'The Lying Game' Recap: Rebecca Tricks Alec Into Proposing

Mon, February 27, 2012 10:18pm EST by 43 Comments

But will Sutton & Thayer be able to stop the wedding in time? Only one more week till the epic finale!

Rebecca (Charisma Capenter) has spent the past few weeks manipulating the fair people of Phoenix, and on the Feb. 27 episode of The Lying Game, she finally got the ultimate prize: a ring from Alec (Adrian Pasdar)! But is he really the guy she has her heart set on?

Nope!

Sutton (Alexandra Chando) and Thayer (Christian Alexander) got their snoop on this week, and thanks to a loose-lipped housekeeper — who should totally be fired, by the way — they found out Rebecca keeps a photo of her “true love” inside her locket. And whose picture do you think they found when they finally cracked that puppy open? Ted (Andy Buckley)!

Without even knowing about the locket, Kristin (Helen Slater) confronted Ted about his relationship with Rebecca, which led to a shocking revelation: Remember that mysterious phone call he got while operating on Justin’s (Randy Wayne) mom? It was actually the fertility specialist calling to let him know he and Kristen couldn’t have any kids! It was a sad moment — but I’d be more sad if I actually believed him!

In other disastrous couple news, Ethan (Blair Redford) and Emma tried to make sexy times, but a last-minute confession — he told her he kissed Sutton at the ranch — put Emma’s V-Card swiping on ice. Better luck next time, cowboy!

Meanwhile, Laurel’s (Allie Gonino) big Coachella debut hit a slight snag — OK, fine, a huge snag — when car troubles prevented her and Baz (Adam Brooks) from actually reaching the festival. Their consolation prize was a gig at an old folks’ home, but they also got to a little couple-y bonding, so it wasn’t a total loss.

Next week is the epic spring finale, and I’m kind of freaking out about it.

A few things to ponder: If Rebecca loves Ted, why is she marrying Alec? Do you think Sutton and Thayer will be able to stop the wedding? Was Ted telling Kristin the truth about the phone call? And who REALLY killed Derek? Hit up the comments section with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Lying Game updates

Losing weight Review

Posted at 2:38 PM on May 18, 2012

Incredibly neat piece.truly looking forwards to understanding more. will read on

Dottie Griffin

Posted at 2:01 PM on March 19, 2012

I think that Ted is the father and Rebecca is the Mother. Don’t know what Sutton maybe up to, hope she doesn’t implicate Emma. It sure will be awful on Christin.

texmac12

Posted at 2:04 AM on March 15, 2012

Question for everyone – How many days did season one elapse over? Seems the best guess is 60, only because the first three episodes cover three sequential days each. But does anyone know for sure?

texmac12

Posted at 10:53 PM on March 14, 2012

Question for Christian Alexander – Like a Greek play, your character has done something to his father that in some circles is considered, well, what do you think of playing the roll of the son that turns his father in? What moral ground do you think your character will take in the coming season? Also, if the writers chose your character to become, or identified as a killer, how would you change your preparations for season 2?

texmac12

Posted at 10:48 PM on March 14, 2012

Question for Alexandra Chando – If the writers chose to have you play Sutton as the killer of Derek, are you prepared for being maybe the first actor to play such a roll in a prime time soap drama? Because as bad as J.R. Ewing, Alexis Carrington Colby, Abby Ewing, or Paige Matheson were, they never murdered anyone, except for Paige but that was an accident. Question – For your character Emma, if the writers chose for her to be on her own, sort of kicked to the curb, what will you draw from to showcase any changes, maturity that we viewers might see?

nicole

Posted at 10:22 PM on March 5, 2012

Rebecca is the mother only Sutton knows tho. I think rebecca killed Derek after Alec left with his prints on the crow bar. And then she killed him and placed it in his golf bag.. I think Sutton and rebecca are working together to do something horrible. Cus Sutton said hey mom. Everything is going as planed to rebecca.

C

Posted at 2:35 AM on March 2, 2012

I agree with the ppl who think thayer killed derek. Scanned through the last few episodes on my dvr… Thayer’s reactions and facial expressions in certain scenes are sorta questionable, although at the time, i wouldn’t have had him down as a suspect.

lying games

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 5, 2012

RE: nicole
SAME. I JUST THOUGHT ABOOUT THAT RIGHT BEFORE I READ YOUR POST. i think that she took the photo then went in and killed derek and then she planted it on alec. i think that sutton and rebecca have some plan to give them both want they want and for rebecca thats ted and for sutton thats ethan

TLG fan

Posted at 11:19 PM on March 1, 2012

I do not think Ted took the photo’s. I think rebecca did. How they couldn’t find the person who sent it and she mysteriously got that pic on the day of the trial. And plus she promised sutton/emma that she could get ethan free.

I think alec knows about the twin and rebbeca knows that so she wants to keep an eye on alec. Alec tried to kill/scare sutton and sent emma that gift. It has to be alec, he said he was going to get suttons gift and since he is the da he probaly knew of suttons way of wrapping gifts.

Lucie

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 29, 2012

Does anyone know if all the mysteries are solved next week? including the murderer, whoes behind the notes, and the crash etc? as well as the parent thing. Or, are the producers and writers leaving some things unsolved for a possible season 2?

sara

Posted at 8:31 PM on February 28, 2012

Okay. I think that Ted slept with Rebecca because of all the problems he was having with his wife. Having fertility issues really causes a lot of problems. That one little mistake resulted in Emma and Sutton. The phone call was letting him know that either she had the babies or that one was missing. In order to keep their secret secret no one could find out about the twins and Ted will do anything to keep his wife the woman that he really loves from finding out his huge mistake and risk loosing her. Alec is Ted’s best friend knows everything and is doing what he can to make sure Rebecca doesn’t talk. I think Alec is the killer or at least he went to beat him up for messing up and talking and then Ted went to finish the job to make sure his wife doesn’t find out. Ted doesn’t trust Alec anymore because of how close he has gotten with Rebecca so maybe he took the pic to make sure everyone keeps their mouths shut.
At least this is what i think.

And i am sooo proud of Emma for FINALLY slapping Sutton!

secrets

Posted at 8:40 PM on February 28, 2012

Ted doesn’t seem to know there are twins. Wouldn’t he know if one was kidnapped or if Rebecca had twins????? He truly seems to not know.

Lucie

Posted at 2:54 PM on February 29, 2012

He might know they are twins, he might just think Emma is far away from Phoenix with another family(the Websters in LA)?
Maybe that’s one of the reasons for all the continued secrecy. Afterall, Sutton knows she was adopted, and he knows Sutton knows, so perhaps he doesnt want her leaving to find Emma? How ironic!

lucie

Posted at 6:01 PM on February 28, 2012

So I’m guessing Rebecca and Ted are the parents?! That would explain why she left all those years ago (so Kristin didnt find out), but why didnt Ted then adopt both of the twins? Why just Sutton?
I hope Laurel & Kristin find out about the twins, I’d love to see how they interact with Emma.
I also really don’t want Thayer to be the ‘baddie’ either, because I think after Ethan’s confession he will grow closer to Emma.

G

Posted at 5:29 PM on February 28, 2012

I think Rebecca followed Alec that night and took the picture of him and Derek. I think she was the one who killed Derek or at least had someone do it for her so she could make Alec take the fall to ruin his life. The only reason she is dating Alec is so she can stay connected to Ted and get closer since that seems to be the only way to stay in the circle. I don’t think Thayer is a killer. I’m sure Ted’s wife will dig further and find out that Ted is still lying to her. Any Characters that have been added along the way will have a big involvement somehow in the story otherwise I don’t think they would waste our time with side stories that don’t relate to the main issues. It’s definitely becoming more interesting. I’m sure what Ethan confessed to will drive Emma closer to Thayer, and I also think for the finale one more person will discover the twins secret just for more of a shock factor. I hope the next person to find out about Emma is either her mom or her sister (Sutton’s adopted mom/sis).

Monique

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 28, 2012

In the scene with Emma & Ethan, I’m like ‘awww…’ then when he confesses, i’m like ‘you did the right thing man. it’s better to tell now rather than later.’

HugeFan

Posted at 4:24 PM on February 28, 2012

I love this show. Rebecca is awesome. Loved the Dan/Theresa smooching. They’ve taken me by surprise – a nice one at that. I would love to see them take down Alec. Emma needs to wise up and dump Ethan.

Can’t wait for the finale.

patty

Posted at 8:06 PM on February 28, 2012

Gosh Dan is so hot! Anyone think he’s hotter than Ethan?

Dani

Posted at 1:38 PM on February 29, 2012

Ethan is wayyyyy hotter :) mmm Blair Redford :) xx

Monique

Posted at 4:16 PM on February 28, 2012

Can’t wait to see the spring finale but I don’t want to wait months to see another Lying Game! :(

Joeyny

Posted at 10:35 AM on February 28, 2012

Rebecca is def the twins mom and Ted is their father.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:54 AM on February 28, 2012

Agreed.

Lo

Posted at 8:49 PM on February 29, 2012

I Definitely think that. Never thought Ted wasn’t the father. It definitely isn’t Alec that is the father if rebecca is the mother. Alec is still hiding something… Maybe he is the one who was trying to kill Emma and Sutton and he maybe killed Derek…Alec is definitely NOT INNOCENT!!!

texmac12

Posted at 8:30 AM on February 28, 2012

If Rebecca loves Ted, why is she marrying Alec? ANSWER – I’m thinking that Rebecca is going to set Alec up for Derek’s murder all on her own. There are interviews with the director lost week where he says there might be an arrest next week, so. And with Dan and Theresa on the case too, along with the twin’s gang, Alec is going down. But I don’t think Alec did it, and I think Alec’s ends to justify his means have been too evil but for a good reason. Do you think Sutton and Thayer will be able to stop the wedding? ANSWER – No, and I don’t want them to. Was Ted telling Kristin the truth about the phone call? ANSWER – No and Ted told Alec that he lied to Kristen in the next scene. And who REALLY killed Derek? ANSWER – Thayer. Alec said last week that Dan was not smart enough, but Thayer sure is.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:55 AM on February 28, 2012

“I’m thinking that Rebecca is going to set Alec up for Derek’s murder all on her own.”

She could have just sent that picture to the authorities. Maybe she wants to be his wife while he’s in jail so she gets all his $$$.

G

Posted at 5:26 PM on February 28, 2012

hey

Posted at 7:41 AM on February 28, 2012

Ok so I am pretty sure now we can all assume that Ted and Rebecca are the twins real parents. I am still wondering who took the picture and WHO sent it to Rebecca? Plus who sent the note to her? Some people think its Annie but how? She is supposed to be in the Hospital no? I feel that Rebecca is definitively not working alone. Now that she is finally getting what she wants (marriage to Alec) It will be interesting to her next move will be.

Kailey

Posted at 6:45 AM on February 28, 2012

I think Emma and Sutton’s parents are Ted and Rebecca. Crazy ?!? I think not ….. :p Why else would a picture of Ted be in her locket ? Maybe that’s why Rebecca left Pheonix. she slept with Ted , got pregnant and had twins , Ted didn’t want the kids , they were put up for adoption , something else happened(idk what) , and she left , but Ted realized he wanted his daughters back , only found sutton , “adopted” her … And yeeee

LuLa

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 28, 2012

Ted left the surgery after he found out that one of the twins had been kidnapped. Ted and Rebecca are the girls’ parents.

lovethelyinggame

Posted at 1:55 AM on February 28, 2012

Thayer is a bad guy! Stay tuned. He’s tricky and smart enough to get away with stuff. Plus imagine how shocking it will be for the group(Mads, Sutton, Emma, Ethan) to find out that a killer is among their little group watching their every move. Do you guys realize Thayer is watching and tracking their every move??I wonder who he’s working with.

texmac12

Posted at 8:23 AM on February 28, 2012

I agree with you. Thayer is behind the notes, the photo sent to Rebecca, was working with Derek to take Sutton to that parking lot, has been trying to frame is father, and Thayer killed Derek.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:55 AM on February 28, 2012

Yeah, I have a feeling Thayer killed Derek too.

Monique

Posted at 4:27 PM on February 28, 2012

Though I agree that Thayer is pretty smart, I don’t think he killed Derek! It was his dad, Alec.

Lying Game Fan Too

Posted at 1:34 AM on February 28, 2012

I agree Ted’s the father. Enough already confront them, let them know they are twins! It’s a great show just too long to wait for Answers.

lyinggamefan

Posted at 11:43 PM on February 27, 2012

I think that Rebecca is the real mother of the twins and Ted is the father. The phone call that he received that night was probably from Rebecca telling him she was pregnant.

Persiancat

Posted at 12:35 AM on February 28, 2012

I think the call was from Rebecca telling him she was in labor because soon after the call Ted left the operating room and let the intern finish up the surgery. I think he left to go be with Rebecca during her labor.

MrsOlskool

Posted at 11:31 PM on February 27, 2012

I still think that Rebecca’s their mom because of the resemblance (Charisma & Alexandra). It will be a total shock to find out that she’s not! I don’t think that Alec killed Derek, but Rebecca has found a way to use that against him.She’s not working alone…the question is who?

lovethelyinggame

Posted at 10:46 PM on February 27, 2012

Ted is the twins father.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:05 PM on February 27, 2012

I’m on board with that theory. As long as Alec’s not the dad. Then EVERYBODY would be related. 0_o

lucie

Posted at 10:27 PM on February 27, 2012

is anybody else totally thinking that Rebecca might be the twins’ biological mother?? and possibly Ted or Alec the father??

secrets

Posted at 10:58 PM on February 27, 2012

Father can’t be Alec because then Thayer would be related to Sutton and she slept with him.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:06 PM on February 27, 2012

I’m 100% sure Rebecca is the mom, and for the sake of incest, I REALLY hope Alec’s not the dad.

Dani

Posted at 1:44 PM on February 29, 2012

I think Ted must be the father…surely the creators wouldn’t make Sutton sleep with her own half brother?!?!?! I don’t think Alec is the father but I definitely think Rebecca and Ted are the parents. Especially Rebecca after what she said to Annie at the end of one of the episodes “oh Annie what have you done now?”. And the resemblance of Rebecca and the twins is uncanny!
I think Ted honestly doesnt know there are twins…xx