Lamar Odom Misses Basketball Game To Tend To His 'Gravely Ill' Dad Joe Odom

Thu, February 23, 2012 9:48pm EST by 6 Comments
Lamar Odom Dallas Mavericks

Lamar was mysteriously absent from the basketball court on Feb. 22 when his team the Dallas Mavericks took on the LA Lakers and now new reports claim he flew to LA to be by his father’s side.

Lamar Odom isn’t thinking about basketball right now, he’s home with his dad Joe Odom. Dallas Maverick’s coach, Rick Carlisle told reporters a half-hour before the big game that Lamar was taking a “break” to deal with a “family matter.” RadarOnline.com spoke with Lamar’s dad Joe, who battled a heroin addiction for years and said he’s “depressed” about his illness.

“He has been excused to tend to a family matter,” Rick said. “He will rejoin us after the [All-Star] break.”

Lamar’s dad wouldn’t disclose what exactly he’s battling but he did say it’s something he’s dealt with for a while.

Khloe Kardashian took to her Twitter a few hours before to say: “Weird day … Well if its not one thing, it’s another … I guess I can say life is never boring.”

— Chloe Melas

More Kim Kardashian News:

1. Jonathan Cheban Debuts Clothing Line: Get Your First Look Here
  2. Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears & Amber Rose Spill Huge Cleavage At Party After Whitney Houston Dies
  3. Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries’ Marriage Wasn’t Fake, Announces Their Wedding Planner

solicitor

Posted at 7:59 PM on April 11, 2012

It’s in point of fact a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

Posted at 2:13 PM on February 24, 2012

His Dad lives in the same building I do…I just saw him two days ago riding his bike. And I remember thinking, ” Wow, he’s not wearing his Lakers outfit.”

sara

Posted at 5:48 AM on February 24, 2012

Don’t believe it. Sounds like he didn’t want to face old teamates. Odom sold his soul when he went to the dark side and started filming his reality show. I heard his team mates and owners wanted him out. Also didn’t his driver kill a guy on a motorcycle..that family seriously is cursed.

Shelly

Posted at 9:21 PM on February 23, 2012

Another website also said Lamar’s father was gravely ill. I took this to mean he was near death. Now I’m reading he’s depressed ABOUT his illness and is actually making statements to the media. Strange, but I offer his father my prayers for a full recovery.

Shelly

Posted at 7:47 PM on February 24, 2012

I knew something was strange about this story when I read the updated version. I wonder WHAT WAS REALLY GOING ON!!!!

Zilly

Posted at 12:09 PM on February 23, 2012

Maybe its something with his dad?