'One Tree Hill' Recap: Lucas Returns & Nathan Breaks Free — Almost

Wed, February 22, 2012 10:27pm EDT by 28 Comments

Lucas arrives in Tree Hill to help with a new crisis, while Brooke battles a demon from her past.

He’s baaaaack! On the Feb. 22 episode of One Tree Hill, Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray) — the one man who can compete with Nathan (James Lafferty) in the looks category — finally returned to Tree Hill. The fact that he’s back in town almost made every other event that occurred in “Last Known Surroundings” irrelevant. Still, this highly anticipated episode did not disappoint.

As Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) requested, Lucas returned to take Jamie (Jackson Brundage) and Lydia with him so she could focus on Nathan and protect her children in case anything bad happened. Lucas reassured Haley several times that her husband WILL COME HOME (please, please, pleeeease let this be true!) Jamie forgot to bring along the video of his dad and called Julian (Austin Nichols) so he could send it to him. Julian sent the video to Jamie and even made a copy for Dan Scott (Paul Johansson), and after intently looking at the same 30-second video for hours, Dan noticed a symbol in the background. (We don’t know what it means, but we do know it isn’t good!)

I couldn’t understand anything the crazy European terrorist said during the entire episode, but the most important thing was that Nathan broke free! I thought it was suspicious that the cop who turned Haley away from the beginning of Nathan’s disappearance showed up to help — and I was right! The cop has been involved in the kidnapping from the beginning. He kept whining about how the police department wouldn’t make him a detective (do you want some cheese?) and how his association with Nathan’s kidnapping paid more money. (I did NOT see this twist coming, but I did find it odd that the cop just showed up out of nowhere when no one had any idea where Nathan was.)

Clay (Robert Buckley) continued talking with his therapist, only to discover that he’s a boringly normal individual. He did, however, reveal that he felt responsible for Nathan’s disappearance. Clay was supposed to be the one to go to Europe, not Nathan.

Back in Tree Hill, Chase (Stephen Colletti) woke up to two strippers AND Chris Keller (Tyler Hilton) in his apartment. To top it all off, he was called back to the Air Force for active duty. He broke the news to his right-hand man, Chuck (Michael May), and basically crushed his heart. Chase noticed that Chuck had been lying about spending time with his father, and Chase took the opportunity to hang out with him before he had to leave. Chuck revealed a huge bruise on his abdomen, claiming he fell off his bike. This storyline has child absue written all over it.

Xavier Daniels (Devin McGee) requested that Brooke (Sophia Bush) meet with him before his trial where he hoped to be set free. He apologized to Brooke for attacking her, but he never admitted to murdering her friend, Quentin Fields. Unable to truly forgive Xavier, Brooke testified against him and told the court how he has not changed and that he will continue to be a threat if released. She felt good about her decision until she realized there’s still a possibility Mr. Daniels could still be set free. (Annnnnd go figure, he was. That was the most appealing testimony I’ve ever heard, and the criminal was still set free. Does this mean trouble for the Baker family?!?)

The previews for next episode showed Haley Scott crying over a body bag. Obviously, this did not set well with me. I refuse to even let myself think that Nathan’s body is in that bag because THAT JUST CAN’T HAPPEN!

Can it?!

— Jaymie Bailey

Elisha

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 23, 2014

Its not any other the families my guess is that guy that said ” I was sent to kill a man don’t make me kill 2″ was found and they thought it was Nathan which thank god it wasn’t

simon

Posted at 1:42 PM on January 23, 2014

i’m kind of confused… maybe its just me but lets try….

– where is lucas and peyton after season 6?? They seem just fine at the last episode and then in the next season they are both gone???

florise

Posted at 11:14 PM on November 19, 2013

i love you so much lucas eugene scott(Chad Michael Murray

brooke burton chad bethony

Posted at 6:56 AM on November 7, 2013

i lve lucas

Hellen

Posted at 7:15 AM on August 17, 2012

Oh my God can imagine nathan not being there right now I can put my self In haley’s shoes . you people i love one tree hill i ve been watching from season1to8 only 9 that i’m missing to watch.

florise

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 19, 2013

i wait Lucas and Payton for the next season

Hellen

Posted at 6:00 AM on August 17, 2012

I hope Nethan is alive in this season 9. And i! happy that lucas is back he Is my favourite.

кулинария,еда,рецепты,кухня,culinary,food

Posted at 8:25 AM on May 16, 2012

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my web site =). We can have a hyperlink change contract between us

Amy Poole

Posted at 7:23 AM on May 6, 2012

Really do not want nathen to be dead i was crying through to whole episode the one when he nearly escapes it was so intence i love oth always and forever i have the seasons up to 4 does anyone no where i can get the others so happy Lucas come back i just dident like his hair i thought it was weird anyway i love him dont die nathen even though u probaly wont jamie is so cute and so is lydia it broke my heart even more when Lucas Jamie and Lydia was about to go to the plaine and Jamie just grabbed Lucas and cuddled him i cried more then ever seriously . Does anyone know when the second episode is of hayley finding the body bag .

need advice

Posted at 10:25 PM on April 5, 2012

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Samantha

Posted at 10:26 PM on April 4, 2012

Why didn’t Lucas come back for the final episode of one tree hill. I was hoping so much that he was coming back, him and Payton and a couple of other characters-Karen, Nanny Deb! WHERE WERE THEY!?

~ i love lafferty ~

Posted at 6:44 PM on February 29, 2012

NATHAN ISN’T GOING TO DIE!!!

Jen

Posted at 6:18 PM on February 29, 2012

According to something i read…
“Though the promo shows of a possible death, Lafferty does return for the April 4 series finale, as creator Mark Schwahn told reporters last month that this season will show why Nathan and Haley (“Naley”) are indeed soulmates.”

This is from something i googled on google news.

MORE IMPORTANTLY… NATHAN DOESNT DIE<3

Steph.

Posted at 8:44 AM on February 26, 2012

It will either b brooke, nathan or dan. Brooke being the reason xavier cums bak for her. Nathan coz of the kidnappers or dan coz he c’z that symbol recognises it, goes after nathan and dies in the process. Hayley crying coz she lead 2 believe it was dan responsible 4 nathans disappearence. Itd b too obvious 4 nat to die. There wil b a mass twist!!

Megara

Posted at 2:35 PM on February 23, 2012

I’m predicting that Dan does something heroic to save Nathan and sacrifices himself in the process. (I know its cheesy, but c’mon its OTH…that show lives for crazy cheesy plotlines). Haley finds out about Dan’s plan but is too late to prevent his death, thus the tears. Season ends with Dan somewhat redeemed for his past sins.

Stevie

Posted at 12:01 PM on February 23, 2012

Bet the body bag has the cop in it.

jerryn

Posted at 11:27 AM on February 23, 2012

nathan :'( he has been my fave guy characther since season 1 they cant kill him and leave my fave girl characther alone nooooooooooooo
i dont care if its the end of one three hill they cant do that

Lisa

Posted at 9:02 AM on February 23, 2012

My guess is the dead body is the other Russian that was killed when Nate was first kidnapped. I agree I would have loved to see Lucas intetact with more characters. I always loved Lucas and Hailey relationship but he had others who he bonded with. Having him sitting at the airport the whole episode was disappointing and his character deserved better. Chad’s character is one of the main reasons Oth was such a success.

Romantic dating here

Posted at 8:51 AM on February 23, 2012

(WWW weαlthychatC/o/M) === D/ating____M/i/l/lionaires!
↑↑↑↑↑↑ Hot and handsome b’eauties and guys, Millionaires’ special club! ↑↑↑↑ ↑↑

MJM

Posted at 3:51 AM on February 23, 2012

If it is Nathan I am going to be sooooo upset! How could they kill Nathan!!

Josi

Posted at 12:29 AM on February 23, 2012

Do u guys think the dead body could be Brooke’s? At the very end of the episode they show that Xavier guy standing outside of Karen’s cafe as brooke was locking up. I hope it’s not any of our favorite characters! Eek!

Kat

Posted at 12:24 AM on February 23, 2012

Why do I have a bad feeling it will be Brooke and not Nathan? If that guy was let go, who’s to say he won’t go after her?!

sherrie scarlett

Posted at 12:16 AM on February 23, 2012

I’m disappointed in the use of Lucas in his only episode…… the fact he only interacted with a few people and never left the airport. I thought he would of been on longer than 5 minutes total, it should have been about him and his helping find Nathan. You had a chance of making it a kickass show and fell very short. I guess we should be grateful he came back at all unlike Hilarie Burton..

cg

Posted at 3:18 PM on February 23, 2012

It would have been great if Hil returned but sorry she was filming a movie and couldn’t come back.

Joseph muthanga

Posted at 12:08 AM on February 23, 2012

I love it 2much!

Bekki

Posted at 11:55 PM on February 22, 2012

My personal hope is that Haley is crying because it is NOT Nathan and she is so afraid it will be. I don’t think it would be right for them to kill off Nathan in the final season so I’m banking on it being someone else they thought might be him so they asked her to identify and it isn’t him. Hopefully that jerkface cop ::crosses fingers::

Tamara

Posted at 12:51 AM on February 23, 2012

That is what I am hoping either that or Dan found him and it’s him. Sad she did not believe him and happy it’s not her husband!!! This is also the perfect opportunity for DAN back into Nathans life!!! The possibilities are endless!

joey

Posted at 10:57 PM on February 22, 2012

Its prolly either nathan dan. Julian or chris because in first episode it showed chris and dan get out of car but may be julian because tonights episode show him and dan figuring out the gang who took him…if it is julian dan chris haley gets so upset because the either save nathan or risk their life just hope its not nathan