Lea Michele & Cory Monteith Dating: Why She's 'Head Over Heels' In Love

Thu, February 23, 2012 4:56pm EST by 98 Comments
Lea Michele and Cory Monteith

There’s been buzz about this small screen couple falling for each other in real life, but now HollywoodLife.com can tell you exclusively how Cory Monteith won Lea Michele’s heart!

Glee fans have been “shipping” this real life relationship for awhile and now it’s finally become a reality! Lea Michele and Cory Monteith are, in fact, dating and a friend close to Lea tells HollywoodLife.com just what makes Finchel such a great couple.

“Lea is head over heels for Cory,” our source says. “Lea says it’s because she and Cory started off as good friends and then their relationship just blossomed.”

The 25-year-old actress broke up with her long-time boyfriend, Theo Stockman, last September and started dating Cory, 29, a couple months later, after working with him for the past three years.

“Lea and Cory have an amazing friendship,” the insider explains. “They are basically best friends. Lea feels she can be silly and totally herself in front of Cory. They also have a lot in common. Lea says what she adores most about Cory is that he is always making her laugh and reminding her not too sweat the small stuff. Plus, he’s gorgeous!”

We’ve always thought Finn and Rachel made an adorable couple on the small screen, but Finchel is even cuter now they are officially a real life item. Do YOU think Cory and Lea are good together?

Reporting by Sandra Clark

More Glee News:

1. ‘Glee’ Paying Tribute To Whitney Houston On This Week’s Episode
  2. ‘Glee’ Recap: Mercedes Struggles With Her Feelings For Sam
  3. ‘Glee’ Sneak Peek: Ricky Martin Gets Sexy As The New Spanish Teacher

Mikaela

Posted at 12:26 AM on February 24, 2012

I want Cory for myself he’s my MAN!!!!!! :)

mel

Posted at 11:39 PM on February 23, 2012

i wouldn’t mind if they were dating at all,but to be honest,this seems like a PR move and nothing more.if it really is true then I’m happy for them,but I’ll believe it when I see it,not based on a sappy rumour made by a trashy website.

to the Dumb Sh*ts

Posted at 11:29 PM on February 23, 2012

Ha all the stupid Achele fans voting no.

hahahahahahhaha

Posted at 11:24 PM on February 23, 2012

You can’t be serious. lolololol

J lam

Posted at 11:05 PM on February 23, 2012

I lovr lea she’s talented and very sexy any guy would have to be an idiot not to want chase aftre her. If only I were younger lol. Have high hopes for her career wouldn’t take my eyes off her. Keep it up lea you’ll be loved and admired as your idol

PREACH

Posted at 11:41 PM on February 23, 2012

i agree with everything you said, i hope lea will work on movies soon, she is a talented actress and she would rock playing other character

hollie

Posted at 10:33 PM on February 23, 2012

Please don’t make rude remarks about either Cory or Lea. I dont know whether they’re dating or not but if these are some of the remarks they’ll be getting, I dont blame them for being private with their rrlationship.

Alexis

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 23, 2012

Ugh, how do people actually believe this? There is no credible source AT ALL. Glee’s ratings are slipping and they’ve noticed that people aren’t so fond of the Finchel marriage storyline as they thought. If they were dating, they’d have nothing to hide.

Katrina

Posted at 10:47 PM on February 23, 2012

I agree. C’mon people, his is just a rumor. Lea is close and affectionate with everyone on the cast.

Giles

Posted at 8:56 AM on February 24, 2012

Glee’s ratings are just fine, and a lot of the people who complain about Finchel are the “shippers” of other couples who are jealous of the attention the writers are giving them.

Alexis

Posted at 2:51 PM on February 24, 2012

Actually, Glee’s had the worst ratings this season. Please go look it up. They haven’t even been officially picked up for a fourth season. And no, I am not a “shipper” of anything. I’m 25 years old and would rather spend my time finding someone to be in a relationship with myself, then harp on some cliched, boring high school romance. They’ve exhausted this storyline.

People liked Glee in the beginning because it was fresh, discussed topics that TV shows normally didn’t focus on, and used an universal artform – music – to convey strong emotions. All that they care about though now is relationships and what appeals to the media. Don’t be so blind when it comes to watch TV; you’re being manipulated. Glee is a terribly written show now that is doing everything in it’s power to go back to it’s glory days WITHOUT actually doing what people enjoyed in the first place.

Ashley

Posted at 12:52 PM on February 26, 2012

I’m not denying that the ratings are worse this season (although I don’t know b/c can’t be bothered to look it up) but no shows have been renewed yet except with a few special exceptions.

And I doubt this is for ratings. If like you said the ratings have gone down b/c of the relationship then no one would watch just b/c Lea and Cory are dating. As an unbiased observer who hasn’t watched Glee Since Season 1, I can tell you that it was obvious from the very beginning that Lea and Cory had a special connection/chemistry, so this relationship isn’t surprising.

Sally

Posted at 10:15 PM on February 23, 2012

So what of the model Cory was seen leaving a hotel with? The picture showed them holding hands. If you ask me, and I know no one has, this is only coming up because Glee’s rating have been going down this year. Why didn’t you guys make a fuss when Harry Shum Jr. said he went to stay with her in NYC and they tweeted pictures during NYE I believe? I just remember thinking it a teeny bit odd that they were together for a holiday.

HL not realible about lea

Posted at 10:34 PM on February 23, 2012

jenna and her boyfriend, darren chris and his family, mark salling, harry shum jr and the original cast of spring awakening all went to spend NY eve with lea michele and her family.
the true is that she is close friend with her coworkers and her former coworkers from brodway, the media saying that she is not friends with the cast it is just the rummors they create about her.
i think she went out with cory yes but as a friend, if they are a couple i’m happy for them.
but i don’t believe this “new information” about them because any lea’s friend would talk with Hollywood Life after all this site has a hate agenda going on against her for a long time.

tj

Posted at 10:39 PM on February 23, 2012

He was never seen at a hotel with any model unless you’re talking you’re talking about him meeting fans with Lea in front of their hotel at 1.30am.

Sally

Posted at 4:27 AM on February 24, 2012

Yes he was. Look it up. It was from not to long ago. He and the model were spotted entering the hotel at night and then having breakfast in the morning before walking out of the establishment. I remember someone mentioned his being seen with that same girl before. It sticks because they said that she looked older and they thought she was a cousin or something before it was cleared up. And really one under me? Because when she was tweeting the pics and i think he tweeted a video they were the only two mentioned. Once again, look it up if you want to. I didn’t, i just came across it in my feed. I’m not saying I’m right but I’m repeating what I read.

patti

Posted at 9:07 AM on February 24, 2012

No, I’m a big fan of Cory and I follow every pap photo and gossip article about him. He has never been pictured with a model “at a hotel”. The WENN site recently posted some paparazzi pics of Cory with a model called Emi Perry in front of a LA eatery and it was 10:30 in the morning. The photos showed Emi getting out of her car carrying her portfolio and Cory’s car was also in the parking lot. There were also some private pics of Cory in Australia posted on tumblr, and he was with a model. But he was in Sydney to promote the Glee Live DVD and he brought 3 of his close friends with him and the Australian model threw a boat party for them. BTW, the next day, the model left to go on holiday WITH HER BOYFRIEND. That’s the extent of Cory’s involvement with “models” within the past few months. And the woman who “looked older than him” was a friend who went to Cory’s Bonnie Dune concert. Yeah, I may seem like a stalker fan lol I realize that, but these are the facts I know.

kate

Posted at 4:26 AM on February 24, 2012

Yes, Cory was picture with a model but it wasn’t a hotel, It was a LA eatery, they were just having brunch. And they weren’t holding hands at all. FYI, they arrived in their own cars. There were pics of their cars too.

Corina

Posted at 9:43 PM on February 23, 2012

Man the achele and lark fans must be trolling, but if it was a PR stunt like so many of you think it is then there would have had called paparazzi and pictures would be everywhere. Although I’m not sold that they are together Lea’s reps haven’t said anything and when she was supposedly dating mark, Matt and Ashton her reps denied it over night. Cory doesn’t have a girlfriend and Lea doesn’t have a boyfriend either. Whatever happens with them, I still love them both.

Ashley

Posted at 8:57 PM on February 23, 2012

This article is meant for 12 years old tweens. So is the whole stupidity named Finchel. That’s why no one takes Glee seriously these days.

give me a break

Posted at 8:40 PM on February 23, 2012

they are just close friends, lea and cory always hang out together, actually lea hangs out with kevin, damian and harry a lot too.
that means she is dating everyone now?
and the ‘source close to lea michele’ would never talk about lea michele private life to a jornalist that hates her so much like kirstin benson, the same jornalist that created lies about lea michele and said that doesn’t like the actress at all.

Jay

Posted at 8:40 PM on February 23, 2012

Just lol! Lea is more likely to be dating J-Groff, and we all know THATS saying something! Cory seems really nice and all, and I do think they’re really good friends but they have ZERO sexual chemistry! I call bullsh*t!

raily

Posted at 10:07 PM on February 23, 2012

J-Groff is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Diana

Posted at 8:35 PM on February 23, 2012

BS this is obvious PR the sad thing is that they thought it would be effective. I mean honestly isn’t Finchel the reason ratings have been slipping in the first place?

lisa

Posted at 10:13 PM on February 23, 2012

Not really. Blame the inconsistent characterization and random plots. The actors are the best thing about Glee

stop

Posted at 11:33 PM on February 23, 2012

Really can’t blame Finchel for the ratings. On my Way was up and it was advertised as a wedding for these two.

Katie

Posted at 11:43 PM on February 23, 2012

It seems to be effective. LoL Everyone is talking about it and it’s even on the network news. It’s great PR

Dianna

Posted at 8:16 PM on February 23, 2012

I laughed so hard. This is ridiculous.HAHAHA

kar765

Posted at 7:45 PM on February 23, 2012

Glee ratings are slipping…..

katness

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 23, 2012

Ahahahaha, you guys are so ridiculous. Stop believe every crap people tweet or say. They aren’t together, if anything this was a PR move since the whole Finchel wedding, if any on this is true. So they’ve been dating for a few months, clearly Cory forgot that when he went to New Zealand or Australia (can’t remember) and was seen all over the place with another girl, in fact he even posted pics, and they did not look like 2 friends just hanging .
These 2 are just friends, there is not sexual vibe when these 2 are seen together.

P.S I can’t believe you actually think Finchel is a great couple, they are the worst couple on TV.

ollie

Posted at 10:22 PM on February 23, 2012

He didnt post any pics. He went to Austrailia to promote the Glee Live Dvd.

Lmao

Posted at 7:13 AM on February 24, 2012

Actually, there WERE some pictures posted of him with a young woman & they looked very friendly.

Doubt

Posted at 7:23 PM on February 23, 2012

They would make a adorable couple, but i don’t believe HL has any inside information, why lea michele friend would say anything about lea’s life to kirstin benson (a reporter that said via twitter that she hates lea michele and always create lies about her)????
If they are happy great for them, but is difficult to believe this article with when kirstin benson had a biased behavior on the past.

Emily

Posted at 6:49 PM on February 23, 2012

Their was never any proof cory has a gf either.. i smell achele fans and lark fans trying to convince themselves that they didn’t go out on VD…

Lmao

Posted at 6:48 AM on February 24, 2012

Ummmm…Some of us actually have a brain & are deciding to take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

I’m not an “Achel” or “Monchel” shipper-shipping REAL people together is disturbing & pathetic imo.

That being said, I think LM & CM would make a cute couple but I just don’t believe it.

Pam

Posted at 6:28 PM on February 23, 2012

Well, this would be super cute. I hope it is true. As far as some of the rude comments. Cory does not have a GF and if you buy the “big brother/sister” comment from famous people then we have some very strange relationships out there. I could name tons of celebrities that said that about someone and then started to date. The brother/sister comment is the safest thing to say when you want rumors to stop….IMO. Time will tell if this is legit.

Sophie

Posted at 6:47 PM on February 23, 2012

Yes a lot of celebs use the brother/sister line but its usually in response to speculation about them. Lea has said Cory is like a brother many times even when she hasn’t been asked about any rumors about him. Though she could feel differently now, would be weird though, it was only in October when she last said it when talking about how awkward and gross it was to film their sex scene on Glee.

jelena

Posted at 6:49 PM on February 23, 2012

i agree with you pam.. most celebrities use the bro/sis excuse to stop the rumors. common example is Selena and Justin.. and now, they’re dating.. what are the odds? LOL

Emily91-x

Posted at 6:18 PM on February 23, 2012

OMG!! YAY!! I’ve been such a huge FINCHEL / MONCHELE Supporter since the show began! & I might not know the Real couple (Monchele) personally I’m so incredibly happy that their together & that their so happy! I Will Always Support The Pair Whether It’s On-screen or Off-screen xoxo

annie

Posted at 6:07 PM on February 23, 2012

just a brief reminder to Finchel haters: Lea and Cory are real people

Lmao

Posted at 6:38 AM on February 24, 2012

So? What has that got to do with anything? I’m just saying don’t be so damned gullible. Until LM & CM confirm this, I wouldn’t believe it. There are a couple of things that just don’t add up.

PR stunts are done in Hollywood all the time. It’s done as a ratings ploy, to create “buzz” to get the public to tune in.

If, and this is a big IF, this IS true, then good for them. Not that I really care.

Oh and another thing: I don’t HATE Finchel. I just happen to think that they’re a very unhealthy relationship: they’re co-dependent on each other almost to the point of obsession and they have absolutely NOTHING in common outside the Glee club. And this is coming from someone who used to like Finchel.

DontCareWhosDatingWho

Posted at 10:35 AM on February 26, 2012

just a brief reminder annie, Lea and Cory may be real, but Finn and Rachel aren’t. so hate all you want finchel haters!

anon

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 23, 2012

monchele is real,i always know it!!!!!! <3 im crying…

guess

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 23, 2012

This is such a load of bs! I will believe it when I see it. Besides, doesn’t Cory have a girlfriend? Even while playing the hopelessly mismatched & dysfunctional “Finchel”, Lea & Cora give off a sibling vibe, NOT a romantic/sexual tension vibe-in other words they have ZERO chemistry.

In nutshell: not buying this…at all.

anon

Posted at 6:53 PM on February 23, 2012

You’re opinion is subjective but the majority of the glee audience that is not on tumblr generally likes Finchel as the best couple, reviewers always say that Cory and Lea have great chemistry. Plus it was never confirmed Cory has a girlfriend. Not saying I believe this article at all but Cory and Lea seem like pretty private people and if it was a PR stunt they would be more open about it, it’s actually pretty rude to say it was a PR stunt, whether you like Finchel or not Cory and Lea are real people….

hollie

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 23, 2012

That may be your personal opinion but Finchel is popular with the general audience. All my friends and family love them.

Ashley

Posted at 1:20 PM on February 26, 2012

I don’t watch Glee anymore, but to say Lea and Cory have no sexual chemistry is not true. They’ve had it from the very beginning, so much so that I thought they might be dating in real life from the start. Chemistry can be sujective, and if you don’t like the couple you won’t see it. Probably the case with you.

Bryn

Posted at 5:37 PM on February 23, 2012

Oh, please tell me you guys didn’t make this up. I would love for these two to date!! They are so cute together.

Guess

Posted at 5:57 PM on February 23, 2012

Yep, I’m afraid this isn’t true. You shouldn’t believe the press. I smell a PR stunt.

LM has often given the impression that she isn’t attracted to him romantically, that she sees him as a big brother. And as far as I know Cory has a gf. And there is no photographic proof nor confirmation from either Lea or Cory that they’re an item.

lola

Posted at 4:28 AM on February 24, 2012

cory doesn’t have a gf. I’m his obsessive fan, and if I say he doesn’t, he doesn’t.

Anon

Posted at 5:30 PM on February 23, 2012

YES, OMG I KNEW THEY WERE DATING, I JUST KNEW IT! MONCHELE 4 EVEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morons

Posted at 5:45 PM on February 23, 2012

you knew? despite both actors denying it again and again and lea making fun of him on twitter? what are you 12? get real

Matthew

Posted at 5:52 PM on February 23, 2012

God, you don’t have to be so mean. So what if he knew or had a strong feeling about it? Get over yourself

sil

Posted at 11:40 PM on February 23, 2012

Lea making fun of him or twitter when and what does that have to do with anything?