSET!!!