Katy Perry Ready To Start Dating & Rihanna Wants To Set Her Up, Says Close Source

Fri, February 24, 2012 2:07pm EST by 14 Comments
Katy Perry dating

A source close to the gorgeous singer tells HollywoodLife.com that Katy’s friends are telling her that she needs to start dating again and not waste any time — Rihanna even wants to set her up!

Katy Perry might not be a single lady for very long. The award winning singer has remained incredibly resilient despite her recent divorce with Russell Brand, and although she hasn’t been spotted out with a new man, a source tells HollywoodLife.com that she’s ready to get back into the dating scene.

“Katy has been very upset about the divorce,” a source tells us. “She never expected it to end and now she’s dealing with the aftermath. But her friends are telling her to get back out there and date. They don’t want her to waste time being upset over Russell.”

The source added that Katy’s good friend Rihanna is trying to get Katy to go out more and meet people.

“Rihanna wants to help Katy in any way she can,” an insider says. “She is telling her that she’ll start setting her up too!”

— Chloe Melas

More Katy Perry News:

1. Russell Brand Called Katy Perry Several Times After Her Revenge Grammy Performance
  2. Jeremy Scott Collection: Perfect For Katy Perry
  3. Katy Perry Plans To Trash Russell Brand Again

Elisia jones

Posted at 12:41 PM on September 21, 2012

i think she should cause she so pretty and he has moved on

julie rivera

Posted at 9:42 PM on September 6, 2012

well is katy perry and rhianna dating?????????? i wanna know

Yo mama

Posted at 12:21 AM on March 3, 2012

Katy u should totally star dating agin

amli joseph

Posted at 5:24 AM on February 25, 2012

i don’t think that she needs to date with any one because she is a famous star and if any one love her with the core of his heart than he will come n propose him

Cleo

Posted at 8:13 PM on February 24, 2012

Not too many men found in cow pastures these days. If they are, usually one of the cows already has taken him. But good luck Katie. I won’t udder a word if you sneak in, no one will notice.

Brian

Posted at 6:29 PM on February 24, 2012

I agree with Jeff. Russell Brand is definitely an idiot. It’s his loss and some lucky new guy’s gain. Katy should be at the top of the list of eligible new single ladies in the Hollywood area.

I think she’s one of the best looking, fun loving, talented musicians I’ve seen in a long time. I bet Katy is going to be surprised how many guys will want to meet up with her and hang out at a party or something.

I know if I was a bigtime musician or Hollywood actor who runs in the same social circles as Katy, I would give it a shot.

Jeff

Posted at 5:31 PM on February 24, 2012

I just want to say that Russell Brand is an idiot. If I had someone as amazing, fun loving, and beautiful as Katy Perry, I would fight tooth and nail to keep her happy and the relationship strong. She is as close to perfection as one can get. He had everything and just threw it away. I, personally, would feel like the luckiest guy on Earth if I could just meet her and go out on one date with her. He was given the chance to spend the rest of his life with her, but that wasn’t good enough. Biggest mistake of your life Mr. Brand! I wish I could be there when you realize that.

SAlly wong

Posted at 6:43 PM on February 29, 2012

you don’t even know Katy Perry personally. How could you say you’d fight tooth and nail to keep her? I understand your very very good intentions and I agree Russell was an idiot.

Mandy

Posted at 5:19 PM on February 24, 2012

She was singing about seeing Teabow’s peacock, she was always wasted during their marriage and her song at the Grammy’s did not seem like a song for the broken-hearted. I think they’ve both moved on.
Russell seemed very into the marriage. Wasn’t Katy on tour for 9/10 of their wedded life? How was this union supposed to be magically sustained when they never saw each other? It was all Katy’s fault. And I don’t think she was ever upset about the divorce.

SAlly wong

Posted at 6:44 PM on February 29, 2012

“Katy wasn’t very supportive of Russell blablbla” you guys don’t know her or Russell so lay off both of them. A marriage can’t be sustained just by one person so it’s neither of their faults. Though, Russell should have at least told her before filing for a divorce. That’s like betrayal.

kkkk

Posted at 5:13 PM on February 24, 2012

Team Russel,If I fell in love and married a man who was a recovering alcoholic/addict I wouldn’t be getting wasted at parties. I’d try and stay sober with him. She didn’t seem very supportive from the sounds of it.

Lina

Posted at 5:08 PM on February 24, 2012

Stop trying to convince us that she’s upset, devastated and blah blah blah! Why is her PR team asking for sympathy anyway? No one believes her! A day after the divorce she was pictured having a blast in Hawaii, then she was celebrating at Super Bowl and flirting with all the players…then she wanted to see Tebow’s peacock. Yesterday she was partying until 3 am and was all smiles! NO SYMPATHY FOR HER. SORRY.

SAlly wong

Posted at 6:47 PM on February 29, 2012

ever occur to you she did that happy flirty thing to try to cheer herself up? It wouldn’t do to stay in her apartment and just cry and mope! -_- She didn’t want Russell to see her as weak. Sympathy for both of them. I do not know why everyone are always picking on celebrities. “Typical Hollywood marriage” It is not just celebrities divorcing after 1-2 yrs now. A lot of ppl are divorced. And don’t say that it’s because celebrities are modeling bad marriages that they do this. It is not.

Andrey Andreev