Fans Like 'The Hunger Games' More Than 'Twilight'

Sat, February 25, 2012 1:54pm EDT by 70 Comments
The Hunger Games And Twilight

Lizzie

Posted at 6:55 PM on March 4, 2012

I love both series along with Harry Potter and all that. There is no “vs” in my mind. There should never be either. Each series, each movie, each writing is completely unique in some shape and form and should stay that way. We should be able to like both without conflict shouldn’t we?! I really hate this “twilight vs hunger games” in the media because, really, there is no such thing. They can’t be compared. It’s just so ridiculous.

adam

Posted at 5:33 PM on March 1, 2012

LORD OF THE RINGS, STAR WARS, AND HARRY POTTER FTW! SCREW PERCY JACKSON, THE HUNGER GAMES, AND TWILIGHT!

Brea Domigi

Posted at 2:00 AM on March 1, 2012

I read the Twilight books and I actually enjoyed them, but I am not a fan of the movies. I have never set sight on the Hunger Games books, but based on the trailer for the movie, it looks pretty good. I’d be more likely to watch the Hunger Games far more than a Twilight movie. (Though I’m more likely to read the books now) I think that The Hunger Games movie is more appealing to a wider audience. Maybe it just has a better trailer… and actors.

Nicole Martinez

Posted at 9:16 PM on February 29, 2012

Oh yeah cause theres this random chick who looks like that girl with the HUGE forehead taking children to play a stupid game please & you call twilight unrealistic thats illegal. This is just going to be boring as starwars like what the F**k is that? but w,e, i wanna watch it so i can laugh at it hahaha

Nina

Posted at 3:58 PM on March 7, 2012

…Yeah, because a sparkling billionaire vampire and a werewolf/spirit animal/shape changer with a penchant for loving infants is totally realistic. *nudge nudge*

ULGA

Posted at 8:20 AM on March 19, 2012

well for not liking it you sure so know alot about :))) LOLZ

Katlyn Guzman

Posted at 9:10 PM on February 29, 2012

I bought the hunger games book at a bookstore(barnes&noble) & literately opened it up read the first page and threw it out LOL its so boring i rather getting shot then to read that TORTURE & im not even a twilight fan but would rather twilight over the hunger games ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic Kendall

Posted at 4:01 PM on March 7, 2012

WHY “LITERATELY”?! You’re OBVIOUSLY NOT LITERATE.
And if you meant literally I’m glad you have that much money to waste on buying books and throwing them out after reading a page.

Mariah Lindsey

Posted at 9:07 PM on February 29, 2012

Please Twi-Hards go HARD! F*** The Hunger games

UG

Posted at 8:22 AM on March 19, 2012

im with you

Ashely Corretez

Posted at 9:05 PM on February 29, 2012

What the hell is the hunger games? lol

???

Posted at 1:37 AM on March 8, 2012

I have noo idea either:))

Lauren

Posted at 9:58 AM on February 28, 2012

Overall, I think twilight will still end up with more fans. Besides part 2 breaking dawn is coming out a whole after THG. So, the excitement will die down and twilught will be back at the top like always. I’m not thrilled about THG I have read a book of it and found it not interesting. That’s just my opinion. Team Twilight Saga!

loyal tribute FTW

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 28, 2012

yes, you may be right about twilight being on top… for awhile. but that will be the grand finale, FINALE!on the agenda i don’t see anymore twilight movies, do you? soon enough catching fire will happen and that will put a spear threw its heart and it will be dead for good and if catching fire does not do that. than time will.I’m not saying twilight wont be spoken of for its romance but i think the went a little over board on romance

Liz J

Posted at 5:22 AM on February 28, 2012

I have read The Hunger Games trilogy and also the Twilight series and they are both brilliant in their own individual ways. As for one doing better than the other, well I do think that The Hunger Games will come out on top as it does appeal to a wider audience. The proof is in the pudding as both myself, a 26 year old mum of 2, and my little sister, a high school student of 12, both love The Hunger Games and cannot wait for the film to be in cinemas the end of March. Also our mum is currently reading The Hunger Games and really enjoying it. The Twilight series she started but has never finished and has said herself she is in no hurry to.

c

Posted at 12:12 PM on February 27, 2012

never read the book, granted i’m not a teen but based on previes it looks awful

Lauren

Posted at 9:54 AM on February 28, 2012

Which book are you talking about?

Abby

Posted at 7:10 PM on February 26, 2012

The hunger games also does have a large fan base. I’m still a ten year old girl, and I’m going to go see it with my grandma, mom, and my little sister. Also my dude friends really liked the books, and they were going to see it, as well as my basketball teammates. It has a wide variety of fans. As for twilight, it mostly is for women, and teenagers that drag Thierry boyfriends into the theater. The hunger games is the best books I’ve ever read, and even though I read twilight, and watched the movies, I still think that the hunger games is more inspiring, and more intriguing. I’m not saying I hate twilight, it’s just not as amazing as the hunger games.

Bailey

Posted at 9:48 PM on February 26, 2012

Right, I’m sure a ten year old girl knows how to use proper grammar. Try again sweetie

Damon

Posted at 8:43 AM on February 28, 2012

I have an eight year old brother who can use proper grammar. A lot of pre-teen people are more than capable of writing right, especially when they use spell-check or grammar-check.

Nina

Posted at 3:55 PM on March 7, 2012

Are you seriously insulting a ten year old? What kind of maturity level is that? Shows what kind of fans Twilight has, really.

I

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 10, 2012

Personally I agree with the original comment. It’s true. Guys might actually go to this by themselves where as they wouldn’t go to a twilight movie without their girlfriends dragging them along. Plus I like these books just because it’s just far more interesting, period. I just really wish people would stop comparing Katniss and Bella. Katniss does what she does for her family and plus because she has to. Bella runs away with some dumb sparkly guy and leaves her dad behind for selfish reasons. I just wish people would see that.

Jeanette

Posted at 5:45 PM on February 26, 2012

No one knew that twilight and harry potter movies were going to be so big. Every one is expecting THG to make so much and I think it will opening weekend but after that it wont make as much. Both twilight and harry potter have a wide age range of fans and THG does not. I think THG will probably end up like The Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snickets.

Madbro

Posted at 6:55 PM on February 26, 2012

Not exactly twilight fans are mainly old women or teenager girls who dragged there boyfriend to see the movie and HG has a bigger fanbase to women and men and it has romace as well so yeah I think HG will make more then twilight.

Bailey

Posted at 9:50 PM on February 26, 2012

No, The Hunger Games main drawn is boys. Who will probably drag their girlfriends. There isn’t any romance in this film so most girls won’t want to see it. And like a previous poster said, what HG gains in teen boys they will lose in adults.

Jared

Posted at 8:08 PM on February 27, 2012

thats true. im 14 and im anticipating THG. I hated twilight. lol.

Anna

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 27, 2012

TO BAILEY:

Really? There is no romance? You did not read this book. NO, it’s not MAINLY romance, and the romance that is their is only a bit, but I’ve read the books twice, and I’m a WOMAN. Thank you, a WOMAN, no man had to draw me into liking it. Also, uhm, it happened to be FEMALES who encouraged me to read the book. THG is for both males and females, unlike Twilight which appeals to mostly girls.

Eveyn

Posted at 4:01 PM on March 6, 2012

actually no, in my school their’s mostly females who like the hunger games.

Neabby

Posted at 7:13 PM on February 26, 2012

The series of unfortunate events is nothing like the hunger games, or twilight, and it isn’t even as close to as big as those titles. How dare you???

Alexandra

Posted at 8:15 AM on February 27, 2012

I disagree. Twilight and Harry Potter were expected to be big movies because of the books and how successful they were.

stop comparing

Posted at 3:13 PM on March 25, 2012

IMO people have forgotten that twilight was a small budget indie film and became successful because of the fans . that itself is amazing and the critics as well as the cast themselves were not expecting twilight to became this huge success . whereas the hunger games has been given a big budget and media coverage and so they have a bigger advantage . so to compare both of them is unfair .

helllokitty2142

Posted at 3:21 PM on February 26, 2012

i love them both but i perfer the hunger games more

truth

Posted at 11:09 AM on February 26, 2012

Well all I have to say is that it doesn’t matter how much each series
Sell what matters is if you like it or not.for me I like twilight and even if another movie sells more
If another movie sells more than it I don’t
Care.I luv twilight

Jess

Posted at 7:17 AM on February 26, 2012

Pre Sales mean nothing. Eclipses pre sales were the highest in the series but New Moon took first place in gross sales and Breaking Dawn set to exceed that.

I’m sorry, but THG will not have the same fan base as Twilight. Everyone says that’s it more of a guys film without hardly any romance. But girls want romance. Hence why Twilight did so well. I doubt you will see fans camping out five days before the premiere like you did for the Twilight series.

Me

Posted at 2:31 PM on February 26, 2012

yeah, as if The Hunger Games fans WONT be camping out. You don’t understand how devoted some people are to The Hunger Games. I know a few people who WOULD camp out. Just Say

Felicia

Posted at 5:50 PM on February 26, 2012

You are correct. Hunger Games does have a different fan base. While Twihards are crazy obesseived teenagers who are stupid enough to wait outside for 5 days, us Tributes are mature young adults who realize romance doesn’t make a movie a plot and realistic characters do and will arrive promptly one hour before the movie because we have a life outside of what we love.

Jess

Posted at 9:55 PM on February 26, 2012

Lol. Harry Potter had loads of fans camping out as well. And loads of adults read that series.

The Hunger Games might have do well on the first weekend, after that the sales will drop. This isn’t the type of film that you see over and over in theaters. Someone posted above, what HG gains in teen boys they will lose in adults. Real adults.

c

Posted at 12:14 PM on February 27, 2012

agree, as an adult i have no plans of seeing this movie

Nina

Posted at 4:08 PM on March 7, 2012

Disagree; as an adult I am anxiously anticipating opening day. Though it be on a Thursday when I have to work.

Tanya Humphreys

Posted at 10:07 PM on February 25, 2012

I’m a huge fan of both series! But I do think like many others have said hunger games is more aimed at both genders so I think it has a good chance of being bigger then Twilight. We will see how good the first movie is hey!

Bailey

Posted at 9:57 PM on February 26, 2012

The Hunger Games is aimed at teenagers. You won’t see real adults there. They are missing a hue market that helped make Twilight and Harry Potter. Even before Twilight blew up the series had more book sales than THG does now.

ILuvTHG

Posted at 9:47 AM on March 10, 2012

If you actually THINK about it, THG is a young adult novel. So really their main target are teens not adults. -_-

Adriana

Posted at 8:27 PM on February 25, 2012

@lama funny how harry potter,the lord of the rings,pirates of carribean,ica age,shrek,batman,james bond,star wars are all bigger franchises than twilight. Also is really funny that Twilight 4 pt. 2 is the last movie and yet franchises like the hunger games,the avengers and the hoobit witch are realeasing their first movie this year are more anticipated than BD pt.2 !and yet you say that nothing will be better than twilight.yeaaah right and dogs are flying!

Vero

Posted at 2:17 AM on February 26, 2012

Where the flying freaks are you getting your information at because last I heard, BD2 is one of the MOST anticipated movies being released this year!!! The movies you speak of are the most anticipated movies of the summer!!! If you had half a brain, you would know that BD2 isn’t being released until right before the end of the year, that’s why it isn’t being spoken much of yet–but I will bet you every single cent I own that you will be sick and tired of hearing of it when the time comes–you just wait and see.

THG

Posted at 2:34 PM on February 26, 2012

@Vero – Oh we will see. But rememeber this: fans have been waiting for the Hunger Games movie FOR A YEAR!! And i’m pretty sure Twilight is mainly popular in the teenage FEMALE population. You don’t hear of guys wanting to see the movie, do you? while guys ARE excited for The Hunger Games.

Bailey

Posted at 9:59 PM on February 26, 2012

Yes, again, teenage boys are anticipating THG. Most teenage girls as well as adults are not. HG is losing a lot of their possible audience.

Madbro

Posted at 6:51 PM on February 26, 2012

People already know when BD2 is coming out, like the other movies it comes out every year in november. So how can it be anticipated if people already know about it. The Hunger Games is a new movie with a large fanbase and never seen before that makes it the most anticpated movie. Goodluck with that but I thInk you will be the one to see.

Brandon

Posted at 7:31 PM on February 25, 2012

Absolutely–The Hunger Games is designed for boys and girls, not just girls. Our whole school is going– For Twilight, only some guys went (that got dragged there by girls). So when you increase the audience, you are going to get a huge number of young people… The thing is, less total adults will go. A lot of Moms (totally uncool) liked Twilight. Less adult women have read hunger games, so if it doesn’t do as well as Twilight it won’t be because of teenagers, it will because less old people like Hunger Games. Twilight had these weird 30 and 40 year old women reading it

Bailey

Posted at 10:02 PM on February 26, 2012

Twilight has a very large audience in 20-30 year olds in addition to teenagers. I hardy call those old people. Yes, there are a lot of adult women who like the series because of the romance. Which HG doesn’t have

Nina

Posted at 4:12 PM on March 7, 2012

Yeah, because unfortunatetly the romance has been relegated to a side point so that the unimportant themes of revolution, war, politics, media portrayal and population culpability under government rule (panem et circenses etc) can have their day in the sun.

yep

Posted at 7:22 PM on February 25, 2012

Even if The Hunger Games Doesn’t make more money than Breaking Dawn it wont matter because This will be the First movie for this NEW series besides the first twilight didnt make that much money and im positive that The Hunger Games WILL beat it and the Hunger Games is better and appeals to a larger audience

lama

Posted at 5:47 PM on February 25, 2012

in your dream nothing will be better then twilight

helllokitty2142

Posted at 3:22 PM on February 26, 2012

harry poter was better than twilight

Teresa

Posted at 5:57 PM on February 26, 2012

Haha Harry potter is better than twilight. I read all three series and twilight sucks in comparison to these go. Hunger Games should be compared to Harry Potter . It is an insult that it is being compared to Twilight. Only throng in common is love triangle but Katniss picks the right guy. I mean what idiot picks a man she has to change for because he might eat her. Jacob was her best friend and a much more logical pick.

saly

Posted at 5:36 PM on February 25, 2012

hunger what ?? hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

helllokitty2142

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 25, 2012

i already bought the tickets for the hunger games movie, im glad its not another vampire werewolf thing, my brother would rather watch this than twilight

Me

Posted at 3:48 PM on February 25, 2012

The hunger games is bigger than twilight because there is more fighting and it is a movie for boys and girls

starry

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 25, 2012

just wait n see … but i don’t think so ,they wll bigger than twilight…. !!

Ella

Posted at 2:03 PM on February 25, 2012

Just wait till the final twilight film Breaking Dawn part 2 comes out it will break everything!!!!!!!

THG FTW

Posted at 2:36 PM on February 26, 2012

No, no it wont. . . It most definatley wont beat Harry Potter.

Jennifer

Posted at 6:17 PM on February 28, 2012

Twilight already beat harry potter. lol. but yes the hunger games will probably go bigger only because its a movie that guys might like also, otherwise I wouldn’t say that. the twilight saga facebook pages has 31,000,000 likes which isn’t even the half of the fans.

District12

Posted at 11:26 PM on February 29, 2012

New Moon beat HP then HP beat it again and stayed on top. not a hater on twilight but im a teenager and my friends got me into THG. i tried twilight and I’ll never be a twihard or whatever. Its not a big deal to me but the hunger games and harry potter i will forever love POTTERHEAD

Eveyn

Posted at 4:08 PM on March 6, 2012

twilight never beat harry potter, harry potter made more than the least money that twilight made, that’s sad.