'Gossip Girl' Spoiler: Blair's Intense Moment With Chuck & Dan

Thu, February 23, 2012 6:34pm EDT by 65 Comments

‘Gossip Girl’ fans, don’t give up hope yet! Executive Producer Joshua Safran and Jake Coburn reveal in this new video that next week’s episode will give Chair AND Dair fans a lot to talk about! Perhaps Blair will have a change of heart for good?

The only obstacle keeping Blair (Leighton Meester) from moving forward with Dan–  or back to Chuck — is her prenup with Louis (Hugo Becker). And in this new preview her beloved stepdad Cyrus (Wallace Shawn) may have found a way around it!

This, of course, is good news because it means Blair’s feelings for Dan (Penn Badgley) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) will truly be tested because there will finally be nothing to stop her. And even though on the Feb. 20 episode Blair chose Dan and even received Serena’s (Blake Lively) blessing, Chuck is not out of the picture.

Jake Coburn, Gossip Girl co-producer, says there’s going to be some “great triangle stuff” that will happen between Chuck, Blair and Dan on Feb. 27 episode. Let’s just hope it ends on Chuck’s favor.

Watch the videos below and tell us what you think, HollywoodLifers! Are you looking forward to next week’s episode? Sound off in your comments below.

xoxo

– Nicole Karlis

‘GG’ Producers discuss “The Princess Dowry”

“The Princess Dowry” preview!

somegirl

Posted at 2:54 PM on April 5, 2012

I wish these articles weren’t biased toward one side. Kind of annoying to read, though I guess it is just a blog.

Wakawaka

Posted at 10:24 PM on April 3, 2012

I personally have expected Dair from day one of the first season. They are complete opposites, he’s good to her mischief creating a fine balance between the two creating great chemistry. But then you have Chair, yes these two have been through a grand amount of obsticles to which it takes true love to get past. However in the end they always separate worse off than they are, every time it gets worse and worse. What I dont like about these characters together is they are almost exactly alike. How many of us can look in the mirror and say I’d date a male/female version of myself? Differences more so than simularities bind people together. As they say oppisites attract.

Not cracking down on anybody elses opinion. Just my 2 cents even if thats all its worth lol.

Here We Go

Posted at 12:07 AM on March 29, 2012

Nate and Blair time…. Blair “When I first saw Nate, even though we were kids I remember thinking this is the man I am going to marry. I love you Nate, always have, always will.”
Even Chace Crawford likes Nairs relationship and wants it to be more explored. Time to get back closer to the books.
Dan and Blair – brother/sister combo, Blair and Chuck – Fatal Attraction.
Dan and Serena were good and Chuck should stay single til he hits his 30′s or 40′s. Jenny might be a good combo for him. She’s always stood up to him and called his bluffs.

Holly

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 20, 2012

Whoever wants Chuck and Blair back together doesn’t know what a real relationship is. Chuck traded Blair for a hotel, tried to rape Jenny, and plays stupid little games to mess with Blair’s head. If the GG writers ship Chair they are telling young women everywhere that it is okay to stay in an abusive relationship.

Anna

Posted at 5:11 AM on March 1, 2012

Wow i’m really excited to see dan and blair together!! The realationship between chuck and blair was really complicated but dair is simple and cute!!!

Hope

Posted at 8:08 AM on February 28, 2012

Ok. I literally gagged when they had Blair go to Dan’s at the end of the episode and make out with Dan. Next thing you know Serena and Chuck are going to be banging.

Vanessa

Posted at 12:35 AM on February 28, 2012

I use to love this show so much it was crazy…and then Dair happened! Chuck & Blair belong together-> I don’t understand how she can possibly forget her feelings for Chuck:) They have totally ruined Blair. I don’t even watch the show…I just read the recap hoping that Blair realizes that Chuck is the only man for her:)

Anne

Posted at 11:11 PM on February 27, 2012

I used to LOVE gossip girl and looked forward to watching it each week and have seen most episodes at least twice! The actors do such a wonderful job and I thought the writing was really good until lately. The chemistry on screen between Chuck and Blair is something really unique. After tonight’s episode, I’m really let down. Dan and Blair? Give me a break! I really don’t like the direction that they took with Blair’s character recently not just with Dan. Even though Blair was mean in the past, you still really liked her . . . not so much now. With Dan and Blair as a couple, I will not be watching season 6 if there is one. It’s reached a point now where the story line is ridiculous. End this show in a good way or it will forever be remembered this way. I’m hoping that the writer’s can start to turn this around for all of their loyal viewers like me!

Sophie

Posted at 11:31 AM on February 27, 2012

As a UK viewer I have lost all respect for the writers with the ridiculous addition of Dan and Blair. You spent 4 seasons building a Chuck Blair storyline which you have completely ruined and left viewers unsatisfied. Good luck trying to recreate 4 seasons of chuck/Blair build up in the little amount of episodes left. It will now look as if your storyline failed and you had to divert to the original plot, the storyline viewers have been fed and bought into. The Dan Blair storyline is the silliest misjudgment your writers have ever made- American dramas succeed on the underlying fairytale ending or viewers feel let down, you just tainted the work and build up you have worked so hard on and devalued the feelings Blair was meant to have for chuck by the constant and ridiculous trail of excuses to keep them apart.

DAIRfan

Posted at 3:39 AM on February 27, 2012

I used to hate GG. It premiered when I was a freshmen in college ( i’m now 23) and I thought it was horrible because it was an unrealistic characterization of the lives of teenagers in high school. Granted, it’s a show depicting really rich kids in NYC, however, a lot of teenagers nationwide looked up to their characters as role models and style icons. I thought the first season did a terrible job of addressing the fact that Chuck was trying to rape then 14 year old Jenny. It was brushed off like it was no big deal and Dan and Serena witnessed it. Why was it that it was never seriously addressed until season 3 and it was only mentioned lightly in a few episodes? WTF!!! I worked with a lot of young women who were victimes of date rape and I thought the producers were letting young women down. I did not start watching the show again until now, season 5 because a friend in Law School is a fan and told me to give it a second chance, so, I gave it a shot and watched every season, from the 1st through the 4th (multiple times) to catch up and watch the 5th and I have to say that Dan and Blair are the perfect pairing. If you go back, you will see it since near the end of season 1 and then going into season 2 how much this two characters really relate to each other.

Chuck and Blair had a seriously abusive relationship. Yes, it makes for good TV and drama yadda yadda, but in all honesty, those who enjoy watching that sort of interaction between two very young people on a weekly basis have a very warped idea of what romance is all about and have some serious personal issues. Why would you want to watch that sort of abuse happen over and over and over again? You need to remember, people from all age groups watch the show and I think more shows need to show what a healthy relationship looks like because in today’s society where there are a lot of family issues, it does not help for today’s youth or even young adults like myself to see unhealthy relationships legitimized and romanticized on TV. It’s bad enough we see really bad situations in real life, it doesn’t help to paint a pretty picture of it on TV.

Elizabeth

Posted at 4:50 PM on February 26, 2012

Finally something fresh to look forward to. Dan and Blair are the best reason to keep watching Gossip Girl, I don’t know exactly know when either of these character became my favorites but I think it has something to do with the fact that they were given the chance to evolve. They’ve changed, they’ve grown up, and they have developed this beautiful chemistry together. Goes to show you that love doesn’t always have to depicted so terribly torturous and intense where two people constantly do terrible things to each-other hence Chuck and Blair. In my opinion they are better off apart we don’t always end up with the first person we fell in love with. Dan and Blair are beautiful together, stubborn Chairs can deny it all they want but Dan and Blair should end up together. Love isn’t about who has the upper hand as it always seems to be with Blair and Chuck, despite him trying to change (which is good) but rather about finding someone who loves you for you. And that is EXACTLY what Dan and Blair are all about. Thumbs up to the writers for finally going there.

Lexi

Posted at 8:07 PM on February 25, 2012

I completely agree. The reason the ratings have dropped this season is bc of Louis! No one wanted to watch him and Blair it was sooooo boring. But lat year when they started to introduce Dair the ratings were high. Once people realize that Louis is out of the question and they see the undeniable chemistry between Dan and Blair the ratings will sky rocket again. Chair is sooooo boring and soooo 3 years ago. Blair has evolved, she is done being that immature girl that she was when she was with chuck. Plus leighton meester said in an interview that she’s very excited about Dair and wants it to develop and penn badgley even said in an interview that Blair is his soul mate.
Dair forever!

alena

Posted at 2:46 AM on February 25, 2012

Well thank god!!! i’m so glad to see that monday won’t be 100% Dair like is has the past couple of weeks. I’ve missed the last 4 because of Dair. I just feel sick when i watch them.

Cameron

Posted at 5:34 PM on February 24, 2012

Thank you Vanilla and Alyssa for expressing the feelings about this show I could not put into words! Not only are the writers ruining Chuck and Blair, but they’re contradicting the entire storyline they’ve created the past 4 seasons! Queen B would never be seen with a poor, artsy-type from Brooklyn, and Dan hated the snotty, materialistic, crazy life of the Upper East Side – that’s why he and Serena broke up so many times! Plus, the whole thing where Dan was supposedly at a competition for Blair years ago? Um, he hated Blair! Sure, I understand putting obstacles in the way of Chuck and Blair, but this is getting ridiculous… and enough with the love triangles already! Nate-Blair-Chuck, Nate-Serena-Dan, Chuck-Blair-Dan. Come on, now. If you’re going to do obstacles, at least make them original.

fan007

Posted at 7:22 PM on February 24, 2012

It’s called growing up. If you rewatch the series, you can understand where the characters are coming from.

Carla

Posted at 3:22 PM on February 24, 2012

Blair will endup with Dan…DAIR FTW !!!

iloveleighton

Posted at 12:25 PM on February 24, 2012

yeah…i hope also that this things will end up on chuck’s favor.I fed up with what the producer says,they only make me miserable!!duh!!!!

Alyssa

Posted at 11:11 AM on February 24, 2012

Everyone is bored of GG this season since they have been dragging out Chuck and Blair’s inevitable reunion. Even obsessed fans don’t want to watch which is sad. Dair destroyed everything good about this show because the show lost its edge, its aim, its meaning. İt became a show about a poor Brooklyn guy who never does anything bad or if he do then never gets called out or punished for it. I am so sick of this hypocrisy.The last episode was ridiculously awful. Blair became a lame crazy person who have no boundaries no respect to the people in her life, who doesn’t remember the several different kind of love declaration for Chuck she had till an episode ago for the whole season and suddenly.. is it possible for someone to go from ‘I love you more and more each day if its even possible ‘ to ‘ has you feelings changed? ‘No, I don’t know’.. suddenly out of a blue Humbphrey became more important to Blair and she is not sure about her feelings for Chuck. This fake DB story is obviously done for some online DB fans and pushed away all the real loyal fans of GG.. I am tired and I don’t care about GG anymore.
And I think its very obvious that Blair will once again choose Dan not Chuck.. Aww how awesome Humphrey is ugghh!! thats awful..
And as a viewer I need lots of explanation from the writers producers ex. because everything is out of a blue.

Vanilla

Posted at 12:59 PM on February 24, 2012

Agree. Dair has RUINED this show. It is completely destroyed. I have never seen a show where people would rather see it get canceled, then see this one couple happen.

Less than one million viewers is a fail!

Losing 200,000 viewers in one episode is a fail!

I just hope they give us Chuck and Blair back in and kill the sad joke that is Dair.

Piper

Posted at 12:20 AM on February 25, 2012

I am with you all the way. Like Blair would ever let Dan touch her. GROSS!!!

LIke you, I am tired of this crap and could not care less since it’s clear that the writers could not care less.

DamnThatChucker

Posted at 9:46 AM on February 24, 2012

I’m team Chuck and Blair so of course I want them to get back together…but despite that, I can’t stand the way that the writers have Blair acting this season. She is so weak-minded and I feel as if she can’t do anything for herself. I mean, isn’t she supposed to be Queen B…she needs to be running sh*t on the UES. The manipulative lil b*tch needs to come back from hiding, because last time I checked, she was supposed to be “the crazy b*tch around here*

Cameron

Posted at 6:04 PM on February 24, 2012

YES!!! Keeping Chuck and Blair apart is bad, but the worst of it is that Blair isn’t even Blair anymore… Queen B would never date someone like Dan! And it makes me so angry how two episodes ago, she loved Chuck “more and more every day.” Really, Blair? And now you’re saying you “don’t know” if your feelings have changed? The writing has gotten so contradictory and so bad. They are making a mess of the Queen B GG fans love.

Sarah

Posted at 8:54 AM on February 24, 2012

Some people think Dair is ruining the show which is such a joke. Dair has saved this show. Without it, if it was only Chair on the menu, things would have been much worse.
Dair has been developed so well and at this point I’m ridiculously excited about them!
Chair lost their spark so long ago. I can’t even remember what i liked about them in the first place.
Dair is the real deal :)

Vanilla

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 24, 2012

Dair has never had a spark to begin with and now the ratings have crashed and burned!

Guest

Posted at 1:11 PM on February 24, 2012

Dairlusional to the core. Amazing how things as simple as numbers seem to be missed. The entire Dair fan base must be as delusional can be if they think this is anything more than contrived nonsense.

FYI, Chair has always been on the menu, and they have never gotten lower than 1 million viewers. Get real sweetie.

Sarah

Posted at 3:47 PM on February 24, 2012

Sweetie,
I’m not even competing. I’m winning.
Dair FTW! :)

Guest

Posted at 4:55 PM on February 24, 2012

Charlie Sheen was “Winning” too!

BW

Posted at 7:04 PM on February 24, 2012

Someone here has some sense, thank God.
Dair has saved the show, regardless of what the ratings convey. It hasn’t been this enjoyable since season 2. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to “root” for a “ship” that’s half attempted rapist, abusive, and manipulative. Blair deserves much, much better.

Mel Dares to Dair

Posted at 8:23 AM on March 8, 2012

Totally agree with your comment! If the ratings are so poor and nobody wants Dair then why has the kissing scene from 5 x 15 got nearly 300,000 hits on youtube and the scene from 5 x 17 is approaching 100,000 and it was aired just over a week ago? There are obviously some people who can’t get enough of seeing those two together (possibly because the chemistry is ELECTRIC)

Manon

Posted at 8:31 AM on February 24, 2012

Love Dair and only watch for them – I hope they are end game. Penn & Leighton’s chemistry is off the chart and should be explore much much further

Mia

Posted at 8:22 AM on February 24, 2012

Let’s just hope it ends on Dan’s favor. There. Much better.

azab

Posted at 7:10 AM on February 24, 2012

“Let’s just hope it ends on Chuck’s favor”? Seriously? I thought journalism required being unbiased, like, by definition. Personally, I believe the D/B storyline is the best thing that’s happened to Gossip Girl ever – at least I started watching the show regularly only because of it. And I hope they keep it up, which they fortunately seem to be doing, telling off all the haters on twitter in the meantime.

Diana Pichardo

Posted at 1:10 PM on February 24, 2012

If DAIR had SUCH CHEMISTRY and PERFECTION, the ratings would go UP not DOWN! the last episode had 1 million viewers, when Gossip girl had NEVER had such a LOW rating, while chuck and Blair appeared as a couple on screen the rating was between 2 and 3 millions. Here I am not talking about which couple I prefer, neither which one looks better (because I actually loved Blair and Nate) I am talking about FACTS, with Dan and Blair the ratings are terrible.

Guest

Posted at 1:13 PM on February 24, 2012

Actually, the ratings were 800,000 during the second half of the episode.

Dair = Epic Fail! The General audience has spoken!

BW

Posted at 7:14 PM on February 24, 2012

Blair and Nate are my favorite too. Oh I love them! I loved Derena too, but I’m rooting for Dair. They have such a fantastic chemistry and it’s something new and fresh, the whole Chair things is so old and tired. Not to mention Chuck is straight up a horrible person and I can’t stand to even look at him anymore.

chairlove

Posted at 4:47 AM on February 24, 2012

DB makes me sick, I can’t stand them (sorry but lack of chemistry and the view of them romanticly turns my stomach) and all of the obstacles in CB’s way are getting so ridiculous and I’m not fond of love triangles this much, so this arc bores me to hell, not watching TBH. IDK who finds this fun or amusing. Maybe Chuck and Serena haterz?

obviously she will choose Dan right now because Dan has been specialized over blaming Chuck and showing him like the bad guy while he has been nothing but good and amazing this season. and now he deserves Dan’s doucheness all over? I’m not gonna even talk about Blair because she is a total mess. I hope Serena and Chuck stay out of DB’s mess.

Vanilla

Posted at 2:28 AM on February 24, 2012

Nicole, I am adding a second comment because I am your biggest fan!

Honestly, despite going down to 800,000 viewers in the second half hour, they are stuck with this DB storyline. I doubt anything good will come out of it for us until at least episode 521.

Seriously, I am scared to watch. They totally are expecting their audience to believe that seasons 1-5 (up until two episodes ago) didn’t happen. Apparently Dan was in love with Blair in season 1? Um….Okay, because I remember it he hated her guts and couldn’t believe Serena would spend time with her. I also remember Serena being his one true love. This storyline makes zero sense. They have completely underestimated their audience and over estimated the popularity of Dan Humphrey.

Also, if they are going try to get me to buy that Dan is the most important person in Blair’s life over Serena her bestie from Childhood, and Over Chuck who she just spent the last 4 seasons and last 5 episodes confessing her undying love for, then they are seriously on crack.

Vanilla

Posted at 3:30 AM on February 24, 2012

PS: With ratings like these, the Dair arc officially sucks more than Blouis!