What Happened To Lindsay Lohan's Bloated Face?

Fri, February 24, 2012 11:38am EST by 38 Comments

Lindsay’s face looks completely different — AND distorted– from her days as a Mean Girl. So what’s really going on? Doctors weigh in!

The once pretty redhead, Lindsay Lohan now looks puffy in the face and years beyond her age. Experts say this a classic example of why more isn’t necessarily better when it comes to plastic surgery. She needs to stop now before becomes totally unrecognizable. Don’t you agree?

So, what exactly did the 25-year-old have done?

“Freaky Friday indeed,”  says Dr. Anthony Youn plastic surgeon and author of In Stitches.  “Lindsay’s lips look like two smoky link sausages.  They appear to have been plumped up to the max with a filler like Restylane or Juvederm.”

Dr. Steve Falleck, NY-based Plastic Surgeon and President of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons, agrees that she probably had fillers in her lips, but says they’re “overdone and out of proportion to her lower face.”

Another doctor agrees on that it could be fillers — or a bad case of a fat transfer.

“In my opinion, she has excessive fullness of her lips and cheeks, likely due to too much injectable filler material (such as Juvéderm® or Restylane®) being placed into these areas,”  says NYC-based plastic surgeon, Dr. Adam Schaffner,  Director of JUVA Plastic Surgery.  ”As opposed to injectable filler materials, she may have had fat transferred from one part of her body, such as her abdomen, to her cheeks and/or lips, which is a well-accepted procedure.”

Whatever she’s had done, it was most likely a very recent procedure, Dr. Schaffner says, because of how swollen her face looked when she arrived in court in L.A. on Feb. 22.

Dr. Schaffner says as a doctor, he would not advise her to get more work done. “”In my opinion, I think Lindsay might be best served by refraining from any plastic surgical procedures in the immediate future,” he tells us.

And Dr. Anthony Youn agrees. ” I strongly encourage her to use any money set aside for plastic surgery and spend it on a good therapist,” he says.

Lindsay, please listen to the doctors. This is NOT a good look for you!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you like Lindsay’s new look or do you think she needs to stop before it gets even worse? Vote and weigh in below!

– Nicole Karlis

Aly

Posted at 1:46 PM on March 21, 2012

I still think she looks fine, but she’s defintely not as beautiful as she was back than.

Sarah

Posted at 12:10 AM on March 19, 2012

Not to be mean or anything but Lindsay was so beautiful before she had all that work done. It’s a shame :(

Kim

Posted at 1:08 AM on March 11, 2012

Lindsay please give your life to Jesus and yu will never be the same. You are too young for plastic surgery. Forget about Kim kardashian plastic body,face,nails,everything fake girl. A word to the wise is in enough,forget about we talking about you and do something for yourself in Christ

Kim k

Posted at 3:46 PM on March 10, 2012

Plastic surgery,drug abused. All this girls coming up in Hollywood should learn from her she use to be pretty and talented which am sure she is still talented. Fame took over her life and she is ugly and broke. Her things are in the storage now. I pity her but lets give her the benefit of the doubt because she is better than sex tape Making stars who are talentless

michelle

Posted at 12:06 AM on March 9, 2012

I liked her before pic better. Either way I dont care about her anymore. To me shes done with.

Temi

Posted at 3:52 PM on March 6, 2012

She looks like Donatella Versace, don’t you agree?

Damien

Posted at 6:21 PM on March 4, 2012

Looks more like she is getting a pseudo-Cushing’s plumpness from alcoholism and/or prescription meds. People with Cushing’s Syndrome often start out just like this and it gradually gets worse. Pseudo Cushing’s is the body’s imitation of this glandular disease when one drinks too much alcohol or takes certain medications. But since she is on probation and unable to drink or take illegal drugs, I would think that the puffiness is caused by anti-depressants like Lexapro, or Effexor or Abilify or Seroquel or even Lithium. I would bet she’s on at least one of those drugs — and almost evertbody who takes them gets fat and puffy.

Selisa

Posted at 3:56 PM on March 7, 2012

I think she had fillers injected. I also want to point out to that Antidepressants will definitely make you gain weight and it is most noticeable in the face to begin with. I took Zoloft in the past for awhile and it made me gain weight. I went from being a healthy 108 pounds(I’m 5’2″ small frame) to 125. Then the weight just kept creeping on. I quit taking Zoloft and began taking Cymbalta because it is for Fibromyalgia and my doc thought it would help. The only thing it did was make me gain even more weight. I ended up being 140 pounds by the time I quit taking the Cymbalta. I was getting up during the night and eating and drinking and I didn’t even get up to swish my mouth with water and it took a tole on my teeth as well as my figure. Since I quit taking the Cymbalta I have lost 23 pounds! My secret is portion control-eat what is needed to be healthy and don’t overeat. I also cut back on the junk food and I don’t crave food during the night anymore so I cut out the midnight snacking. I have slimmed down quite a bit. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but when you have a small frame alittle weight makes all the difference! And, Lindsay please take better care of yourself. I do not want you to join the 27 club!! And no more plastic surgery either-you are pretty enough without it! You need to quit working on the outside and start working on what’s inside and find peace and happiness within yourself! It is the only way you will ever be truely happy!

Jen

Posted at 5:57 PM on March 4, 2012

I can’t believe she did this to herself! She is so young. She looks rediculous and she was a good looking girl before. Hopefully her sister won’t make the same mistake. Her sister will be the pretty one.

Denise

Posted at 8:03 PM on March 3, 2012

If you REALLY look at the picture, you can tell she is pukering her lips which makes it look ALOT worse than it is.

LPG

Posted at 4:26 AM on March 2, 2012

Like I said, crack is whack!

TaraLeigh

Posted at 12:17 AM on March 2, 2012

I saw an advertisement just a few minutes ago for Saturday Night live which is being hosted this week by Lindsay Lohan. I can’t believe how horrible she looks! Why did she ever do that to herself. She used to be pretty. Not so any more. The girl is only 25 and she easily looks 20 years older. Yuck!! She has more money then brains. I feel so sorry for her. She has become such a train wreck.

Natisha

Posted at 10:05 PM on February 28, 2012

Don’t let ppl get u done….but that look is not for u, ur the cute girl that everyone love those eye and ur smile tells a lot about don’t change that now. I’ve watched u through ur ups & downs and I wish I was there to inspire u as u have inspired me for year we r the same age. Have faith u were already born a diamond just dust off n continue to shine….

Veronica

Posted at 6:03 AM on February 27, 2012

When I as younger, Lindsay used to be my idol. Now, I’m just so disappointed in her. I don’t even like her as a blonde. She looked beautiful as a redhead. And now, she did this. I have nothing against her or anything but I am disappointed. :(

Bella

Posted at 9:50 AM on February 25, 2012

I don’t recognize her… She looks horrible now :(

099

Posted at 12:01 AM on February 25, 2012

trying to remove her freckles

Matt

Posted at 8:47 PM on February 24, 2012

Lindsay should have found a better plastic surgeon. One who isn’t afraid to tell her “no, that would make you look worse than you do now”.

Lindsay should be on scheduled fitness program and get on a healthy meal plan like the “5 Factor Diet”.

She needs to stop smoking cigarettes and the Red Bull and any other prescription drugs she really doesn’t need. No street drugs of course. Wear sunscreen. Don’t overdo the makeup and don’t wear inappropriate clothes to certain places.

Krystal Angel

Posted at 7:17 PM on February 24, 2012

Lindsay Lohan has in my views let herself go. She used to be a wonderful actress until she started the drugs and alcohol. At one point she WAS my idol. Now she is just another superstar gone bad…

Zephyr

Posted at 6:41 PM on February 24, 2012

The problem is not plastic surgery. The problem is her addiction to drugs and booze. She can claim that she’s sober all she wants, but anyone with any common sense at all can tell she’s still very much using just by looking at recent pics in the past month or so.

soridalys

Posted at 6:29 PM on February 24, 2012

OMG, what happened to her, she used to be beautiful.She looks terrible…

hellokitty2142

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 24, 2012

she was so pretty back then…not anymore

disco

Posted at 2:09 PM on February 24, 2012

Lindsay has done everything wrong:

- smokes cigarettes which ages you
- consumes too much sugar, caffeine (energy drinks)
- when do we see her hit up the gym? NEVER
- I bet she doesn’t eat clean, fresh, green foods often

She’s too lazy to take care of herself, so she’s pays a dr. And she will look terrible in her 30′s!

c

Posted at 2:06 PM on February 24, 2012

jeeze! soon she’s going to start looking like dolly parton (currently)

J

Posted at 1:04 PM on February 24, 2012

Well I mean she is 25 now. She’s not 19 or 20 anymore.

I think she looks fine but SHE NEEDS to stay away from messing with her lips.

Zilly

Posted at 12:48 PM on February 24, 2012

Fillers? Isn’t she like 25 yrs old? She ruined her face puffy face and ugly hair, yep she is on the road to a comeback
but as who?

gbtw

Posted at 12:47 PM on February 24, 2012

maybe in her drive to get into character for her liz taylor role, she’s trying to look like liz did… when she was 70.

gbtw

Posted at 12:48 PM on February 24, 2012

PS- She needs to CTS with that over-processed white straw on her head.