What Happened To Lindsay Lohan's Bloated Face?

Fri, February 24, 2012 11:38am EDT by 38 Comments

Lindsay’s face looks completely different — AND distorted– from her days as a Mean Girl. So what’s really going on? Doctors weigh in!

The once pretty redhead, Lindsay Lohan now looks puffy in the face and years beyond her age. Experts say this a classic example of why more isn’t necessarily better when it comes to plastic surgery. She needs to stop now before becomes totally unrecognizable. Don’t you agree?

So, what exactly did the 25-year-old have done?

“Freaky Friday indeed,”  says Dr. Anthony Youn plastic surgeon and author of In Stitches.  “Lindsay’s lips look like two smoky link sausages.  They appear to have been plumped up to the max with a filler like Restylane or Juvederm.”

Dr. Steve Falleck, NY-based Plastic Surgeon and President of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons, agrees that she probably had fillers in her lips, but says they’re “overdone and out of proportion to her lower face.”

Another doctor agrees on that it could be fillers — or a bad case of a fat transfer.

“In my opinion, she has excessive fullness of her lips and cheeks, likely due to too much injectable filler material (such as Juvéderm® or Restylane®) being placed into these areas,”  says NYC-based plastic surgeon, Dr. Adam Schaffner,  Director of JUVA Plastic Surgery.  ”As opposed to injectable filler materials, she may have had fat transferred from one part of her body, such as her abdomen, to her cheeks and/or lips, which is a well-accepted procedure.”

Whatever she’s had done, it was most likely a very recent procedure, Dr. Schaffner says, because of how swollen her face looked when she arrived in court in L.A. on Feb. 22.

Dr. Schaffner says as a doctor, he would not advise her to get more work done. “”In my opinion, I think Lindsay might be best served by refraining from any plastic surgical procedures in the immediate future,” he tells us.

And Dr. Anthony Youn agrees. ” I strongly encourage her to use any money set aside for plastic surgery and spend it on a good therapist,” he says.

Lindsay, please listen to the doctors. This is NOT a good look for you!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you like Lindsay’s new look or do you think she needs to stop before it gets even worse? Vote and weigh in below!

– Nicole Karlis

Marie Shanahan

Posted at 11:29 PM on January 24, 2013

Leave her alone. She grew up in Hollywood and her parents, who I have no right to judge, also, seem to be, at least, Hollywood types. I thinks he aged rapidly due to her lifestyle. And plastic surgery has not helped. Pray God, all she had to do is stop partying and get herself right with God. Regain her balance and settle down a bit. I think that she could bounce right back as a natural beauty, whatever she’s done, plastic surgery wise. A few years out of the spotlight and surrounded by the right people, could do her a world of good. I just worry that she’s going to turn out like so many other stars who lived too hard and died too young. That young lady needs to be SAVED, if anyone ever needed to be saved. So don’t condemn her, you’re not in her shoes. Say a prayer that she’ll make the right decision as only she can.

Jen

Posted at 11:31 PM on September 3, 2012

She was so beautiful she needed no plastic surgery now I’m sorry to say she looks awful and so old its sad to see someone so beautiful get this horrible

Kiara

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 13, 2014

Lindsay looks like a slut in that picture

Melanie

Posted at 11:19 AM on June 10, 2012

I honestly think to much plastic surgery and drug use will degenerate from the inside out. Nose jobs are very complex and most of the time your smile and the top part of the cupids boa will never look natural ever again. By the time mean girls I’m sure Lindsy already had some work done. I don’t there really is a such thing as corrective surgery. Hollywood….???? Not all directors are looking for plastic people and don’t want it all the time proabaly never. The pressure is from within and all of Hollywood are delusional. Idiots.

Debbie

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 15, 2012

Its so sad to think that she is my daughter age. What, mid twenties. She has aged herself so much. At first I did’t like her blond look, and now changing that beautiful face of hers. If she doesn’t get help soon she will keep going either to do more or fix what she has done. I hope there is still hope for this girl.

Jennifer

Posted at 6:34 AM on May 9, 2012

Lindsay was beautiful! I can’t believe that she can for one second think that what she has done to herself is attractive at all!

Shabnam

Posted at 9:46 AM on May 5, 2012

Lindsay was so beutiful…
but now…
I’m sorry for her…

Edwin Asher

Posted at 1:54 PM on April 29, 2012

Must say Lindsay Lohan looks terrible with surgery. She definitely didn’t need this surgery. Why would you do that to yourself??? Well bad….

Cherry Bomb Baby

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 23, 2012

L-Lo must stop before she ends up as another Joycelyn Wildenstein!!!! This is completely insane! Thumbs down!!!

Skye

Posted at 3:55 AM on April 10, 2012

What a train wreck. I’ve lost my absolute respect for her, I’m thirteen and thats saying something. She’s messed up her career because society and peers put pressure on her to become this big star. This is stress she probably can’t handle, so drugs was an extra option of stress relief. All I can say is there’s this word and it’s called ‘No’. shame.

Krys

Posted at 6:31 PM on March 30, 2012

Wen I first saw her I was like omg her face is huge. She looked so much better b4 now she jus looks like her face is pregnant. Poor girl she probably thinks this is a good look 4her but it does her no justice.