Why You Should Support Carly Rae Jepsen If You're A Belieber

Thu, February 23, 2012 4:11pm EDT by 23 Comments
Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen

Justin Bieber has pleaded with fans to support his new artist, Carly Rae Jepsen, but some people are still resisting!

It amazes me how some Justin Bieber fans try to retaliate against him when he asks for their support. As one of the most fan-driven celebs in the world, you’d think when Justin calls upon his Beliebers to back something up, they’d line up to do it!

However, after Justin, 17, and his manager, Scooter Braun, signed the adorable Canadian artist, Carly Rae Jepsen, to their label, a number of fans were outraged. Some even compared Carly Rae to Rebecca Black, writing, “K IS IT JUST ME or does Carly Rae Jepsen remind you of Rebecca Black omfg,” which really got under Justin’s skin.

He tweeted about his frustration Feb. 22, writing, “and to my fans. I signed Carly and I am supporting her. I support all my friends and I support you. stop fighting and support EACHOTHER!! and if you dont know by now this is me then you dont know me at all. #NOMOREDRAMA – DAMN! ENOUGH ALREADY. We are a FAMILY!! #ILOVEMYFANS”

Justin rarely swears in his tweets, so he clearly was frustrated — and I can see why. It’s not like he’s repping some sell-out musician who can barely sing a note. Carly Rae is truly talented and certainly fits in the same realm of music as Justin. Plus, she’s been working at this dream for awhile, having got her first big break on Canadian Idol a whopping FIVE YEARS AGO in 2007. Carly Rae is not some random chick who’s pursuing a pipe dream — she’s got the chops to back up all the success she’s beginning to experience.

Regardless of all that, Justin’s been such an inspiration to his fans over the last few years, encouraging them to “never say never” and “believe,” we owe it to him to return the favor with his new business venture. It must be stressful for him to branch out into a new part of the music biz and it’s our job as fans to support him with his goals.

If you haven’t already today, take a couple seconds to go buy Carly Rae’s single, “Call Me Maybe,” in iTunes and then watch the music video below. Let’s stand behind Justin and make Carly Rae a huge star.

Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Justin & Selena News:

1. Justin Bieber Gives Selena Gomez A ‘Pre-Engagement Ring’ — New Report
  2. Selena Gomez Reveals Her Sexy ‘Girl Crush’
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Almost Kiss In New Music Video

ES

Posted at 5:49 PM on October 1, 2012

She does use autotune.

ceecee

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 5, 2012

lol can this article be any more biased? I’m not a belieber but I like Justin Bieber however he can’t force his fans to become fans of someone else and shouldn’t expect his fans to like Carly and her music just because he does..

cheyenne

Posted at 7:13 PM on April 11, 2012

thats cute to see justin bieber suport her

bieberloverforlife & future mrs. bieber

Posted at 1:47 PM on March 13, 2012

heyy guys me again if u see two comments below that’s exactly the same I did it by accident im sorry I didn’t know it was gonna do that something was wrong with my computer and woulden’t let me post it so i changed my name and then it letted me post it but now I see somehow both got posted even though it said it was unable to post the first bcuz of n error so just saying im sorry

future mrs. bieber

Posted at 1:41 PM on March 13, 2012

Ok I am a very strongly obsessed belieber I love Justin more than u could ever believe I think and talk bout him 24/7 and sometimes get in trouble with my family for it but IDC I just keep on talking bout him and thay also get made bcuz I make them buy every single imaginable jb merchandise that comes out my house is like a shrine to him everywhere u go no matter what room u go to u see the biebs EVERYWHERE i annoy my friends with it lol but idc again so im a huge belieber just letting u all know and im suporting carly I <3 here song soo much! I can't stop listening to it it's one of my new faves I can't get it outta my head lol so im just saying that im gonna suport her bcuz I like the song and for Justin's sake I mean he don't ask us to do much so why not? so lets all pitch in and do something that will make him happy this is just my opinion :) and I mean when he first started dateing selena we HATED it well I still do lol but I mean most of u turned around stopped hateing her and is now rooting for there relationship to last so if u can do that with her then why not carly? both of these girls makes Justin happy so lets make him happy although im not suporting his and selenas relationship at that's another story but I am suporting carly so tha's all im gonna say :) and P.S I LOVEE U JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even when people and my friends make fun of u I stand up for u and stay a strong belieber and fight for u lol im a belieber for life I promise that no matter what I will always b ur fan once a belieber ALWAYS a belieber <3

bieberloverforlife

Posted at 1:39 PM on March 13, 2012

McKenzie

Posted at 11:47 AM on February 27, 2012

I think we should all support Carly Rae. She has a true talent. I mean, if you dont do it for her, then do it for Justin! He has never steared us Beliebers wrong before and he isnt gonna start now. Look, try something new! We gave Justin a chance and now he has BILLIONS of fans! Who knows maybe you will come to love the music from Carly Rae as much as Justins music! I think shes an awesome singer! I gave her a chance and so should you. Justin wants us too. Just think. If that was you, you would want people to support you! I know I would want that. Just give her a shot! Justin has done so much for the fans, we should give a little back! No, we should give a TON back! I love you Justin and I support Carly Rae Jepsen! I hope others read this and decide to support her too. Everyone has to try new things! I <3 U JUSTIN!!!!! Belieber 4EVER!!

blessing them

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 24, 2012

Carly Rae is not a huge star.but she a very very good singer,she talented,Justin loves her music, he want support the girl achieve her dream, and why he can’t try some new things?Because he is too young?
when he first came to America, no one wanted to sign him, people thought that this little boy will not be successful, but he and Scooter did not give up, now we all see the results.

Honesty

Posted at 1:29 PM on February 24, 2012

Lets be honest here. A lot of beliebers appreciate JB for his talent, but a fair amount just like him because they think hes hot. Just wanted to say that’s retarded. KK, bye now

SRLS

Posted at 1:24 PM on February 24, 2012

jb is so conceited. There are tons of other artists out there that need some promotion and he over-promotes the canadian one. All he cares about is canada; and its annoying sometimes. If he keeps obsessing over her she’s gunna get old before anyone even knows her. Not a hater,just saying P.S- Don’t believe it ’till I see it

a

Posted at 11:17 AM on February 24, 2012

damn isn’t swearing.

Truth Be Told

Posted at 10:08 AM on February 24, 2012

Ugh. Shut up Justin. I love you but really. Everyone knows you just want more money from your “new artist”. All he’s doing is trying to promote her the best he can so he can try to make someone into a “superstar” like himself. Justin has a big egho and thinks so highly of himself. He thinks he might be the next Michael Jackson. Calm down. I love you but you might only last a couple more years with an attitude like this.

Chelsea

Posted at 10:57 PM on February 23, 2012

To be fair… We Canadians were on board with Carly Rae long before JB came into the picture. She’s had lots of hits in Canada including Bucket, Sour Candy, and Tug of War.

Erica

Posted at 9:26 PM on February 23, 2012

I love this song! It is so cute and fun to sing along with. :)

AlmaJ.

Posted at 1:26 PM on February 24, 2012

I like the twisted ending :)

Anaya WIlliams

Posted at 9:22 PM on February 23, 2012

That’s really sweet of Justin’s manger to sign here with a contract. Of course she will be making million is going to become famous soon. I saw the video on YouTube already and I honestly loved it. He does so much for his fans, and he’s so so sweet. And I total agree with his tweet that he posted Feb. 22.

c

Posted at 4:39 PM on February 23, 2012

1. She’s ugly
2. If her music is in the same genre of Justin Bieber – she sucks
3. The only reason Justin has so many fans is b/c stupid teen girls think he’s “hot”
4. Telling people to like someone doesn’t work – people can hear
5. If she’s not a “nobody” and has been around since ’07 why has no one heard of her!?

As usual, HL you’re coming off like a whiny teen (much like Justin)

Guest

Posted at 6:08 PM on February 23, 2012

As soon as someone gets famous … out come the ‘Haters’.
And as usual they make no sense.
Carly is a great singer (no autotune), super friendly and has a great personality.
Whether you know her or not is irrelevant.
There are successful singers all over the world you don’t know either.
So take a seat.

Truth be Told.

Posted at 10:12 AM on February 24, 2012

Not to be rude but have you met her? You can’t believe everything someone else you don’t know (Justin Bieber) says. I mean I dont know her either that’s why I won’t judge her but don’t jump to conclusion just because Justin said so.

CRJ? wtf

Posted at 2:33 PM on February 24, 2012

I appreciate the “Haters”. I’m one of them on many topics. Can’t like everything. Just keeping it real here but, Don’t like CRJ’s music. Its too repetitive and has no meaning. Why can’t everyone be like Beyonce? Who knows, maybe after a while CRJ can prove me wrong. She is a mediocre singer, and I agree who cares if you know her? I judge threw myears. And by the way @guest,I’m sitting.

Me

Posted at 11:00 PM on February 23, 2012

1. She may not be gorgeous, that’s not what it’s about!
2. Her music is similar to JB’s, in that it’s pop
3. That may contribute, but he’s obviously talented.
4. You’re right, but his fans shouldn’t hate just because they are jealous of the attention he gives her. Same as the death threats they sent Selena – it’s insane
5. It cane take a lot of time for someone to get famous. Besides, she’s had multiple singles in Canada that have been successful, but the crossover to America from Canada can be challenging.

CarlyRae❤

Posted at 4:59 AM on February 24, 2012

I have a hunch that you will become increasingly frustrated,just like Bieber haters

lola

Posted at 2:25 PM on February 24, 2012

haha! lol so true. I’m a teenage girl and I don’t like Justin bieber at all! Never heard of Carly Rae Jep. Shes gunna have to prove herself before anyone can like her. I can’t believe Jb thinks he is so famous that he can promote somebody and boom their famous. Don’t work like that in hollywood hun, by the way, Jb, yur no Michael Jackson. Long live the king!