'One Tree Hill' Shocker: Is Nathan Dying Next Week?

Thu, February 23, 2012 6:18pm EDT by 22 Comments

Let’s get real for a second: Someone’s about to be fixing cars with Uncle Keith in heaven.

As the final season of One Tree Hill marches on, we’re slowly getting explanations for the shocking flash-forward sequence seen on the premiere — and on the Feb. 29 episode, we’ll finally figure out whose corpse Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) has to identify at the morgue! So who does the mystery body belong to? To figure that out, we’ll have to play my favorite game ever: Tree Hill Corpse Roulette! (Actually, that’s my second favorite game. My first is Dream Phone.)

Nathan: Considering he’s currently in the custody of murderous basketball terrorists, Nathan is the obvious suspect. We know James Lafferty only appears in a handful of episodes this season, but that he’s definitely confirmed for the finale, so perhaps we’ll be seeing angel Nathan. And let’s not forget that Barbara Alyn Woods is also returning for an episode. (She might want to bring a little black dress along for the trip!)

Dan: Considering he’s going all “hero” and trying to save his son, it’s totally possible Dan (Paul Johansson) will get killed in the process. Just think about it: Wouldn’t it be so poetic — and so One Tree Hill – for Dan to receive the ultimate redemption in death? And of course he’d be buried right next to Keith.

Lucas: We know his plane took off… but did it ever land?

Clay: He’s been sleep walking this season. Could he also be sleep dying?

Mouth: He’s gotten super-fat this season. Mayhaps he’s going to eat himself into an early grave?

Skills: I know this is random — especially since we’ve barely seen him this season — but wouldn’t Skills’ (Antwon Tanner) funeral be another good excuse for Deb to return?

Jamie: Doubt it. That corpse would be super tiny, and it’s not.

Chase or Chris Keller: Doubt it. Haley wouldn’t look so sad.

OK, my speculation is “becoming” nonsensical, so I’ll leave the rest up to you. Who do YOU think is going to bite the big one next week? Celebrate democracy by voting in my poll below:

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more One Tree Hill updates

Poetry

Posted at 9:26 AM on May 2, 2012

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I was searching for this information for my mission.

rebecca

Posted at 11:12 AM on April 20, 2012

it is Dan …Dan dies when he jumps infront of the gun shot for nathan ..:(

Natasha

Posted at 12:35 PM on April 10, 2012

I think it’s Dan but I’m not sure and it better not be Nathan because I would cry :( but I don’t think it is Nate because it said he was in the finale soo I’m going to say Dan

Sam

Posted at 7:16 PM on March 25, 2012

Well it’s not Brooke as Haley tells Brooke the next day that she had to identify a body and she looked very alive in that scene!! Don’t think it will be Dan as Nathan apparently shoots him after Dan and Julian rescue him and his life ‘hangs in the balance’. Obviously not Jamie! Lucas is a possibility as we don’t know if his plane lands, Clay…I don’t think so as he’s just found his son and…unless he does die and Quinn takes care of Logan?!? Unlikely though! But stil an option. Skills..no. Mouth..no. Chase..no. Chris Keller…(even though it would finally shut him up)..sadly no as I think Haley would jump for joy rather than cry! Julian..no. Are we thinking someone who has been forgotten from another season rather than it being a main character?!?

Katie

Posted at 11:00 PM on February 29, 2012

Well it is not Brooke haha and Nathan is in the finale. They wouldn’t close the season and show with a funeral for Nate. We find out who dies in episode 10 or 11 so that leaves time for a funeral. My bet is on Dan. He always lived when we wanted him to die. Who is to say they won’t kill him when we want him to live

nuna

Posted at 8:16 PM on February 29, 2012

i dont think its brooke cus if it is the quinn will be crying and sad too but on the preview she looks fine so definitely not brooke. maybe dan. hopefully its nobody though :(

Angela

Posted at 12:16 PM on February 29, 2012

I think that This is a Good stie to go on for stuff but i dont think nathan on OTH is Gunna Die Because it is One Tree Hill :) well We can See Today! Just Hope that Nathan Is Not Dead :) Thanks :)

Denell

Posted at 1:36 AM on February 28, 2012

Looking at things from a logical stand point- i doubt it’s Julian or Brooke- they would be doing the confirmation- not Hayley. I don’t think it is Nathan- I’ve read he is in the Finale episode. I have a strong feeling it’s Dan. Haley would be the closest thing to family he has to identify the body, and she would be extremely devestated for Jaime. Thoughts?

And I think Chase is going to get arrested for beating the crap out of Chucks dad.

melinda

Posted at 1:56 PM on February 26, 2012

brooke hardly has boobs and did not show that part so could be brooke since her abuser was let out of jail, if he was willing to hurt brooke that bad than he is willing to kill her BUT i do have a feeling Dan will be dying this season just wait n watch!

Julie

Posted at 9:47 AM on February 25, 2012

IT ‘ S NOT BROOKE THE BODY DIDN’t have boobs !!!

Megan

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 24, 2012

Couldn’t it be the kidnapper that wanted to kill Nathan instead of holding out for more money? I mean he was the same height and had dark hair maybe they wanted Haley to confirm it wasn’t Nathan! They had to dump his body and the police were conducting a search episode before last so it kinda makes sense!

jack

Posted at 1:22 AM on February 24, 2012

I think Dan will make the ultimate sacrifice to save Nathan. Dan viewed the video Nathan made for Jamie over and over, I think that foreshadows his death. It is the only way for Dan to get redemption and ultimately forgiveness. I don’t think the writers of the show will kill off Nathan, it makes all the hardships he overcame meaningless. However, killing Dan would be closure… Taking Keith’s life, but saving Nathan’s. It would be a nice way to wrap it up.

Sam

Posted at 8:59 PM on February 23, 2012

Haley is going to identify the body so it has to be someone in her family, either Nathan or Dan. They wouldn’t let her identify the body if it were someone else. It’s always family who identifies. But I think it’s someone they think is Nathan but turns out its not, which is why she breaks down

Sarah

Posted at 8:54 PM on February 23, 2012

Everyone you named as possible suspects for who gets killed are in the finale. Brooke, Julian, Nathan, Haley, Julian, Clay. I don’t think Dan is. Even tho Dan is in the episode after this, it could be possible that this is just a DREAM or she’s realizing it isn’t Nathan. Alos, ENews broke a story that whoever actually dies doesn’t die until episode 10 or 11 and whoever dies does it “selfless.” I’m REALLY leaning toward Dan being the one who dies this season.

Lucas

Posted at 8:13 PM on February 23, 2012

Not Nathan since he is in the finale, not Dan since if you read the synopsis for episode 9 it says Haley and Dan team up to find Nathan. So seems to be someone who meets the requirements to possibly be Nathan but is someone she doesn’t know and is crying because it is not Nathan.

marissa

Posted at 7:53 PM on February 23, 2012

I don’t think it’s Nathan..I read an interview of James Lafferty(Nathan) saying he filmed 9 out of the 13 episodes and he’s been in about 6 or 7 so far….and if he’s in the one for next week that would make 7 or 8. I’m not sure what his words were exactly, but i think it almost sounded like he gets out of the mess… But they could do another one remembering Nathan showing scenes maybe never even shown before…But they always try to scare us like with Julian, and Clay, and in the 1st season we thought that Peyton’s dad died to. and if you were to see a dead body of someone who you thought you loved and it wasn’t them wouldn’t you cry for tears of joy and excitement?

kati284

Posted at 7:32 PM on February 23, 2012

she also wouldn’t look that sad over mouth and idk if she’d be THAT ugly faced over Dan i mean he’s jamie’s grandfather and what not but .. i’m voting on nathan

pituki

Posted at 7:29 PM on February 23, 2012

Why aren’t Julian or Brooke on the list. I actually think it might be one of them since they have the psycho as stalker now. Im praying that its no one and the anticipation and fear broke her down once she realized it wasn’t one of them .

kayla

Posted at 7:15 PM on February 23, 2012

I think that it is nathen that dies. Don’t think haley would be thatupset over dan. Could it be brooke? Dude got out of prison…

kati284

Posted at 7:32 PM on February 23, 2012

OMG you’re RIGHT i didn’t consider brooke..

Danielle

Posted at 10:23 AM on February 24, 2012

I read this last night and voted Dan.. but after thinking it over …. it could be Brooke. Yes usually family is the one who identifies bodies, but if crazy pants goes after her and Julian, he could be in the hospital and they ask Haley instead because god knows where Victoria is. I don’t want it to be Nathan. It just … CANT be!:( I wish OTH would never end …

Julie

Posted at 9:45 AM on February 25, 2012

It wouldn’t be brooke the body didn’t have bOobs